Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #2026
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
MmmMMMmMm... Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce... so delicious.
What's Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #2027
Solumina

It is BBQ sauce that incorporates Dr. Pepper (don't worry it isn't Dr. Pepper flavored it only has a touch of Dr. Peppery goodness), I've never had it but I have had some rather delicious cola BBQ sauces and they are the same general concept.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #2028
Saya

...Intriguing. I'd try this but I think we're done for barbecue weather.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #2029
Solumina

Mmmmm chow fun ^_^
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #2030
Mr E Nigma

Correction Solumina. It in fact, is Dr. Pepper flavored BBQ sauce. Obviously it has BBQ sauce tastyness to it, but you can definitely find the Dr. pepperiness quite easily. And it looks like this...

Old 08-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #2031
Saya

Ordered mala beads, put in the correct address this time, hopefully this will make it up to those nuns. I still feel bad about getting them to send two malas to nowhere.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #2032
Duane

The dude I was talking about came back to the store, and he agreed to read some of my stuff, so I'm writing a few short stories. Man, getting my stuff read by an actual writer, this kicks ass.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 AM   #2033
honeythorn

I found a freshly dead squirrell!!!!! YAY! In had to put him on a tree root and collect him on the way home as I was on the way to a balti when I found him. We all got given a red rose by the waiter at the balti,, so on the way back I collected my prize, and walked the rest of the way home with my rose in one hand and this dead squirrell in the other! Hahaha!

Thing is, I was holding it by the last couple of inches of it's tail so as not to touch it too much despite being fresh, and IT CAME OFF IN MY HAND. The bit I was holding was left in my hand, just this big tuft of skin and hair, and the squirrell dropped to the floor with 2 inches of tailbone protruding! I had no idea the skin was so loose there.

But anyway. I now have a good supply of bones and a great skull when they're all rotted down and clean ( and I'll get father to sandblast the skull at work so I can dremel a hole through and make it into a hairclip ) and I kept the tuft of tail. I put it in a jar full of salt, so I hope that will suffice to dry/preserve it. I want to make it into a single feature earring.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #2034
Solumina

My roommate is dumb, she is starting a Cult Classics Movie Club and well now that she has done all of the paperwork and such she is sitting down with the co-creator of the club to come up with a list of movies that they want to use for events and such this year. So far they have been thinking for over an hour and have come up with Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo the Genetic Opera. I keep popping in to give sugesstions and either my sugestions don't count because they are too popular and isn't "cult" enough (seriously Showgirls was too popular? I mean I know it eventually became a best seller but it was a complete bust in theaters.) or they have never heard of it so therefore it doesn't meat the "classic" criteria (I'm not really sure how neither of them have heard of Dr. Horrible but a quick check of views, as it is only online, will show that it has a rather strong fan base).
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #2035
Still Jack

Metropolis, Dambusters, Great Escape, Donnie Darko, Fight Club, Blade Runner, Coffee and Cigarettes, From Dusk Till Dawn, Pulp Fiction, Gypsy 83, Jackie Brown, Requim for a Dream, Star Wars ( OG version, with Jabba the hut as a fur wearing fat bloke from a truckstop on the M6, not the digatally remastered ripoff ), Breakfast Club, Trainspotting, Vanishing Point, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

That's just off the top of my head, it's not that difficult really...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #2036
Solumina

Yeah I named most of those and they were all either "too popular" of the girls hadn't hear of them. I really don't think this club is going anywhere if they haven't heard of Blade Runner, it made me sad when they both looked at me in confusion.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #2037
Solumina

They just added Monty Python and the Holy Grail to the list, those two make my brain hurt.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #2038
Still Jack

It makes my brain hurt that they hadn't heard of Blade Runner....
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #2039
Solumina

I know, I offered to give them my Hollywood Video card so that they could rent it but they didn't want to bother, I have to say I find this more shameful than any past roommate experiences.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #2040
Duane

From Dusk Till Dawn ... That movie kicks ass.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #2041
korinna5555

While we're talking about movies, I just saw a cool film on IFC called Shopping.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #2042
Xombie

I saw District 9 last night. It sucked. :[
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #2043
Geoluhread

The calculus I failed for the first time, upon redoing it, I got 94%
I rock.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #2044
Extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
Correction Solumina. It in fact, is Dr. Pepper flavored BBQ sauce. Obviously it has BBQ sauce tastyness to it, but you can definitely find the Dr. pepperiness quite easily. And it looks like this...

I have the A&W Rootbeer BBQ sauce but I don't know, I guess I don't use bbq sauce enough to detect a difference.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #2045
Extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I found a freshly dead squirrell!!!!! YAY! In had to put him on a tree root and collect him on the way home as I was on the way to a balti when I found him. We all got given a red rose by the waiter at the balti,, so on the way back I collected my prize, and walked the rest of the way home with my rose in one hand and this dead squirrell in the other! Hahaha!

Thing is, I was holding it by the last couple of inches of it's tail so as not to touch it too much despite being fresh, and IT CAME OFF IN MY HAND. The bit I was holding was left in my hand, just this big tuft of skin and hair, and the squirrell dropped to the floor with 2 inches of tailbone protruding! I had no idea the skin was so loose there.

But anyway. I now have a good supply of bones and a great skull when they're all rotted down and clean ( and I'll get father to sandblast the skull at work so I can dremel a hole through and make it into a hairclip ) and I kept the tuft of tail. I put it in a jar full of salt, so I hope that will suffice to dry/preserve it. I want to make it into a single feature earring.

I admit I have at least one necklace made of the bones of animals, but it was a gift. I didn't understand the first time somebody accused me of being irreverant for wearing it; I thought it was the opposite...though I realized later that I'd never given it any thought, and that until that point it WAS only a fashion statement purely for vanity. And that's all it is to you.

So I hope all your mall-core peers envy you over your new leet indie jewelry, which is ttly goth enough for you, even though it's made from a squirrel.

P.S. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 AM   #2046
honeythorn

He isn't going to be needing his body any longer , I didn't kill him he was hit by a car ( and I would never kill something and use the bones unless I was going to eat it ) , and he's rotting down in the same way he would if I had left him there by the side of the road.

Bugs and bacteria get fed, and I get some useful jewellery materials out of it. Nothing goes to waste in nature , and I don't wish to waste useful bones that I can make into something as beautiful or fascinating as the animal they belonged to.

Also sorry to bust your bubble lad, but -
Quote:
mall-core peers
I don't have any. None of my friends are into any sort of alternative culture so I have no reason or desire to try and impress anyone with bits of squirrel in the spirit of goffness.

So that's pissed on your fire a bit.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #2047
korinna5555

I just baked a pie, and I'm making dinner tonight. I feel so domestic. XD
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #2048
Catch

I should probably go eat something.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #2049
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I know, I offered to give them my Hollywood Video card so that they could rent it but they didn't want to bother, I have to say I find this more shameful than any past roommate experiences.
That sucks, though I would consider MP and the Holy Grail a cult classic.

So they didn't mention Clue? or Mirror Mask? or the Labyrinth? or Rollerball?

You know, I bet they don't even mention Foreign flicks that are cult classics in the US, like Ichi the Killer or Audition...

Maybe if you get a really cute boy to mention some of the movies you talked about they'd add it if he said he'd join as long as they add those obvious cult classics....

And srsly, where's Casablanca? Just Sayin'. Or A Scanner Darkly...

Your roommate does fail.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #2050
Saya

ZOMG Solumina get them to watch The Room.

Ever since I saw that film I was so happy to hang out with friends named Lisa so I could work in "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!" in our conversations.