Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #2201
edible_eye

scope it, bitches.

http://www.bowerbank.org/madness/fight3.swf
Old 08-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #2202
Soul_Immortal

Rofl

Yes!!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #2203
AlKilyu

I hope the hurricane passes quickly and our own Tekajo makes it through alright. Please either post here or Nicktion, or email (or IM) someone and let us know you have weathered the situation man.

Last edited by AlKilyu; 08-30-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:41 AM   #2204
Soul_Immortal

Yeah....=(
Old 08-29-2005, 04:54 AM   #2205
tekajo

Damn...sorry Al, i forgot to post somewhere that i'm well away from Katrina's path, i dont think we're even going to get any rain.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:27 AM   #2206
BoleroBelle

Monday morning, how i dread thee. It's nice having Sunday's off but damn it, one day off is just not enough to succesfully recover from a bad drinking night.

need to brush my hair.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:51 PM   #2207
Empty_Purple_Stars

Hurricane Katrina

So you guys know, Tstone was/is in Pensacola right now, and was there when Katrina hit. I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear from him.

All of my relatives on my moms side are in Louisiana. Many live in Metairie and Orleans parish. We are still very concerned about my Great Aunt and Uncle, because no one has been able to reach them to verify they made it to higher ground. The last big hurricane they had was Hurricane Camille in the late sixties, and they decided not to evacuate to protect their business from the looters. We are worried that they decided to wait this one out as well.

Scary..

The footage I am seeing on the news is just devastating. Parts of New Orleans ( My FAVORITE city in the US ) are under more than 10 feet of water. If Lake Ponchatrain ( 25 miles by 35 miles wide ) comes over the levees, things are going to get much, much worse before they get any better. Not to mention the thousands and thousands of above ground graves that are more than a 100 years old aren't very stable, and they are already talking about the possibility of having rotted corpses joining the rattlesnakes and water moccasins in the flood waters..

Sigh.. What a mess.

Anyone have Ravena or Davena's email addy, they were on the coast of Florida as well last I heard.

Cross your fingers folks, and I will let everyone know as soon as I hear from Tstone.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #2208
Soul_Immortal

=(

I've been watching the news most of the past few days. I have family in Louisiana also...I hope everyone is alright.=(
Old 08-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #2209
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Damn...sorry Al, i forgot to post somewhere that i'm well away from Katrina's path, i dont think we're even going to get any rain.
Bastid you had me nervous! Bad enough sevenpointsofinaity was in Floriduh.

HEY!?! YOU GOT THE GRANNY MIX DONE! IT RAWKS!!

Everyone listen to the second (also the first) link in Tek's sig! This genius took a couple of threatening phone calls that were made to my voicemail and turned them into block rockin' beats!!! ^_^

And yes, she is reading off of my email, into the phone, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID.

And yes they are.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:13 PM   #2210
winged_dreams

Tis quite horrible what happened. Nature is downright scary! Everyone down there has my sympathy (even though I didn't show it much in front of my grandmother XD)

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 08-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #2211
ghostposts

Good to hear from you, Tstone.

It sucks. That's about all I can say. Waiting to hear the reports till later this week.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #2212
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I think about the last time I was in the French Quarter…the first time…listening to the couple sing, ‘Salty Dog’, almost losing a fin to the confidence man who knew where I bought my last pair of shoes, buying a balloon in a balloon from a street magician and finding it made a swanky catapult in a pinch, going into art galleries…and now when I look at the news it’s like something great and unimaginable—something that transcends words—something that is as much a part of me as my guts, my heart, my grey membrane—and seeing that part suffer, wither…and die.

We endure, and in the face of omnipotence? That is all we can do.

Endure.

So fucking sad.
Yes, it is more than a bit like losing something as dear as your own Heart..

Sob..

I'm sitting here watching the news, and there are still hundreds of people trapped on their ever-shrinking roofs in NOLA..

The 3 block section of the Lake Ponchatrain levee that failed yesterday, is filling up NOLA like a bowl. If you remember, Lake Ponchatrain is about 25 miles by 35 miles wide. It borders the east side of NOLA and the Mississippi borders NOLA on the other side.

There is actually MORE water in NOLA now, then there was after Katrina hit, because Lake Ponchatrain is now flooding the city, unchecked..

Now they are shutting down the ENTIRE CITY, and evacuating everyone they can find. The ten thousand plus refugees in the Superdome are to be moved by tommorrow. I fear for those still stranded, and those who will be unwilling to leave their NOLA, because they have no where else to go..

Teka, in response to your question. I was told by my cousin in Slidell that the state and federal authorities are asking for everyone with a boat and an able body to assist with evacuating the hundreds still stranded in NOLA and the surrounding parishes.

Bceause there are so many still left to be rescued, the rescuers have been instructed to push aside any bodies they find along the way.

Many of my MOST cherished memories are there in NOLA..Under 20 feet of water.

My family still not been able to reach our missing family members in Orleans Parish, and we are all just sick with worry...

If you pray, pray to whoever, or whatever you pray to..

If I didn't have the kids, I would be on my way there to help. But I have a responsibilty to them, and Manimal isn't real keen on the idea..

It's just too painful to sit by and watch and do nothing..

It's just beyond my comprehension that an entire huge metropolitan area has been destroyed and will be unaccessible for months to come..

NOLA has now become one giant floating graveyard..

Laissez Bon Ton Roulez..

: ( : (
Old 08-31-2005, 02:09 PM   #2213
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars

My family still not been able to reach our missing family members in Orleans Parish, and we are all just sick with worry...

Shit I forgot about that til just now. I'm sorry. I'll be sure to add them to my prayers tonite...along with many others.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 PM   #2214
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Teka, in response to your question. I was told by my cousin in Slidell that the state and federal authorities are asking for everyone with a boat and an able body to assist with evacuating the hundreds still stranded in NOLA and the surrounding parishes.
Good.

Friday my school will be feeding over 300 people from that area, possibly more. There's even rumours floating around school that there might be a "field trip" to help out down there. i'd like that since we have several sister campus' down there.

EPS, i'll keep your relatives in my prayers. i have yet to hear from a cousin in Biloxi.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:42 PM   #2215
Empty_Purple_Stars

Thanks guys..Much appreciated..

We're remaining as hopeful as possible.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:25 PM   #2216
Soul_Immortal

Sending many hugs and prayers your way, EPS.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:47 PM   #2217
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
Thanks sweets..Didn't you say you had family in the area too?

Still sitting here watching Fox, and the reporter stepped out in front of one of the police cars that was flying past all of those poor stranded people on the briidge, and forced them to stop. The fox reporter had found another mother who had a five day old baby, who was also in heat stroke..

The Fox reporter stuck a camera in the cops face and basically told them if they didnt take the mother and newborn with them, that they would make sure everyone knew they murdered that poor baby. Suddendly they had a change of heart, imagine that..They put her entire family in the cop car and drove off with them, supposedly to get medical attention for the critical newborn.

Go Fox..

I don't see CNN out there on the bridge with all of this frightened people, trying to make a difference. Risking their lives to help, instead of just sensationlizing it all. That pretty much friggin rules, and yeah ok it made me cry too.

The city is now flooded with sewage and gasoline and dead bodies and snakes and floating piles of fire ants..

Not to mention the now fully armed bands of looters roaming the 15% of the city NOT under 15 feet of water..

I don't see how NOLA can ever come back from this, the entire city is now a total biohazard, under 15 feet of water and rising by the hour..

Are we going to see one of the oldest cities in the nation destroyed forever?

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 08-31-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #2218
Soul_Immortal

This is very sad...=\

Parts of Italy are under the same threat. Most of the southern area is below sea level.

Thank you for asking hun. They ventured out pretty well. They are 3 hours west of New Orleans, and didn't need to evac, thank goodness.

I plan on putting some smoke into my sewing machine here soon. I want to make some blankets and stuff for people who lost their belongings. It isn't alot, but I can only imagine how it would feel to get something that feels almost like home after losing so much. I am on my way back to Louisiana this weekend. If anyone needs anything hit me up:

Senyra@**********
Old 08-31-2005, 03:56 PM   #2219
tekajo

Dont forget the sharks.

and im assuming the Fox reporter was Shep Smith, guess i should go back and watch some more news....
Old 08-31-2005, 08:02 PM   #2220
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
Thanks sweets..Didn't you say you had family in the area too?

Still sitting here watching Fox, and the reporter stepped out in front of one of the police cars that was flying past all of those poor stranded people on the briidge, and forced them to stop. The fox reporter had found another mother who had a five day old baby, who was also in heat stroke..

The Fox reporter stuck a camera and the cops face and basically told them if they didnt take the mother and newborn with them, that they would make sure everyone knew they murdered that poor baby. Suddendly they had a change of heart, imagine that..They put her entire family in the cop car and drove off with them, supposedly to get medical attention for the critical newborn.

Go Fox..

I don't see CNN out there on the bridge with all of this frightened people, trying to make a difference. Risking their lives to help, instead of just sensationlizing it all. That pretty much friggin rules, and yeah ok it made me cry too.

The city is now flooded with sewage and gasoline and dead bodies and snakes and floating piles of fire ants..

Not to mention the now fully armed bands of looters roaming the 15% of the city NOT under 15 feet of water..

I don't see how NOLA can ever come back from this, the entire city is now a total biohazard, under 15 feet of water and rising by the hour..

Are we going to see one of the oldest cities in the nation destroyed forever?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 PM   #2221
Bodnoirbabe

I'm very excited about moving. I've been looking forward to this for years and i feel so wonderful in the fact that i now have a great job that pays me well. I can finally afford a place for myself. It's going to be hectic the first few months, but i'm even actually looking forward to that. Well, not the chaos, but the eventual smoothing out of it. Like, when a room is really dirty and you work hard to clean it. The sense of accomplishment and pride when you look at that room, that's what i'm looking forward to feeling in a few months, but on a larger scale.

Work is going good. I'm glad that i was hired when i was. i've been able to get comfertable with the different policies and procedures months before our hectic winter season comes about. I'm not going to look forward to the manditory overtime, but i will love the paychecks.

That's another thing. i'm really looking forward to Christmas. this is going to be the first Christmas since i've ever started working that i'll be able to get nice things for everyone. It's going to feel nice for a change.

Things are looking so much better tomorrow then they ever did yesterday.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:20 AM   #2222
Soul_Immortal

>_< Oh man I had horrid dreams last night about the weather.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 AM   #2223
Bodnoirbabe

I fall asleep and wake up two seconds later. It doesn't feel like i've slept at all. Isn't this how the narrator felt in Fight Club when Tyler Durden was taking over?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #2224
AlKilyu

Did you just make a reference to you possibly having a multiple personality disorder?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #2225
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Did you just make a reference to you possibly having a multiple personality disorder?

I felt like that question deserved a visual aid..

Closed Thread