Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
AshleyO

Scott Olsen

Yo, homeslice at Occupy Oakland got his skull cracked by riot police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true

Anyway. I have his address at the hospital that's taking caring of him, so if anyone wants to send him some care packages or a get well card to show that what happened to him isn't a waste, to let him know that we ARE thinking about this stuff, just PM me. I'll give you the address.

Desp and I are getting him a Nintendo 3DS and a game and sending it to him.

I can't think of anything that someone with a fractured skull could actually use or appreciate. But I wanted to do something more than just a get well card.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Wait you actually know this guy? holy crap, he's become rather famous. He's from Wisconsin? I don't suppose you know where in Wisconsin he's from?

I hope he manages to recover, lord knows martyrs are the last thing that should result from this.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
AshleyO

No. I don't know him.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Renatus

Ah well local news reports here say he's from La Cross . Rather ironic that once again a Wisconsinite sheds blood in a peaceful protest.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
The salt in the wound was when he was knocked down unconscious by the police projectile, and was surrounded by fellow protestors who were trying to protect him, the cops sent a tear gas bomb into the huddle. Fortunately they were able to carry him away from the gas.

Damn lackeys. We need some pro bono lawyers here, stat.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
The salt in the wound was when he was knocked down unconscious by the police projectile, and was surrounded by fellow protestors who were trying to protect him, the cops sent a tear gas bomb into the huddle. Fortunately they were able to carry him away from the gas.

Damn lackeys. We need some pro bono lawyers here, stat.
Yep heard about that, I actually saw the video early on after it was posted, so it's been interesting watching the responses to it quickly growing and spreading around the world.

I actually saw some lawyers in a video in the New York protest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYqIlSmBv8

He reminds me of a young Ben Stein, not to mention Ben Stein himself is a lawyer.