Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
dark_design

Intro: Kat Sanders

Hi. I'm Kat. I'm just going to answer the questions as my intro. I thinks question 13 will explain exactly why I am here!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I'm an Assistant Manager at a college bookstore.

2. Where are you from? Richmond, VA

3. Who is your favorite author? Laurell K. Hamilton

4. What are your favorite films? Rocky Horror Picture Show

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Never getting married!!!!!

6. At your funeral? What funeral? I want a wake! And whatever goes best with all the alcohol that is being served!

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Quickly!

8. What kind of casket would you want? I want to be cremated! I want to feel the burn!

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Black Leather Pants (Fake, I'm Poor), Sleeveless Black Velvet Top, Lots of Silver Jewelry, Black Boots, Black Cape.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? I don't!

11. What's your favorite band? No favorite - I have eclectic tastes.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Social Science

13. Why did you join? Two Reason - I love the gothic fashion style though at 32 and in a retail business, it is more "Corporate" Goth than anything, but the real reason I'm checking out this board is that my 14 year old daughter just decided to tell me she wants to go goth. She lives with my ultra religious (jerry falwell) parents who will totally flip out when they find out. We need to find a way to let her become herself without my parents forbidding her to ever leave the house again.

I'm going to search the posts first and then if I have any questions, I'll post a thread in the fashion section since that seems to be what she wants to work on right now. Also, to complicate matters a little more, she wants to go to college in Japan. I just know when she finds out about the whole Japanese Goth culture, she going to want to dive into that full throttle. That's if she doesn't already know!

If you all have any suggestions or advice, I would love to hear it.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female

Thanks!

Blessed Be,
Kat
dark_design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Welcome and nice intro! It's sweet that you want to help your daughter.

Just one thing, is that your real name at the top of the thread? Because if it is you should edit it out. It's not really safe. Either that, or one of the moderators will do it later.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Sanctus Dei

Hi... and welcome.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #4
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Good luck for you and your daughter, and welcome ^^

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
dark_design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
Welcome and nice intro! It's sweet that you want to help your daughter.

Just one thing, is that your real name at the top of the thread? Because if it is you should edit it out. It's not really safe. Either that, or one of the moderators will do it later.
It is my nickname. I have never used my real name on the internet. Most of the time, I don't use my real name in everyday life.
dark_design is offline   Reply With Quote