Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Stormtrooper of Death

No Policy

Day 125. No contact again. Where are they? Why won't they rush us? Voices blurred through my head again. They're out there, planning. Waiting. Waiting me for me to crack. They won't get me. I won't end up like the rest of them. No sir. Not on my watch. Better clean my rifle again.

Day 126. Quiet again. Got hit by a squad earlier, but the autocannon makes a good friend. I'm almost out of AK-74 ammo. 3 vlips left, 1200 rounds for the autocannon and almost no food. Jenks still has some rations, I'll eat those. Radio is dead, no policy info. None. I'm still fine, they won't make me crack. I heard artillery about 2 hours ago. Dark now, better fire a flare, they might be creeping up on me. More later.

Day 127. Radio spoke today. No support for me. I have to hold this posistion at all costs. 1 trooper to hold this hill. Still no policy. No policy. No policy. Got hit by another squad today. Attacks getting more increased. Sector command has been smashed. Whatever is left is regrouping 6 clicks south at the gass station. I'm ordered to hold here until day 130. We'll see, I gotta stay up. More later.

Day 128. I ate the last of Jenks' food last night. I'm all out. He is looking tasty to me now. Haven't slept in 3 days. Running on nothing now. I have to hold the line. Still no policy. No policy. Down to 700 rounds left for the autocannon. 2 clips for the AK-74. 1 mag for my SOCOM. Hit by 2 squads today. Had to use the LAW on an APC. Attacks getting more frequent. More later.

Day 129. Got 2 hours of sleep. Nightmares throughout. I hear something.

Day 130. Got hit in the stomach, 10mm automag round. Fuck. I'm losing it. no medical supplies left. Hope command apreciates this. I'm bleeding out now. I'm using the SOCOM. Still no policy. No policy.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

This is one of my short war stories. I wrote it a while ago. It's a great example of how I write, I'm not a fan of dialog, so I prefer a lone character, suffering from something. What do you think?
Old 03-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
JCC

I liked it. But when you say a 'short' war story, I think you mean a 'REALLY short' war story.

It's an interesting piece of writing, but it would work better compounded into another piece of writing that takes on a more generic format, purely because otherwise it cannot function as a story.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm thinking of doing just that. We'll see, I still have to plan everything out.