Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
tyr

A Zombie's Poem

A Zombie's Poem

Flossing the flesh from my teeth
I've bitten again
Each is more refreshing than the next
My eyes are crying blood

She lay in there
A week old prey
First it was only a nibble
now it's roast beef

Tyr
http://www.AdasLegend.com
tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
ape descendant

That's pretty fancy... coming from a zombie.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
tyr

I understand zombies being completely out of their mind when fresh flesh is around, but is there ever a kinder gentler side to a zombie? For instance, this zombie seems still very concerned about dental hygiene. Possibly others, once they have temporarily quieted their hunger are more contemplative. You never see zombies attacking other zombies. Possibly as they all lurch their way towards their next set of victims if another zombie bumped another zombie they would actually say "Oh I'm sorry I didn't see you there." and the other zombie would reply back "It's ok. We're all in this together." Then they would smile and continue on.

Stop Human on Human violent crimes I guess is what I'm trying to say. Be more like a zombie.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I for one am indignant about the way Zombie-Americans are treated, for example, who ever heard of the Zombie vote? Zombie politics? No one of course, they are denied the right to vote and are oppressed as soon as they demonstrate any political power at all, a shame upon America. Many say they live in filth and can't even speak English, but if you were denied as many opportunities as they, you would dress just as poorly, lack the same hygiene and would be more prone to violent crime and cannibalism too.
You may think me too progressive when I say this, but mark my words: some day we will have a zombie as President!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
tyr

Right on Man!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
theact

This is well done. I like the last line especially, It makes me imagine the zombie has a sort of black comic 'gung ho!' spirit towards eating people.

Just wondering is the line 'each is more refreshing than the next' supposed to be each is more refreshing than the last? And if not, what does it mean? That eating is becoming less appealing of less invigorating?
theact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
tyr

The Zombie is conflicted. There is some semblance of humanity within the beast still, but the lust for flesh again and again overpowers it; so he bites with tears of blood in his eyes.

However.... I need to fix that line.

Thank you for the comment on it.

Tyr
http://www.adaslegend.com