Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
Daemonne

Daemonne xD

So, hello... my name is Kris (...tina actually, but I prefer the short form). I'm a Russian girl living in Austria - Europe
I'm 16 and go to .. well... we don't have "high schools" here, but it's very similar. A really beautiful school - looks like Hogwards xD

I've joined the community because I want to get in touch with more goths again and also improve my English by talking about interesting things.
(If you see mistakes, pls tell me.)
Not like in school where you're just talking about the topics in the book.

I wouldn't say that I'm a 100%-goth. When I was 14 I started to listen to Metal and I had a kind of metamorphose - I would say I was depressive and the music and also the new "black" lifestyle helped me a lot - also the people I got to know. Time passed and I discovered more and more music - Black Metal, Gothic, Classic, Industrial and so on. So now I'm a mix, but more of a goth than anything else.

I love reading - nearly all sorts of books. I love John Irving. He writes gorgeous! I also like Fantasy, History Books and so on... The great exception are Crime books - I really don't like them.

About music. I haven't though about the music I'd like to have at my wedding...
My preferred death would be freezing to death - alone somewhere in the woods.. to "I Got My Dead Man Sleep" by Nargaroth...

Well.. that's it I think^^
If you have questions, just ask - maybe I forgot about some questions - at the moment I have no idea xD

Greets
Daemonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Lord Whiskerton

It is a pleasure to meet you madam. *bows*
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:47 AM   #3
Daemonne

Thanks a lot!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
You sound interesting, so for your sake I will point out some of the errors in your post for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonne View Post

I've joined the community because I want to get in touch with more goths (again- not necessery to put that in there). and also improve my English by talking about interesting things.
(If you see mistakes, pls tell me.)
Not like in school where you're just talking about (the topics in the book- for this part I would choose a different way to word it like maybe- topics from textbooks).

I wouldn't say that I'm a 100%-goth. When I was 14 I started to listen to Metal and I had a kind of (a) metamorphose - I would say I was (depressive- you used an adjective form where as the past tense form-depressed- would work better) (and- if you're listing somthing off use commas instead of -and- all the time, save -and- for the last listed off thing because it gets irritating to hear -and- all the time) the music and also the new "black" lifestyle helped me a lot.(sentence was getting too long I would cut the people part into it's own sentence ) also the people I got to know. Time passed and I discovered more and more music - Black Metal, Gothic, Classic, Industrial and so on. So now I'm a mix, but more of a goth than anything else.

I love reading - nearly all sorts of books. I love John Irving. (He writes gorgeous- gorgeous is an adjective used to describe the appearance of somthing a better word would be somthing like amazing like for example-His writting is amazing)! I also like Fantasy, History Books and so on... The great exception are Crime books - I really don't like them.

(Greets- is a verb form which you would use in a sentence like-he greets the guests- and is unnecessery at the end of an introduction, everything at the end before this sums it up quite nicely so somthing after is not necessery)
Those things were all quite minor and in general it's not hard to understand what you were saying, but the sentences didn't flow very well so I made those corrections. I have little doubt that if you were in a english speaking country and spoke like that people would easily be able to understand you. Welcome

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:24 AM   #5
Daemonne

Ah, thank you, it really helps me. I'll try to avoid such mistakes in my posts =)