Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Geoluhread

O.o

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=151437026180

My jaw dropped.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Methadrine

...and for us smart ones that completely refuse Facebook and thereby have no access, what's shown?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Beneath the Shadows

Um... what am I supposed to be seeing?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
...and for us smart ones that completely refuse Facebook and thereby have no access, what's shown?
What's smart about not networking with friends?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Necrophagist

There isn't really anything wrong with facebook. If you're that interested in the video, then join facebook. If you don't want to then then too bad. Don't ask other people what it's about.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Methadrine

Security issues. The idea is great but the implementation of it... not so great. A fellow black hat showed me a couple of weeks ago that they've still haven't fixed a lot of things that pretty much are unacceptable when dealing with so much personal information. But I'm dragging this off-topic, so I stop at that.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Geoluhread

http://video.ak.facebook.com/video-a...6180_20283.mp4

Try this one now.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
Security issues. The idea is great but the implementation of it... not so great. A fellow black hat showed me a couple of weeks ago that they've still haven't fixed a lot of things that pretty much are unacceptable when dealing with so much personal information. But I'm dragging this off-topic, so I stop at that.
Another drawback is that unlike MySpace, the Facebook legal agreement required to obtain a login account forces the member to assign all rights of photos, poetry, stories, in short, anything posted to Facebook. For free.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
Corpsey

Last time I checked, Myspace did the same thing.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
Pineapple_Juice

Off topic, but Corpsey, you embellished your signature.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
CptSternn

Where as I agree social networking sites can be a great source for unscrupulous people to obtain personal information, the reality is there are dozens of companies who can provide the same information and more for less than $10 per name or social security number.

On top of that the phone company and all credit companies keep extremely detailed records on everyone. Records so detailed it makes the stuff on social network sites look amateur in comparison.

...and they sell that info to other companies and persons all the time without anyones permission, because they legally can.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
vindicatedxjin

Ya'll don't have child protective services???....

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Where as I agree social networking sites can be a great source for unscrupulous people to obtain personal information, the reality is there are dozens of companies who can provide the same information and more for less than $10 per name or social security number.

On top of that the phone company and all credit companies keep extremely detailed records on everyone. Records so detailed it makes the stuff on social network sites look amateur in comparison.

...and they sell that info to other companies and persons all the time without anyones permission, because they legally can.
Yup, people writing down customer's credit card numbers, drivers license numbers, social security, you name it, was a big risk in the companies I worked for at call centers. Only one place I worked at had a strict paperless policy, although I heard that one of the others has one now. I heard Rogers got in a shit load of trouble because a stack of papers with their customer's info was found in an alleyway or something.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #14
skoteinh

The difference is that in FB, you're volunteering all this information and lots more!
I keep reading stories about how people get fired or imprisoned because of stuff they wrote on FB...

Back to the topic: WTF!? Are you sure this is a real baby? If it is, the guy [and the person who filmed this] shouldn't be allowed to be around children!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #15
Liathano

Oh god.. I have to log in on a decent puter to see this now, just so I can be outraged and sickened by what I assume is there....
Liathano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #16
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
WTF??!!

Wow! Isn't that abuse? O.o

That just doesn't look right... and poor kid must have been so dizzy afterwards. -.-
Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I'm curious about if this could cause shaken baby syndrome. Its a bit hard to tell since acceleration rate isnt very high so it might not be enough to cause brain damage, as opposed to where you're shaking you're rapidly changing direction and speed.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #18
LakitaJackson

umm whats so wrong with that

kieshas uncle jamal used to play with her like that all the time and she turned out okay

well except that shes one of them gothic people but whateva
LakitaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote