Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Ancients3xritual

Hey

Hey everyone i plan to streak my hair soon but am unsure as to what color i should do it..i have just a regular brownish colored hair now and i was thinking perhaps blonde,don't want it to look shitty though,i was also thinking red but my friend had it and it faded into almost a yellow color so i thought blonde might do the trick seeing as how im not dying the rest of my hair any particular color.Any pics would be awesome,Thanks.
Ancients3xritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Vyvian Blackthorne

Not sure why, but I think streaks of blue would be a good idea, espically on a hair colour like black (or in this case, brownish). I couldn't find any good pictures, though.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Ancients3xritual

Cool alright thanks and blue doesnt fade as fast as red does ive found.
Ancients3xritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Valerius

Hi, I thought that this site might help you. It has anything and everything about dying hair and hair styles. I'm planning on dying my hair with streaks of blue soon.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancients3xritual
Hey everyone i plan to streak my hair soon but am unsure as to what color i should do it..i have just a regular brownish colored hair now and i was thinking perhaps blonde,don't want it to look shitty though,i was also thinking red but my friend had it and it faded into almost a yellow color so i thought blonde might do the trick seeing as how im not dying the rest of my hair any particular color.Any pics would be awesome,Thanks.

Blonde highlights would look good, foiled (not pulled out of a cap), with your brown hair. It won't look crappy if you go to a stylist. In my days of being a full-service hair stylist, we did everything, from white, asian and black hair services. Also, back in the 80's, the only choice would have been "basic white" mixed with peroxide (10 % for color deposit, 20% for hair that isn't hard to pull up from a darker color to blonde, 30% for darker hair that sticks in that "orange/brassy" phase and there is 40%, which is for very dark and resistant hair, but it will turn your hair to "mush" if you're not careful about rinsing it out on time.

Nowadays, they have other highlighting products... and they're a lot more safe and stop after a certain amount of time, with no worries about your hair becoming damaged. Unlike the pure bleach, these lighteners have "toners" in them to cut out brassiness.

Purple and blue look beautiful in blond hair (also plum colors), but you have to choose a warm or cool color... to go along with your "look". If you always wear "cool" color clothes or makeup, a warm color in your hair will clash.

There are a lot of people here with advanced knowledge on colouring hair, so I would read all comments! :}

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote