Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
LadyTsepish

Good Morrow

Hello, here's a bit about me:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm working at the Holiday Inn from time to time this summer. My hobbies are reading, writing, learning new art forms, making movies, studying Romanticism, and dreaming.

2. Where are you from?
I'm from Ohio, USA

3. Who is your favorite author?
I don't really have a favorite author, per se, but I have lots of favorite books. I love 18th and 19th century literature, particularly Dracula by Bram Stoker, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, The Italian by Ann Radcliffe, Treasure Island, Peter Pan, books written by Charles Dickens, and most of the books by Jane Austen. I guess Jane Austen would be my favorite author, because I've actually read and liked more than one book by her. I also enjoy Harry Potter, books by Tolkein, Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, Phantom by Susan Kay, and Anne Rice.

4. What are your favorite films?
I like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Godfather, Pirates of the Caribbean, anything by Tim Burton and anything with Johnny Depp, His Girl Friday, Audrey Hepburn movies, Disney Movies, Harry Potter, Dirty Dancing: Havanna Nights, Memoirs of a Geisha, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2, El Mariachi, Desperado, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Gone with the Wind, Titanic, Bonnie and CLyde, Way of the Gun, and Run, Lola, Run. However, I think that my all time favorite movie would have to be Cruel Intentions.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Killing Loneliness by HIM

6. At your funeral?
Helena by My Chemical Romance, I figure maybe if they play that I will get out of my casket and dance.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Somehow I would like to die peacefully in my sleep at a relatively young age, before the aches and pains of old age come. I have an intense phobia of getting old.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I would like a black casket lined with deep red velvet.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My favorite outfit is a long, black, velvet skirt, with a black corset, and a white blouse with billowy sleeves, and a beaded black choker.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I miss having all the time in the world to read, and write, and dream, and to put those dreams into action. These days it seems like all I do is worry, worry, worry.

11. What's your favorite band?
I love HIM and AFI.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm currently a college student, and I haven't declared a major yet, but I'm pretty sure my major will be film with a minor in history.

13. Why did you join?
I wanted to join this community because I have always felt deep dpwn that I was kinda gothic, even though I don't wear black all the time, or even listen to that much of the music. Then I read about what gothic really was, a state of mind, and figured that I would feel comfortable talking to other goths. Being from Ohio, I don't know that many goths, so I joined this site in order to meet others like me.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female
LadyTsepish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

I love your literary tastes, though I abhor the music, but it all compensates with the fact that I'm also afraid of being old, so I feel connected to you.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
Magpie_Tendencies

Welcome.

I love all your favourite films. I love Pirates of the Carribean (or maybe I just love Johnny Depp) and I love Cruel Intentions.

I hope you stick around.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Welcome!

I' afraid I agree with Jillian, great tastes in litterature but I will pretend not to have read about you favorite bands

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
LadyTsepish

Yes, Johnny Depp is amazing.

So far, so good. I have to say, I was a little afraid to post here because the introduction board seems to be a little hostile, so thank you for not tearing apart my introduction.

Although, I would like to ask why are you all HIM and AFI haters? I think I might know why, but it's always good to ask.

I'd also like to add that I'm thrilled to have found this forum. I'm especially looking forward to advice as to how to create your own style. So, I plan to head over to the fashion forum soon and look for DIY's. I want my clothes to be an expression of who I am, and DIY sounds like the way to go.
Also, I'm always looking for a good book to read, and people to share my writing with.
LadyTsepish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

The only real problem with those bands is when someone thinks he's gothic because he listens to them.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #7
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Welcome, I think the original of Helena by the Misfits is better personally.
I too dislike AFI and HIM. AFI sounds terrible and HIM is plain old depressing.
Otherwise enjoy your stay.