Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

Short writing exercises.

Have you ever just started writing, allowing the pen just to flow or the keyboard just to click?
I constantly do, and my English teacher always encourages this in class.
I wanted to see what can you come up with when you just place your hand on paper and begin writing without stopping to think.
Of course, don't write an entire thesis; just a short essay.
You won't believe what someone can come up with when he doesn't focus and allows his mind to go whichever direction it chooses to.
For example, this is an essay I did a couple of days ago. I had to write in fifteen minutes as much as I could on the world 'trigger'.

A trigger is a brouncing frellow from the narrative book world of Winnie the Prooh.
He's a charismatic frellow that brounces all day long, because, in his own words, 'that's what triggers do best.'
Of course, that is entirely delusional, just like his egocentric slogan of 'the best thing about triggers is that there is only one.'
Not only are triggers not good for brouncing, but there are in fact numerous specimens in reality.
This particular specimen believes that brouncing is what triggers do best because of his subconscious isolation regarding the rest of its species.
The curse of humanity is existential angst. The curse of triggers is a fancy for solipsism.
Leaving the self-harming tendencies of their minds, triggers in practicality are extremely useful.
They inhabit any place that Is, whether material or not, and are keepers of precious thins in universes of Free Will (such as a combination lock in our world), and - even more notoriously - they are deux ex machinas, crucial in linear universes of fate (such as secret switches in the worlds of Final Fantasy)
In this perspective, triggers are a rarity among creatures, having both the capacity of self-acknowledgment, and a clearly set purpose in being. Their pragmatic purpose, of course, is irrelevant to themselves while trapped in their mind hermitage, but the purpose is still crystal clear to virtually all sentient beings that come to knowledge of a trigger in particular.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote