Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
The Divine Ms. M

It figures...

Just when I decide to dress goth it appears to be gaining in popularity yet again. I saw a blurb in Entertainment Weekly about Dakota Fanning donning goth (I guess for New Moon) & to go to their website to see other celebs dressing goth & I just saw Ashlee Simpson on Jimmy Fallon dressed goth. Grrr I hate when this happens! It makes me feel like I'm following some stupid trend.
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
Sendo

Goth has been influencing the fashion industry as the new "trend" in one way or another for almost as long as it's been around. Take advantage of all the dark clothes that will be cropping up for sale as a result to add to your oh-so-goth wardrobe and feel confident when you wear them. If people think you are conforming to the trend, ignore them.
Sendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Whether or not Dakota Fanning is dressing goth you ARE following a stupid trend.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Divine Ms. M View Post
Just when I decide to dress goth it appears to be gaining in popularity yet again. I saw a blurb in Entertainment Weekly about Dakota Fanning donning goth (I guess for New Moon) & to go to their website to see other celebs dressing goth & I just saw Ashlee Simpson on Jimmy Fallon dressed goth. Grrr I hate when this happens! It makes me feel like I'm following some stupid trend.
*sigh* Aren't you, like, in your early/mid 30s?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
creature6

Quote:

what a stupid tread.
what's your point.
how dare you insult in some ways Goth.

you should be shoot in the back of the head.
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
JCC

Quote:
And now that you're angry that goth is becoming popular, it's clear that you are following a stupid trend: the stupid trend of pretending that you're entirely separate to all stupid trends. We all copy somebody at some point, taking influence from other people is the fundamental basis of all of our mindsets, so stop whinging.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post
*sigh* Aren't you, like, in your early/mid 30s?
No, I'm not.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
And now that you're angry that goth is becoming popular, it's clear that you are following a stupid trend: the stupid trend of pretending that you're entirely separate to all stupid trends. We all copy somebody at some point, taking influence from other people is the fundamental basis of all of our mindsets, so stop whinging.
Ok, I get it, but isn't this also called the "whining" section?...
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendo View Post
Goth has been influencing the fashion industry as the new "trend" in one way or another for almost as long as it's been around. Take advantage of all the dark clothes that will be cropping up for sale as a result to add to your oh-so-goth wardrobe and feel confident when you wear them. If people think you are conforming to the trend, ignore them.
Yeah, I know. I deffinetly will, so I guess this whole "popularity" thing can be a good thing to a certain extent & I do I guess I just think it's a bit coincidental. I always did have bad timing lol. Seems most of the time I start dressing a certain way it coinsides with that same look gaining popularity. Ah well, ce la vie.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
creature6

Quote:
. Ah well, ce la vie.
at least if you want to impress someone with your French,
be a good girl next time check your spelling .

c'est la vie that's how you write it.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
The Divine Ms. M

Ooops. Ah well, next time-it's too late to edit it now.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
Alan

I like creature's responses to people. Keep up the good word. You're a good ranter.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
creature6

thank you kindly sir.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #14
JCC

Quote:
Ok, I get it, but isn't this also called the "whining" section?...
Yes, but if you're whining about something that is really stupid, people are going to tell you that.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote