Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Wrath

Work....

I'm just moaning over the fact im going to have to work 7 days a week with out a single day off till Aprill.
I'm tierd just thinking about it.
After 6 months of doing this previously and finaly getting 2 months where I got 1 out of 7 days off....I already miss it
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
KontanKarite

What. The. Fuck. What kind of ass backwards, fucked up schedule is that?

Why not just 6 months on and 6 months off?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Jonathan

That may or may not be terrible, depending on a few factors... are we talking 8 hour days, all week, in a salaried position that doesn't qualify you for overtime after you hit the 40 hours?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
KontanKarite

If it was more than , I wouldn't do it. 8 hours is pretty much cake depending. You get at least 6 hours of you time at the end of the day and 10 for sleep and shower. :-/

Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Wrath

To answer most no its not 8 hours its more like 13-14 hour days thats why im...moaning I have 2 jobs so its from one to the other .
My work day starts at 5am...thats the killer ,to sleep in till 7 is like a vacation lol.
I am not mentally prepared for this...normally I get 1 day off a week....no more
My highest frustration is time with my friends is nill.They offer to pay for everything to boot just so I will go out with them but mostly im to tierd to.
I never thought i'd miss going out and doing stuff-i was mostly a hermit besides work befor this but now those days seem like i was a social butterfly or something.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
KontanKarite

...You wont last. I'm sorry. You have no other option? Is this your passion? Are you happy?

Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath
To answer most no its not 8 hours its more like 13-14 hour days
Holy crap ...
Well , I'm sure (well 75% sure) you got a powerful reason to do this , and this reason is (hmmm ... 60% sure) pay debts , feed your family/yourself , mortgage , and honestly I've been there before and I would do it again , so I can understand where you are ...
Everyone can do this ... Everyone can do everything as long as they try it hard and fine enough , using the head .
Anyways , question number one and number two were already formulated by Kontan .
I'll do the third : "When you'll have free time to invest in looking for a BETTER job?" (You know , those 8h/day , 5days/week) . Or even for "Self education , so you can get a MUCH BETTER job?"
As I've said , I've done it before and have no problems with it ... but , hey ... Why should I punish myself , do I deserve this for the rest of my life?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #8
KontanKarite

I've been there as well, but not to that degree. Sure, 14 hour days, but not 7 days straight.

I suppose I can do it, but I wont do it. My family, friends, and private life are just... WAY too important to me. I'd rather work 40 hours and not be able to have super duper nice things, than to do nothing but make money and not be able to spend it every now and then.

...You're only young once.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
Wrath

lol I have been doing it for 8 months already except for 2 months where i got 1 day off a week. I should have made that more clearer.
I just dont look forward to it.
And yes I have to do it ...unless someone knows a rich guy about to die....
And actually I am sorda happy .I have a goal i'm saving up to go back to school so I can hopefully take time away from working to concentrate on that .Thats what makes it worth it to me.
I just dont relish doing it.

And to clarify no this money is not for nice things except for bills it all goes in to savings for school and a new house.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
KontanKarite

...Dude. I don't mean to pry, but there's more sane ways to go about school and a house. Maybe I don't want to know how much debt you're in. To be frank, I hate it that you feel you have to go this route to get where you want.

...But you are a tough cookie. I'll give you that.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Wrath

I'm debt free actually,i'm just poorly paid I make a little bit more than minimum wage at the one job and the second pay's fairly decently.
I just live in a high priced place to live where jobs pay...well shit
My first job and working at 40 hours a week I get $280. now factor in rent ,car payment,car insurance and we are only talking major bills not cell phones and crap...its alot even living with someone does not make it better.
So for now its a necessity..

And for something totally random I think (hope) I left my mp3 player in my car and i'm to lazy to go see if I did.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
Duane

I work 48 hours a week at MCM, the store I own with mich vater. I get control of the music, pretty laid back. Always plenty of time for reading, other than the times where it's slow as fuck, it's cool.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath
I'm debt free actually,i'm just poorly paid I make a little bit more than minimum wage at the one job and the second pay's fairly decently.
I just live in a high priced place to live where jobs pay...well shit
My first job and working at 40 hours a week I get $280. now factor in rent ,car payment,car insurance and we are only talking major bills not cell phones and crap...its alot even living with someone does not make it better.
So for now its a necessity..

And for something totally random I think (hope) I left my mp3 player in my car and i'm to lazy to go see if I did.

Where do you live, so that I can ensure never to go there.

Hell, if it's that bad for you there, I'd encourage you to move. But, good luck to you anyway... o_0

Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
Hades

Yes, please do tell where you live. You should really consider moving to a cheaper place, how long will you be doing this for?? If it's just another year, then yeah maybe it's worth it but if you're looking at 10 years minimum, that's just not healthy, man... o_o
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #15
The Brooding One

Wow, I didn't realize that working on street corners was that difficult.
The Brooding One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #16
Wrath

Quote:
Wow, I didn't realize that working on street corners was that difficult.
Yeah and I did not realise thet insignificant feces could type....one learns something new every day.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:47 AM   #17
Apathy's_Child

Just ignore the BO (hah!). I think someone once told him he was funny and he's been walking around basking in the glow of that delusion ever since.

As for the work..... tough break, but do you really HAVE to work 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week, until April? 'Cause honestly, it sounds like you're going to burn out. It's all good until you get sick, or run down, or just stressed, and realize that you have zero chance to recover. Can't you just cut the hours down, and give yourself a few months extra to raise the money you need?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
Wrath

I do HAVE to do it. But I did make a plan with my boss i get random days off of my chosing whenever I like My boss's are not bad people...generally...

And as far as BO being funny at one time I find doubtfull...he probably has a yeast infection of the mouth.....
Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #19
Jonathan

Worthless advice, ahoy!

Go to school, get a TEACH grant. Federal government will hand out about $4,000 a year which should just about cover in state tuition at a non-private college. Graduate, work whatever the requirement is as a teacher. I think it is 4 years, but don't quote me. Teaching is one of few things that will probably still be in demand in terrible economy, as people won't stop making babies. Loans will be forgiven. You now have a degree, and didn't have to kill yourself over-working or sell your soul to the military to get it. I wish someone was nice enough to point this idea out to me before I got my second car loan, but I am digging my way out slowly.
---

I could see doing a few hard weeks for a good payout, but it would not be an ongoing thing. I've learned where my limits are, exceeding them does not help at all.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #20
Wrath

Nice advice,but I could not tolerate teaching what the youth of today has now become .I would end up with a breakdown.
Besides i'd like to try doing what I desire to do rather than something else i would most likely end up dispising