Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
L'Oiseau Noir

Creature Feature

N/A - Accidental Double Post... eee, bad me.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
L'Oiseau Noir

Well, it's been quite awhile since you've heard me mouth off on the forums. I suppose I should get to the chase then, as I don't want to waste anyone's time (though I imagine a thread like this is a bit of a waste anyway), so I shall be as quick as I can about it.

Has anyone heard of the gruesome-twosome (I'm so dorky), Creature Feature? I thought I wasn't going to enjoy their music, but lo and behold, I did! I like how they make their music sound like something you would hear in a deranged Circus... it's very Danny Elfman-sounding. Sure, it's all done on a keyboard and guitar, but their funny and morbid lyrics make up for that. Well, in my opinion anyway.

Anyway, I'm done. Go ahead and throw your two cents in.

Also, if this thread has indeed already been done, then you have my sincerest apologies my fellow g.netters. I didn't see anything about it, but I could have always overlooked it by accident. I never know with me... I'm just so incredibly scatterbrained.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

Old 11-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
L'Oiseau Noir

My bad, sorry for the double post. My computer went screwy.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
AngelikDemonik

Yes!

They are absolutely amazing, and OH SO nice. I met them back in October when they were here performing. Curtis Rx stopped and talked to my boyfriend and I before the show. We went dressed as zombies, and hoped no one took the song "Aim for the Head" seriously : )

Here are a few photos I took with my phone from the concert (including the signatures of Curtis Rx and Erik X on my work schedule):

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...a501692c94.png
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...=signature.png
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...rent=erikx.png
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

I am so jealous...

I want to see Creature Feature live, but I live in New Jersey. Unfortunately.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
I am so jealous...

I want to see Creature Feature live, but I live in New Jersey. Unfortunately.
Well, right now they are touring with Birthday Massacre. I know around March they will be touring again with another band...I can't remember their name, but a friend of mine that is in charge of booking bands for a local club, told me that they will be at his club March 8th or 9th. I hope you'll be able to see them sometime!
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
Well, right now they are touring with Birthday Massacre. I know around March they will be touring again with another band...I can't remember their name, but a friend of mine that is in charge of booking bands for a local club, told me that they will be at his club March 8th or 9th. I hope you'll be able to see them sometime!
As do I! Ah well, time shall tell all.