Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
Daedalus

Hackers

Why the fuck does it seem that everytime someone brings up some computer topic on some forum, or some chatroom, or some place, somewhere, somehow, everyone turns into 1337 h@ck3r? I mean, half of them don't even know what a NetBios is, or how to use Command Prompt, and they have no idea what Linux is, but for some reason, getting a website's IP address makes them 1337...I mean, I know how to get someone's IP address, it's a piece of cake, just go to command prompt, type in ping <website> And boom, you have it, yet that seems so far beyond them, it blows thier mind.....Why can't people just shut up and realize they are not bloody hackers!
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
tekajo

You should have went ahead and put this in the Rant thread in this Whining Category...but while we're playing i'll chime in...

Most hackers today are simply script kiddies. God i hate those...oh well.

i love Linux. you can change your MAC address...well, so ive read in one of the HOWTO's.

My pain pills kicked in i dont know what the fuck i wanted to say anymore....besides this should not have been a standalone thread. The end.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
Daedalus

We'll I'll be damned, there is a rant thread, right infront of me. Sorry 'bout that, I thought it was just the Newbies Come Here.

And you can change your MAC in linux? Which version?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
AlKilyu

OoOoOo careful...someone admitted offhand to playing a hacked version of some online game and it made someone else cry! ^_^
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:37 AM   #5
Ghost-Damora's Aprentice

ain't nothing bad about hacking i bet none of you can do it... its a aquired skill
Ghost-Damora's Aprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:33 AM   #6
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost-Damora's Aprentice
ain't nothing bad about hacking i bet none of you can do it... its a aquired skill
That's like saying "riding a bike aint bad, i bet you cant do it..its an acquired skill"...well no shit numbfuck, let me...say...acquire said skill and away we go.

lmfao.

btw, i'm pretty sure any flavour of Linux allows you to change your MAC address, it's just a matter of toying with a certain configuration file.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
AlKilyu

Have you figured out a way to mask or spoof IPs for those using broadband yet, Tek? Don't say it here, I just assume people not do it against gothic.net, I'm talking about...well you know...
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Have you figured out a way to mask or spoof IPs for those using broadband yet, Tek? Don't say it here, I just assume people not do it against gothic.net, I'm talking about...well you know...
Masking your IP violates certain IP/TCP rules, but it can be done. But, I would recommend against it, because it will effect your browser, and there are much easier ways, unless you don't wanna fork out $20.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #9
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

Observe the L33T Hax0rz in their natural habitat...

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/al...05/03/l33t.jpg

http://www.girlsareit.org/Images/Use...y_Swinging.gif
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 PM   #10
Daedalus

Er....what about caffine?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #11
demoncross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
OMG, LOL, nice linux box EPS! but it has no kernels, haha.

If you have the skill and patience to discover and exploit a weakness in any given system you are a Hacker, just pinging IP addresses and not doing anything with them is just plain dumb.

There is an entire underlying philosophy behind hacking, it is not just a skill, it is a state of mind.
demoncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #12
Daedalus

Er...why an asian dude though?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:21 PM   #13
demoncross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus
Er...why an asian dude though?
I don't know, they are supposed to be smarter, according to stereotypes that is
demoncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:23 PM   #14
Daedalus

But, all the asian dudes I know play with Pokemon.....And Pokemon, in my opinion, is stupid...
Old 10-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #15
(-$|N-)

The reason everyone turns leet hack3r is because they have (a.) been hacked or (b.) wasted there life infront of a computer trying to look cool. I mean theres a select few who really have a idea of what the hell they are talking about, but most of it is pure bullshit. They heard about it and had a some dumbass explain it to them after that dumbass has had it happen to them so they get a picture, however your adverage person who talks about hacking your is really just trying to be leet which is a sad excuse to me. Any questions?
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
Disfunction

Quote:
Kind of like spelling and grammar, right?

How's about a big ol' face lift for that post of yours...

Quote:
There isn't anything bad about hacking; I bet none of you can do it. It's an aquired skill.
How do you like sounding literate? Feel good? Feel comfortable? There might a strange, unfamiliar tingling sensation. That would be your brain. Use it more often.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #17
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus
But, all the asian dudes I know play with Pokemon.....And Pokemon, in my opinion, is stupid...
From an academic point of view, Southeastern Asian society (including China, North and South Korea as well as Japan) is known for its tendency to really push its children through many layers of schooling expecting little or nothing short of perfection.

So, that's why they are stereotypically thought of as more intelligent. From a statistical point of view, it's hard to say.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:46 AM   #18
STEIN

Talking

I use Super scan to get the victims IP & Port
Then I use Sub7 to get in and keylog & other fun stuff
Or I send them a file that send the information back to my server
Oh and as for you "Pro Microsoft Windblows people" LINUX OWNS YOU F***ING PIGS!
STEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #19
Disfunction

Are there really any "Pro Microsoft Windows" people out there? I believed that the concensus was that windows sucked but as the easiest operating system to get the hang of and the most widely available as a starting operating system, not to mention that linux was never really intended as a consumer oriented desktop, at least not just yet.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #20
tekajo

Dis, since i began my M$ experience with 3.1 i'd have to say NT was the best that they put out until XP. XP is simply Microsoft catching up with Linux...

i really liked the Longhorn Beta and am looking forward to Vista.

As far as Linux as a consumer desktop OS, it is now a viable option since alot of the new distros are very easy to install (Arklinux being the easiest) plus alot of the programs created for Linux can damn near do everything that a Windows box can do...productivity wise that is.

Games are still lacking on a Linux machine, though, which is the only reason i haven't completely converted to Linux.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #21
tekajo

Linux, OSX, XP...Grandaddy Unix.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:44 AM   #22
katsumy

I know that the theme its a bit old... but I could not resist to post something in here... well here it goes!

-They are supposed to be "crackers" not "hackers". They changed the name, because that one (hacker) was "cooler". And besides like you said working with computers is a piece of cake... but in the other hand... I didn't knew how to post a picture here until I asked for help -I did not know that here we use the Html- that was a big ups
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 AM   #23
horrorgirl

My LJ got hacked several times in a two day period my a kid who was pissed off that I criticized their favorite singer. It got to the point that I had to close my account and I will never go back on there again. Instead of actually being able to argue their points intelligently kids will hack into your personal information. I consider it to be a criminal offense and they should be whipped and then drawn and quartered. They are nothing but immature brats.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #24
anti

The word hacker has long since lost all meaning. Somehow, over the years, it's changed from the elite of their art to those who perform malicious acts because their penis is small.
anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:03 PM   #25
Wise Child

True story.
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote