Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 AM   #26
Minyaliel

I wonder how many brains she's got, and if she has two, how the control of the body is divided... Imagine if she'll be two separate girls when that time comes - what a curse! And it won't even be possible to separate them of they can't co- operate...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #27
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
"I've got my eyes on you... and you..."
Awesome.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #28
Pye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
Oh I think I saw that one. And the girl had to literally hold her head up from the size of the tumor or what ever it was. In the end she ended up with a nearly normal face and had this high pitched voice.
Still, after watching the program I found it to be a really interesting and ....whats this word? like happiness for this girl to get a second chance at living a normal life. ^_^
Ahh I don't think I've seen that one. Unfortunately I don't think this child lived, not sure it was at all possible. It wasn't on TV now I come to think of it. I think it was a video from a University or something. Slipped my mind as I was watching it along with some TV programs I'd got on-line whilst I was researching chimeras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice
Us Westerners believe God shows his face in pieces of toast, so I don't see how this is so bad.
Me neither. Some strange geezer round here was going round printing copies of the back of a chair where you can supposedly see the virgin. He got it printed on the back of some prayer sheets... Reminds me of the Father Ted episode "Kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse". =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I wonder how many brains she's got, and if she has two, how the control of the body is divided... Imagine if she'll be two separate girls when that time comes - what a curse! And it won't even be possible to separate them of they can't co- operate...
I wonder about that too. It looks rather complicated.
Pye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #29
Pineapple_Juice

Are they sure that it isn't two girls instead of one?
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #30
LaBelleDameSansMerci

At least parts of her brain are probably shared between the two faces. She might have two frontal lobes, but not much else, I think, from what I can see of the shape of her head (which is, admittedly, not much, but enough that I don't think two brains could completely fit in there...)
I wonder if she can see out of both pairs of eyes and make sense of it, cuz that would be COOL. She wouldn't have to turn her head to look both ways down the street...
My cousin and I had a discussion about how handy it would be to have two faces.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #31
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Notice the increasing amounts of this shit in India and a few other third world countries. I wonder if their is a correlation between the deformed infants and the deplorable living conditions.
That's a pretty good point.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #32
KontanKarite

the point is actually pretty obvious.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #33
crucifix

honestly, a two faced baby sounds kinda cool
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #34
Maldarion_Haliax

What I wanna know is how it looks from her point of veiw,I mean does she see and incorporate all 4 eyes?
And the second pic in that fist post was.... damn I thank God I wasn't born like that.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #35
beauismyhorse

Wait a second, is this two kids with one body? Or is it one individual with two faces? This is confusing...
beauismyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #36
Nevan

Update on this article:

Two-faced baby 'a goddess'

Saini Sunpura - A baby with two faces was born in a northern Indian village, where she was doing well and was being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess, her father said Tuesday.

The baby, Lali, apparently has an extremely rare condition known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces.

All of Lali's facial features are duplicated except for her ears, of which she has two.

Otherwise, she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes.

"My daughter is fine - like any other child," said Vinod Singh, 23, a poor farm worker.

"She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time," Ali said.

Plans to build a temple

Rural India is deeply superstitious and the little girl is being hailed as a return of the Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, a fiery deity traditionally depicted with three eyes and many arms.

Up to 100 people have been visiting Lali at her home every day to touch her feet out of respect, offer money and receive blessings, Singh told The Associated Press.

Village chief Daulat Ram said he planned to build a temple to Durga in the village.

"I am writing to the state government to provide money to build the temple and help the parents look after their daughter," Ram said.

No need for surgery

Lali's condition is often linked to serious health complications, but the doctor said she was doing well.

"She is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties," said Ali, adding that he saw no need for surgery.

Singh said he took his daughter to a hospital in New Delhi where doctors suggested a CT scan to determine whether her internal organs were normal, but Singh said he felt it was unnecessary.

"I don't feel the need of that at this stage as my daughter is behaving like a normal child, posing no problems," he said.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...302229,00.html

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:47 PM   #37
KontanKarite

Holy shit.

Man... oh man. I wish people celebrated the birth of every child on the planet to this kind of degree. Or at least half as much as this. I seriously think I'm going to cry.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #38
Smile

Genetic mutation...

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #39
CptSternn

They are lucky. Think of what would have happened if the child had two arses!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #40
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Holy shit.

Man... oh man. I wish people celebrated the birth of every child on the planet to this kind of degree. Or at least half as much as this. I seriously think I'm going to cry.
She is truly blessed to be loved and respected so much. It's a beautiful thing. She is also very fortunate to be healthy, and I think it's very cool that all four of her (gorgeous) eyes open and close simultaneously.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #41
Chazz

One thing that strikes me, is that the baby is using all of her features.

So we can safely assume that this is not the result of another disfigured twin incidence.

It states that she closes all four eyes at once, which suggests too me that she can see out of them. She also eats out of both mouths and breaths out of both noses.

Regardless of what these villagers say I find this extraodinary.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #42
Murasaki eyeliner

in a way i think the baby is quite lucky beacos if she was going to be born with deforminitys,its good that she was born in a place were she would be looked upon a as someone very special beacos of her condition,rarther than in anouther part of the world were she would be looked down on as a freak(wich she isn't) btw she looks very sweet ,best of luck to her

also it is very cute that she opens and closes all her eyes at once,hell if she can se eout of all of them then shes got an advantage not a disadvantage

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote