Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #21601
Underwater Ophelia

Why is this place so quiet tonight?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #21602
Xombie

I'm fairly certain that he's in jail.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #21603
Underwater Ophelia

...what?

lkakldsha
Old 08-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #21604
Duane

This forum needs more Duckman.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #21605
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I had a dream last night and, it was like a giant Gnet get together/shindig sort of thing and it was getting good and mum had to come in and wake me up just as me and Metabolik started making out =_=
Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #21606
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Why is this place so quiet tonight?
Its not really even tonight, its been kinda quiet for days now...

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #21607
Underwater Ophelia

I really don't see why some of you think Metabolik is so good looking.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #21608
Xombie

Quote:
...what?

lkakldsha
The boyfriend. I know that he's been "on the run" for about two years now, and every time he's stopped by the police for any reason at all he could be sent away. I haven't heard from him, nor have I noticed any signs of his existence, since Thursday. I'm afraid that going to his house will only be a waste.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #21609
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
What did he do to be on the run? Why doesn't he just face the music and get it over with so he can walk again as a free man without worry?

Seems a drag to live that way, always hiding and fearing sudden loss of freedom.

Not to be less sympathetic by the way, you have a sudden loss of companionship that must be a drag too.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #21610
Xombie

Countless battery/assault charges, all of which are 2+ years old. He's not abusive, in case you were wondering.

He's trying to make it to his 30s before he gets caught. He says he's "in his prime," and he doesn't want to sit in a jail cell for 1 1/2 years while he's in it.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #21611
Duane

I had a dream last night to, excactly like that, but ... Duane was not invited... how fucked up is that, not inviting the Lord Zaney Duane.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #21612
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I do not have any experience with that nor have any of my friends, family or neighbors, except once: my daughter and her boyfriend both got drunk once at a party and in front of everyone she socked him in the face for something stupid, and he socked her back giving her a black eye, so the others at the party called the cops and he spent the night in jail but that was all. She just got a ride in the cop car back home.

I can't imaging an assault or battery costing him more than a few months at the most. He should just get it over with and then start again with a clean slate.
He should think long term benefit. But I don't know the details either, and I understand if instead of helping I am just pissing you off, so I'll shut up now.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #21613
Xombie

No, you haven't pissed me off. I told him the same thing. He's getting a sentence of anywhere between 6 and 18 months, and I told him to just do it now and get it done with. However, he can make his own decisions, and if he wants to wait it out and be taken at any time when he least expects it, that's up to him.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #21614
Xombie

Sorry, double post.

FUCK, THAT WAS RELIEVING. He just called me. He's not locked up (yet), but if he doesn't come up with $3,000 in the next few weeks, he's gone for 1 1/2 years.

I've been considering it all weekend, and we both agreed that he doesn't have time for a girlfriend right now, so we broke it off. There are no hard feelings, because we know it's for the better.

I'm really fucking relieved though, because he had me worried as fuck.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #21615
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
I really don't see why some of you think Metabolik is so good looking.
Different tastes I suppose, I personally think he is very attractive and we get along rather well, oh distance, why do you taunt me so?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #21616
Tam Li Hua

Solumina: Thing is, it's not going to be his first time. He's divorced, and was with his previous wife for about ten years.

However, it -has- been a while for him. Either way, though, I'd rather have bad married sex with him than to do without him for much longer; leaving him at night to come back 'home' is getting harder and harder. :/
Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #21617
Duane

*slides into the thread, with his guitar. He's about to strike a chord, but gets up and sighs*Fuck it... I'VE LOST ME ROCKCHIN!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #21618
Kristin

Tam, I waited too, and our sex life is fine. It took some practice, but we have no complaints in that department now!

I think your dress is lovely. Kudos for not indulging in an insane multi-thousand-dollar fiasco for a wedding (like my step-sister who dropped $40K on hers, aak). Non-white may not be traditional, but your vows are about what is special to you, as a couple. I know a couple who are into falconing, who had a very unusual ceremony. At first I looked at their wedding pictures and thought, "You have got to be kidding me." The clothes were all handmade, and had a falconing/American Indian theme. Upon further reflection, I saw beyond the odd and untraditional nature of their wedding and realized it was a very beautiful, spiritual day for them and their families. And they didn't bust their budget.

If I were you, I would wear a bustle or something under the dress to make it fuller. And it takes just one look at it to imagine tons of flowers and ribbons in your hair.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:26 AM   #21619
Tam Li Hua

Kristin: lol I'm very much looking forward to practicing. XD I know it's not going to be mind-blowing the first time, but I feel it will be very very special regardless.

Ooh, I think you're right about the ribbons and flowers. And a bustle may not be a bad idea [though I already have a natural one. ] I am hoping for an outdoor ceremony, but that will really depend on the weather. XD

Egad! x_x;;; 40K just for the dress?? Geez, if I had that much money, I'd certainly not be buying one dress with it! Not to mention, some of the ring prices we looked at in an official jewelry store!

I've nothing against it if a person can afford it, but I have a feeling a lot of folks go into a LOT of debt just to have a fancy ceremony, and that's just not my style.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #21620
Kristin

Bwuahaha! Natural bustle! I have one of those myself.

Oh no, the whole wedding was about 40K, but I'm sure the dress itself was several thousand. I don't have anything against people who want to spend their money the way they want either if they can afford it, but she and her fiance went heavily into debt for this thing and then she whined and moaned a few months later about how behind they were on bills, they couldn't afford anything because of their credit cards, wah wah. She got no sympathy from me!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #21621
Delkaetre

Ropes are lovely, and I like them very much.
Gary Numan made my pet and his friends very happy.
Ben Christo, current live guitarist of tSoM, appeared to be trying to lure my pet to bed.
I still have had no luck finding a new place to live. This is .... not good.
I have found an interesting bar and a nice second hand book/comic shop in Soho.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #21622
DementiaNocturne

*does the Neko Dance*
Old 08-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #21623
LetheanBlacklight

Bonjour tout le monde de gnet! Comment vont-ils aujourd'hui?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #21624
TheBloodEternity

I've had a piece of lasagna, ramen, V8, a soda, and a bag of doritos and I'm STILL HUNGRY.
This is why I'm getting so pudgy...

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
Old 08-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #21625
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
I've had a piece of lasagna, ramen, V8, a soda, and a bag of doritos and I'm STILL HUNGRY.
This is why I'm getting so pudgy...
*hugs* that happened to me *abit pudginess* when I moved to the US, and I found what is known as "fast food"....