Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Fierce Critter

News segment about Goth from years ago?

Hi. Sorry to jump into this without a proper introduction, but I'm trying to help a student doing a culture study of the goth culture and I'm not having any luck with online searches.

Quite a few years ago - maybe 10 or more - there was either a one-off TV news documentary about the goth scene somewhere, or a segment on a news show or TV magazine like E!'s "Extra." I'm having a hell of a time tracking down information about it.

I recall one of the people they filmed was a much older woman who was a sort of doyenne of that particular area's scene. She deviated from the stereotypical black garb and often wore white. She was known for her post-club parties, and was trying to avoid passing information about it on to an overly eager newbie. I recall vividly the newbie getting excited about - if I remember correctly - Jules Asner being there and she mentioning it to the doyenne, who said something such as, "No, I haven't met him..." thinking the newbie meant a man, not a woman.

If you recall what I'm talking about and can offer ANY information, no matter how slight, I would appreciate it if you would share.

Many thanks,

FC
Fierce Critter is offline   Reply With Quote