Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:20 PM   #451
Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Well, one-legged pants were made for guys...

It's more manly to say it that way.
That is a bit on the retarded side, screw whats more manly I say! Just be honest.

Next they'll be selling "small male shirts" also know as bras.

The only really manly way to get away with a skirt is to call it a kilt, because nothing is more manly then a kilt. Me, being mucho man that I am, I have worn me kilt to school and not to mention, I'm quite the stud in it.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #452
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
That is a bit on the retarded side
Calling something:"Retarded" is offesive.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #453
chloegoth

Quote:
Hot Topic is not nor have they ever been owned by the Gap. Read through this thread. They are their own company, and they are publicly traded as "HOTT". They do own a company, though: Torrid.

I did a consumer report on them in high school.

That's a rumor that's been going around for AGES.

Seriously, look through this thread and we've discussed its origins.
Oops. Sorry. I'll do my research next time.
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #454
Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruel
Calling something:"Retarded" is offesive.
Right, hence why I used it. Please note, I wasn't insulting her, I was insulting the name of "one-legged pants" thing.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #455
chloegoth

Quote:
No, it's not offensive like "stupid" is offensive (in that you are purposely offending whoever or whatever you are calling stupid), it's offensive like "gay" -when used as a derogatory term- is offensive (in that you are using a name of an innocent group of people to insult someone).

See the difference?

Chloegoth, it's ok. LOTS of people have believed that rumor, myself included. Seriously, it's been going around for as long as I can remember (although I'm only 19) and I was SHOCKED when doing a consumer report on them to find that it wasn't true.
Damn. Now I have to find another excuse to shop the sale racks at the Gap ('cause their clothes are very cheap on sale). Good to know, though.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #456
Apocalypse

Quote:
No, it's not offensive like "stupid" is offensive (in that you are purposely offending whoever or whatever you are calling stupid), it's offensive like "gay" -when used as a derogatory term- is offensive (in that you are using a name of an innocent group of people to insult someone).

See the difference?
Of course I know the difference, I haven't being living secluded from society with a group of hunter-gatherers. Being 15 years old you pick up commonly used expressions such as retarded simply because of the extreme use of it, whether or not its politically correct, you pick it up.

Mentally Retarded people are a drain on society anyway, but thats for another time.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #457
maggot

Hooray! Today when I got out of school, I saw the most mallgothiest mallgoth that ever mallgoth'd. A KoRN cap, some shirt, Illig shorts. 'Twas funny.

The sad thing is, I intend to go to Hot topic to see if they have a good spring coat for me. I'm looking for a ground-length black denim trench coat. I feel naked without a coat, it's my second skin.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 AM   #458
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Of course I know the difference, I haven't being living secluded from society with a group of hunter-gatherers. Being 15 years old you pick up commonly used expressions such as retarded simply because of the extreme use of it, whether or not its politically correct, you pick it up.

Mentally Retarded people are a drain on society anyway, but thats for another time.

Next time you have a thought... let it go. Seriously.

I have no problem calling my skirt just what it is. A skirt. I have yet to wear it anywhere, as it's too damn cold. That and I can't find an occasion. However I have found myself to be obsessed with tights and stockings now. Can anyone tell me where to find black on grey stripes? I got the idea to combine them with long shorts aftrer watching a music video.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:38 AM   #459
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

My brother is severely mentally retarded, and I am disgusted that you would say his life is a drain on society. I would waste my time explaining how wonderful he is, and how much we love him, but why?

It wouldn't change a thing.

That is probably one of the foulest things I have ever read here, in all my years as a member and moderator of this site.

Be Proud.

I think you may want to reconsider who the drain on society really is, and keep a mirror handy when you do it.

It's a shame that someone with so much potential has a black hole where his soul should be.

I am going to go vomit now, you can pat yourself on the back for that one.

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 03-31-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:58 AM   #460
tenet_2012

Quote:
You've opened a can of shit that you may not be able to close.

I know you probably don't mean that; you probably wrote it beause you thought that it would make you look "cool". Around here, we don't think that hating people that cannot defend themselves is cool.

So, fuck off. Don't come back.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:13 AM   #461
Sanctus Dei

Quote:

Tsk tsk tsk little boy, you've just made your first and last mistake. Had I the opportunity to wrap my fingers around your scawny shit spewing neck I'd squeeze until your inadequate thought box failed from lack of oxygen.. comments like this are unacceptable for anyone to spit, and now that you've saturated us with your putrid opinions I suggest you either apologize or beg me to only bury a foot in your ridiculous fuck-spanked ass.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:19 AM   #462
Ben Lahnger

Quote:

This is ugly. After reading and responding to your introduction, I had thought you would prove to be a good person to talk to about any number of subjects.

I had thought you would prove to be a good person.

I'm not going to flame you. Plenty of people here are much better at that, and I supect you'll hear from them all.

However, I will say that I don't see how you can possibly hang around here anymore without inspiring instant loathing from anyone who reads your posts. Your time at www.gothic.net is surely over, because of the hateful thought you expressed in this single post.

This is not the kind of idea one expresses as a casual, toss-off blip from the outer fringes of your mental radar. This is a serious, deeply contemplated belief that demonstrates a cold and calculated insensitivity to those less fortunate than you that cannot be repaired by explanations or apologies.

You have the corrosion of evil in your heart.

“If you can’t be a good example, then you’ll just have to be a horrible warning.” -- Catherine Aird
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:46 AM   #463
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruel
Calling something:"Retarded" is offensive.
This is probably the first and only thing we will agree upon.

Apocalypse, retarded people are not a 'drain' on anybody. They didn't choose to be born the way they were. But many of them are far more beautiful people than you will ever have the pleasure of knowing. Does it bother you that you feel such contempt for the mentally disabled? I hope it does. If you can't figure out what was so offensive about your post, just replace the word 'retard' in your sentence with 'whites' 'blacks' 'asians'
'hispanics' 'gays' 'lesbians'....etc.

Ben(look I'm doing it now, too.), it has long been my experience that you will get along with a person just to find out that their intelligence and charm hide a very disturbed individual.

Last edited by WolfMoon; 03-31-2006 at 06:51 AM.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:52 AM   #464
horrorgirl

Quote:

I work with the developmentally disabled and I am really insulted by your statement. Grow up.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 AM   #465
chloegoth

Quote:
And " 'cause their clothes are very cheap on sale" isn't an excuse?

Frugality is always an excuse!!
Hmmm... I suppose it is...

Problem solved!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #466
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Ben(look I'm doing it now, too.), it has long been my experience that you will get along with a person just to find out that their intelligence and charm hide a very disturbed individual.
Actually, Wolfie, I don't have a problem with disturbed. I think many people can be unsettled, eccentric and even unbalanced, and still be moral, decent people.

I have a problem with evil people.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-31-2006, 07:19 AM   #467
tenet_2012

There is no such thing as evil.

--Geisha
Old 03-31-2006, 07:23 AM   #468
Teh_Emi

Bah! Hot Topic. I can find some okay things there and play around with them until I'm happy. I have nothing against them, really. I used to look kind of mallgothy, but that's because I seriously couldn't find anything that I liked. But now that I'm able to, I mostly go there for pants and shoes.

For those of you who like the antique-y goth look (or just like black lace, etc, in any case), Ross is the place to go right now. Went there last night and got three blouses and three long skirts for $65. ^^
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:26 AM   #469
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
There is no such thing as evil.
Really? You believe that?

How is "Mentally Retarded people are a drain on society anyway, but thats for another time." not evil?

You don't believe in THIS ?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-31-2006, 07:29 AM   #470
tenet_2012

Evil is an abstract idea created by us humans.

--Geisha
Old 03-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #471
Ben Lahnger

I think you are confusing my use of the word evil with something like the devil.

I believe in this: Morally bad or wrong; wicked = evil.

If I use the word evil as an adjective, I could replace it with wicked or morally bad. Would you argue that those don't exist either?

Are you saying that all judgements as to the moral negativity of human behavior are just artificially created abstract ideas?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #472
Teh_Emi

Quote:
While I agree with that to an extent, it makes me wonder what Hitler's reign in Europe could be called.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:46 AM   #473
tenet_2012

Let us ask the question machine.

--Geisha
Old 03-31-2006, 07:47 AM   #474
Teh_Emi

Something makes me think I misinterpreted what you meant, Tenet. My apologies if this is so.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 AM   #475
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I think you are confusing my use of the word evil with something like the devil.

I believe in this: Morally bad or wrong; wicked = evil.

If I use the word evil as an adjective, I could replace it with wicked or morally bad. Would you argue that those don't exist either?

Are you saying that all judgements as to the moral negativity of human behavior are just artificially created abstract ideas?
Quote:
Let us ask the question machine.
So, does that mean you're not answering me? I ask because this is philisophically important to me. I don't believe in a god or a devil or an afterlife or any kind of organized religion, but I do believe people are capable of being evil and of exhibiting evil behavior.