Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #26
RedDollShoes

haha you sound exactly like me 10-15 years ago and half of it remains today. Welcome, Sweetlips!
RedDollShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #27
Lost&Alone

Some of my clothes I make myself, other not so much.
Lost&Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #28
Lost&Alone

And thanks for the welcome Red.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #29
Dark Horse

welcome L&A.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #30
Breathless Horror

Welcome Lost. I'd say what set Malice off was labeling yourself mysterious, and the "everyone makes me sick and doesn't understand me". And while I don't recall you saying that no one understood you, it's kind of implied by the other things. Most people here (and elsewhere for that matter) find that extremely pretentious, and to a lot of people it screams "angsty pre-teen", and we've had our fair share of bothersome members.

So welcome to our fucked up little family, hope you like fire, there's lots of it! There's also good people here if you can survive the pyrotechnics.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #31
d0p3y

"your gonna grow up fast underneath these lights"

Good charlotte - The River

BTW I Dispise Good CHarlotte...

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #32
Lost&Alone

Well, I apologaize then. I'll be more careful about what I post from now on.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #33
cadavre exquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror View Post
I'd say what set Malice off was labeling yourself mysterious, and the "everyone makes me sick and doesn't understand me"
Lots of (esp. 'alternative') peeps go through through a phase of writing sub-Plathian poetry, moping about being misunderstood etc.; some don't ever grow out of it - and for the most part people don't wanna be reminded of it - although I do think the 'welcome' you've received is a tad harsh...
It worries me that you're putting yourself out-there online as so vulnerable (even choosing to call yourself 'lost & alone'-and you clearly DON'T bite).
cadavre exquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #34
Dev Ravenson

In defiance of existence !
Dev Ravenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #35
Dev Ravenson

hey.. it's alright , you're nice , maybe you're weird i don't feel that , but you're nice , so don't worry and Hi
Dev Ravenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #36
Ben Lahnger

All the mopey would-be baby goths get roasted here.

And I join the crowd in having little patience for the "I'm so misunderstood and I'm so bored (while I dress exclusively in only 3 boring colors) and I have to be around such intolerable people all the time and why aren't people around me more tolerant of me" folks.

AGHHHHHH! Angst, what a terrible waste of time; made worse only by sharing it with complete strangers and wasting their time.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #37
Frenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post

AGHHHHHH! Angst, what a terrible waste of time; made worse only by sharing it with complete strangers and wasting their time.
Upon reflection, I realize that angsty board posting would have been a better waste of time than video-gaming.

There are many, many hours of my life that I wish I had back. Maybe take piano lessons.
Frenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:52 AM   #38
badsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadavre exquis View Post
Lots of (esp. 'alternative') peeps go through through a phase of writing sub-Plathian poetry, moping about being misunderstood etc.; some don't ever grow out of it - and for the most part people don't wanna be reminded of it - although I do think the 'welcome' you've received is a tad harsh...
It worries me that you're putting yourself out-there online as so vulnerable (even choosing to call yourself 'lost & alone'-and you clearly DON'T bite).
I am still in that phase "sub-Plathian" and i don't have problems saying that aloud.I have 26 years by the way.Also i have to disagree with you in some aspects..
Let's say you have two individuals:
-one is mature and fits other matures like all people say here.Unmature or sub-plathian phase individuals make the so called mature people very pissed off (this thread is an example, my life experience is an example too and the parents/teachers that whine about new generations is another example at global scale)
- the other is a combination of maturity in specific aspects and imaturity in some other aspects.This individual not only doesn't know himself very well but also have a big incapacity of triggering things that make him mature..I just can't press the button and makes me mature..Also for me is an inverse effect than normal individuals.Matures around me mocked me all time like usual with the objectives that i will change.The intersting thing is that more mocking leads me further to more and more "imaturity" but they didn't know that..I have a job and usual crap but this doesn't make me mature.It doesn't trigger the circuit inside me.Unless that something big will happen i am stuck in this imaturity.The thing that mature people don't realize or forgot is that being a hybrid individual brings some advantages to the table that the maturity don't, like crossing boundaries and the adolescent age is a good example.So if i am still half adolescent i will not have all limitations of a mature guy and i will take more risks (in natural ways without someone tell me).

Mature moment now:
Before all matures here will jump on me and swear or do other "harsh" things one thing need to be pointed out.Survival.A hybrid individual is criticised much much more than a full mature and needs to cope with this crap everywhere he goes.This is not a choice sometime for that individual.My brain is always in searching for ways to deal with this crap.It's not really my fault that society with their ways to trigger maturity didn't have the same effect on me..We have to accept our fate or suicide..Our life journey have plenty of frustration and shit from matures sides and some of them will try to hurt us on purpose.We accept to step on mines for some "plathian" reasons that hopeful selfs still trust..Also the society needs this kind of hybrid individuals in art, designing departments and other areas where rigid/mature individuals sit and will do logic..
Imo you "mature" guys should stop harshing the hybrids or people around adolescent age that actually come here to find other people like them and hope they are accepted as they are.They had enough crap everyday .If on a gothic/rock site "mature bashing" is there where they should go? on other planet? If i could move to other planet i would personally go and i will take the others with me.It will be an alternative human society and i am really curious what it will become if many generations evolved from them...
So without my knowledge i proposed a new topic to discuss...
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #39
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post

Mature moment now:
It's not really my fault that society with their ways to trigger maturity didn't have the same effect on me..We have to accept our fate or suicide..Our life journey have plenty of frustration and shit from matures sides and some of .
Don't try and blame it on your clearly individual mind and brain, that's not even immature, it's retarded.
People give themselves such fucking airs...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #40
badsykes

if you say so...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #41
ape descendant

I notice that the people who go on about maturity/imaturity the most, often using those words, tend to be adolescent children.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #42
badsykes

Ape: if you talking about me i have to say that a hybrid guy mature/imature will tend to go from one state to another and many times is uncontrollable..Until this kind of individual is stabilised mentaly the damage is done in many areas..Also the individuals values will develop on the unstabilised mental state so when one stabilze his head he needs to rewrite many routines and perceptions that were developed in the unstable years..Is a big war with yourself.The world around you is just something anoying.This is why many people like this are usually retreated or alone..Their head takes 80% of their energy to fight back and forth and there is not too much left to dedicate on outside stuff (like school, friends etc)..Also they are very very sensible if you abandon them once you hang with them.I have a feeling that an high sensibility to abandoment is developed..Either they love you too much either they hate you too much...
Old 05-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #43
ape descendant

I see no denial. Talking to you reminds me far too much of the overly self absorbed teenagers that I was unfortunate enough to date at the time.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #44
badsykes

This behaviour is usually created by early age problems.For example my parents beat me and i got some consequences that i couldn't control at early age.If you can't handle the emotional problems you are stuck in your mind (body will try to make you survive)..Usually parents can't handle this stuff because they are not teached for this and the child don't either and you get the "nice" result..
Also i consider myself a survivor because for 26 years i have failings in row (school, friends, university, job)..In this context is very hard to get motivated.In all this years noone helped me.All people that supposed to help me bashed, criticised or screamed at me because their lack of knowledge..This is why if you ask this kind of teenager he will say is misunderstood.He will try to defend the fragile ego..
The advantages of this "bad":
- one learn to deal with things differently than normal.The normal things that apply for healthy childs don't fit in my case.
- i, personally, developed much more understanding with people..
- i got resistance for some unusual things that suppose to make you feel pesimistic or bad.
- i tend to do the things in not logical way or contrary and discover some new perspectives
- From what saw at me and around me with individuals like me if you are stuck in your mind one develops a love for poetry, art, nature or whatever.Also this individual may develop sacrifice instinct for things that are way above his head and is very very ambitious with them..

I hope i cleared some aspects of the problem for some of you here or at least gave some ideas..
I know people hate me and i don't need confirmations on this forum too..
Old 05-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #45
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenn View Post
Upon reflection, I realize that angsty board posting would have been a better waste of time than video-gaming.

There are many, many hours of my life that I wish I had back. Maybe take piano lessons.
I disagree completely. Here's my view:

Piano Lessons > Video Game Playing > Angst > Angsty whining in any public venue

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #46
badsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I disagree completely. Here's my view:

Piano Lessons > Video Game Playing > Angst > Angsty whining in any public venue
If you are talking about Call of duty, crysis and other things like this the video games should be put at left end of your series of arrows.But one thing you should bear in mind that angst is a part of human natural behaviour.As much we are human this will not disappear and we need to deal with it at global scale.A popular video is running on 10milion computers but depression on how many "computers" is running?Can you cout them?No.You can ignore a video game or hate but an angst can "run" on your friends, sister, brother and you need to know how to deal with it not just swearing.

There are a couple of games that are really worth trying even for video games hater:
Uru
Myst
The Path
Fatale
Portal
Silent Hill
Fatal frame
Riven: the sequel to myst

and this project is rather original
http://thebookof8.tumblr.com/

imo this games are art but in digital format.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #47
d0p3y

no Resident Evil :'(

(Mago de oz)

(incognito)

(incognito)

(incognito)
Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #48
badsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0p3y View Post
no Resident Evil :'(
sorry resident evil is very cheap..I played the last and it sucks..Silent hill is not about shooting but about puzzles and atmosphere.Resident evil is just a regular shooting-zombies with some levers..
Old 05-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #49
Ben Lahnger

Myst is overrated. It was fine when it came out but now it just is a steaming pile of still pictures. Same for Riven.

Replace them on your list with Grim Fandango as well as Fallout 1, 2 and 3 and I'm happy.

Oh, and not all the Resident Evils are all just shooting and levers. I remember playing through the first one and being really impressed with some of the puzzles in it.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #50
d0p3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
sorry resident evil is very cheap..I played the last and it sucks..Silent hill is not about shooting but about puzzles and atmosphere.Resident evil is just a regular shooting-zombies with some levers..

yeah, true resident evil 4 n 5 took the game and made it more appealing to the younger crouds. I remember the first two games were really ahead of their time when they came out on the Playstation, i stil remember getting creeped the fuck out when i saw that first zombie eating one of the S.T.A.R.S members...

the memories. :'(

(Mago de oz)

(incognito)

(incognito)

(incognito)