Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #26
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_the_Heartless
.....but I dont think I cant wait that long.

sorry its annoying me I ment I dont think I CAN wait that long
Old 02-27-2006, 07:22 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, I understand. Although it's just one more year, I will always think of what would have happened if I was myself when I still had the friends I have now

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #28
Love_the_Heartless

I didnt want to start a whole new thread. I was just wondering can you tell me of some different religions besides christian. I've sort of given up on it and I want to hear about some others I could turn to.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

Of course I won't reccomend you satanism, don't worry. Nope, that one's mine
How about Unitarian Universalism? Or taoism? Try learning about religions in www.religioustolerance.org (not a link, I don't know how to put a link)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 PM   #30
Godslayer Jillian

Oh check it out, it becomes a link automatically

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #31
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
But his idea of "looking good" may differ with that of his parents.
I was talking about you in the corset, dear.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:04 AM   #32
Blushing Heliophobe

Well, if they think everything is 'Goth' and they can't tell the difference then why enlighten them?

You could just tell them 'it's really popular, it's not Goth because Goth isn't popular and this new haircut is so cool!".

It may be stretching the truth but I would just do that.

Don't drop the G-bomb.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #33
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
I didnt want to start a whole new thread. I was just wondering can you tell me of some different religions besides christian. I've sort of given up on it and I want to hear about some others I could turn to.
I'm more looking for somthing that dosent really revolve around a god.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #34
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
Why do you need a religion?
I dont I'm just looking to see if theirs anything that intrests me.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #35
Godslayer Jillian

Have you already seen Unitarian Universalism?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #36
Cicero

Quote:
I'm more looking for somthing that dosent really revolve around a god.
Make up your own religion! It can help to read up on what's out there, but there is nothing stopping you from coming to your own conclusions.

My own beliefs are taken from Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, La'Veyan Satanism, Ancient Egyptian mythology, agnoticism, and even evolution and biology. Pick and choose the belief systems that you're most comfortable with, and don't feel you have to box yourself up in one group.

I'm extremely lucky to have open-minded parents. My mother's always liked Siouxsie and the Banshees, and her best friend and cousin was a goth back in the early 80's, so she's familiar with the culture.

Have you ever spoken to your parents about what they were like when they were younger? If they were your age any time after the 60's you may be surprised at what sub-cultures they may have been a part of.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:50 PM   #37
Love_the_Heartless

Thank you, everyone for the posts they've helped. One more thing I want to ask. Am I allowed to talk about self-injury here? I dont want it to be a big deal I just want to know if anyone dose it... Just tell me if i cant.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #38
Godslayer Jillian

As long as you don't think that makes you all the more goth, then by all means talk of it. You might want support I presume?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #39
OCD Insomnia

From personal experience, I have a very christian mother who calls things evil if they breath anything but a bible, I just slowely eased myself into it. First I started with black nailpolish, then eyeliner, and after that black t-shirts...ect.. and make sure they know it won't change your personality. (So don't act any different when they notice the changes, wich i hope you won't.) Eventually, they will get used to it and call it a phase.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #40
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
You mean you cut yourself? Honestly, it depends on how you do it. What do you do? Why do you do it?

I've cut myself, yes. And many of us here have. It's a way of externalizing pain, but it's not a healthy one.
Yes I do cut, but I dont know why.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #41
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
Oh, but if you cut "Slipknot Rulz" into your arm and then wore a tank top, you will get no support here.

I dont think I'd ever do that.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #42
She_Is_My_Sin

The way this topic was phrased I thought it was about 'coming out'. But I guess not. Well my parent's didn't actually care when I started dressing however I wanted. In fact, I think they secretly enjoy it a little. I mean, my dad's really into recommending bands, authors & artists. & my mother likes going clothes shopping with me, watching how I do my make-up & hey, when we're in the car she sometimes asks to listen to The Sisters Of Mercy. The only things she doesn't really like is when my clothes are a tad revealing or look inapropirate for a girl my age (she doesn't want me to get knee high black patent boots or start wearing PVC until I'm a little bit older) Oh & she doesn't really understand that I kind of like feminine looking guys, but I'm not a lesbian.

But the point is if your really sure about doing the whole goth thing, then I really wouldn't be worried about the reaction. I mean if you can't do it now then there will probably be another time when you can do it. Perhaps when your older. That's all the advice I can really think of.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #43
Godslayer Jillian

She_Is_My_Sin, is Ponyland near Texas?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #44
She_Is_My_Sin

No sadly 'tis not
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #45
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
You should probably think about why.
I think its just basicly everything put together, partly my dad, I have no good friends at school, I have horrible grades, and what this whole thread is about not being able to be me.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #46
Love_the_Heartless

Quote:
No, I mean, what does it do for you? What emotion does it replace?
Thats hard to explain. It dosent really replace an emotion it just makes everything feel right. It makes me feel better and gets rid of this sort of pressure thats always on me.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #47
angleangel_doom

Just remember that theres a fine line between being goth, emo and just plain reatarded.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #48
bunnicula

Quote:

You might want to research the history of Christianity. Start with Zoroastrianism, which is at the root of Christianity, which started somewhere in the middle east. (forgive my vagueness, but I'm not exactly sure of the date, place, etc.) Zoroastrianism is one of the earliest (if not THE earliest) dualistic religions, which emphasizes good (GOD) and evil (DEVIL). Learning how something started, and the fact that there was a time when it didn't exist, and a time when it was new, puts things in a new perspective.

Right now I am interested in Pre-Christian religions, especially Celtic and Pagan spirituality. It's interesting that all of our Christian holidays are really just disguised Pagan holidays. Christmas= Winter Solstice, Easter= various spring fertility rituals, Halloween= Samhain. ( I know this is obvious to some, but I'm always surprised to find out how little so many people know!)
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #49
maggot

Quote:
You should think about what you're doing, how it makes you feel, and what healthier alternatives could be.
Keep in mind that some people are just masochistic. I, myself, like shallow cuts once in a while, and needles. The needles for shots (hypodermic?) feel good too. I suppose it's just how the brain works, and is purely mental.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #50
maggot

Definately. If its a way of dealing with problems, then those problems should be fixed, not bled out.