Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #26
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
I bet that 75% of the dudes and dudettes that listens to HIM wouldn't have listened to them at all if the singer wasn't pretty in their eyes.

Haha. How right you are! I love me some tall skinny white guy, but he's a bit gangly looking for me.

My navy guy and I were just talking about H.I.M. and why we like him last night/this morning. (It was really late.)

I like H.I.M. for their "power ballad" style of music. But that's about it. I'm not a hopeless/depressed romantic (or a romantic by any stretch of the imagination), so I don't really pay attention to the lyrics. Mostly how the notes he sings compliments the melodies his band plays. He has a very interesting singing voice. Interesting and almost "uniquish" like Nine Simone's voice is unique. (IMO)

As for Valo himself, I wouldn't be suprised if it's true and his music has been getting him down. When you feel- you feel hard! And a lot of people link their depression to alcohol and drug abuse. I know I did when I was younger. If it's a publicity stunt- then he fucked it all up by choosing Promises Rehab as his institutuion of choice.

You have to admit that since knowing of Britney and Lohan's stints there and seeing them now- it's kind of hard to take anyone who goes there seriously.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #27
honeythorn

I'm going to see HIM next week. It will be refreshing to see Ville do a show sober as opposed to mumbling gibberish. I am hoping this show will be better.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #28
Spike the Decadent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
I bet that 75% of the dudes and dudettes that listens to HIM wouldn't have listened to them at all if the singer wasn't pretty in their eyes.
Well i would not be classified in that bracket. I am in love with the whole darkhopeless romantic thing cuz I've always been that way.
And like the other person was saying, I like them big rock ballads.
Alothough after thinking about the original post for a bit. I started thinking sarcasticly...

Poor Ville! All those woman screaming you name cuz they want you dick!
Poor Ville, your a rockstar and your all depressed cuz you had to write such a deep album. It must be soooo hard!!! awwww!

Kinda makes me wanna smack him around a little.
I mean, I don't know what kinda life the guy has had. But from where I am at and what I know. I'd trade places.
MORE WHORES AND BOOZE PLEASE!
Spike the Decadent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #29
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike the Decadent
Well i would not be classified in that bracket. I am in love with the whole darkhopeless romantic thing cuz I've always been that way.
And like the other person was saying, I like them big rock ballads.
Alothough after thinking about the original post for a bit. I started thinking sarcasticly...

Poor Ville! All those woman screaming you name cuz they want you dick!
Poor Ville, your a rockstar and your all depressed cuz you had to write such a deep album. It must be soooo hard!!! awwww!

Kinda makes me wanna smack him around a little.
I mean, I don't know what kinda life the guy has had. But from where I am at and what I know. I'd trade places.
MORE WHORES AND BOOZE PLEASE!

If you really had his job, I'm not so sure you'd love it. there's a lot of high stress things that go on before, during, after, and between the performances, and albums. Same for anyone in the celebrity bracket really. Be glad you're an average joe/jane. It's really not that glamorous.

My crappy Myspace
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I mean, I don't know what kinda life the guy has had.
Then shut your mouth.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #31
Spike the Decadent

that would be me being put in my place...
I can deal with that.

To the other charming dear though.

I've dreamed all my life about being big in entertainment. Have not gotten anywhere. I've never had enough focus to stick to one thing. I get to distracted to aquire much talent anywhere.
I still think I'd be much happier a rockstar, then where I've ended up. And not just so much for the fame. But to be able to create something artistic on a mass level and say; "I did that. That's mine."
That sorta thing.
I've struggled with depression and addiction a good part of my life.
I could deal with it.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #32
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
that would be me being put in my place...
I can deal with that.

To the other charming dear though.

I've dreamed all my life about being big in entertainment. Have not gotten anywhere. I've never had enough focus to stick to one thing. I get to distracted to aquire much talent anywhere.
I still think I'd be much happier a rockstar, then where I've ended up. And not just so much for the fame. But to be able to create something artistic on a mass level and say; "I did that. That's mine."
That sorta thing.
I've struggled with depression and addiction a good part of my life.
I could deal with it.

It's nice that you have that optimism, but even the happiest campers get worn down in entertainment. I was the happiest person in the universe when I started, then I just got worn down. It's a very competitive arena and even the fiercest competitors get tired and stressed. I'm sure you'll find something you love enough to stick with and hopefully it will take you far. Hopefully it won't be in the limelight of the netertainment industry. It's not pretty how they suck you dry.

My crappy Myspace
Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 AM   #33
Spike the Decadent

Well thank you for the kind words darling. I have some ideas cooking up. Kinda to early and little scared to talk about them, but we will see.

Plus I don't see how they can suck me when I am already dry. I did I mention I was divorced, right? lol!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #34
CountSixstring

This thread is fucking retarded.
CountSixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #35
Daegonna Nocturnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSixstring
This thread is fucking retarded.
Agreed ...
Daegonna Nocturnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #36
Godslayer Jillian

It's more retarded to resurrect a thread from over a year ago to say it's retarded.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote