Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #26
edible_eye

i'll take c.) consumption by a lake of fire moments after our boys and girls are in the air to come home.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:58 AM   #27
CptSternn

How can you give soemthing you don't have? The current administration has taken away more rights than you ever had - how can it promise free elections, right to practice religion, and other liberties when it doesn't even offer them in their own country? How can it give them a healthcare system when it's own is in such a state that only 15% of the people in your own country can afford it?

How can it promise things that you americans don't even have at home? I mean, did I miss the meemo? Was hunger, poverty, healthcare, and homelessness wiped out in america? Is everyone there living the good life now? I must have missed that.

See, when I first started aruging this here, back in last September, I was a minority. Since then, a majority of americans now back the statements I make, reflected in recent polls. So before you start in with all the good your doin in Iraq, remember, now, not som many people beleive ye anymore. Your a small minority who thinks things are actually going good, with literally hundreds dying a week there now.

So tell me, care to make a wager on how long before the us forces turn tail and run like they did in vietnam?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:34 AM   #28
Binkie

Yeah, yeah, yeah... We'll get back to dismantling your cliche propaganda here in a sec, Sternn. First, answer my question. A or B?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:23 AM   #29
CptSternn

The fact you try and force a choice shows the error of your argument. I would never force any choices on a sover nation. It is for them, and them alone to decide. The fact you want to dictate their way of life, and fit it into pre-defined parameters shows the kind of controlling person you are. It's not my decision to make, and it sure as hell is not yours or anyone elses either.

The decision about the way of life the people there have should come from the people who actually live there, and not from people half a world away.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #30
Binkie

You support the Iraqis deciding for themselves? Good, cause that's what the US is doing there - throwing out a cruel dictator so they can decide for themselves how they want to live. Thanks for showing your support for US action. You are a true American, Sternn. Your support of the Iraq War is finally coming unveiled.

"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 06-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #31
edible_eye

ministry of thought...

Old 06-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #32
CptSternn

See, you say thats what yout trying to do, but guess what, installing a puppet government is just the opposite. The people know it, which is why 1,700 troops and counting are dead.

The people won't sit by a let you and your kind take over. The one thing your going to need alot more of is men, and an insane amount of bodybags to hold those men.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:47 PM   #33
Binkie

S'pretty funny, coming from someone who just said they support the US effort in Iraq. Next thing you know, you're going to be riding around with a US flag attached to your bike.