Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:53 AM   #26
UltraNEO*

gimme ya best shot...

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:58 AM   #27
SilentScreams

Okay I'm lost now...
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:11 AM   #28
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreams
Okay I'm lost now...

lost.....why?.....

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #29
IlGato_DiDiablo

Happy Birthday Mortalitas !! I don't really know you but still i'm a nice person!

*Thinks of getting a blood flavored frosting for her cake?*
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #30
insanityofhumanity44

in today's society, the only way to be "cool" is to be "uncool"
the only way to be "truely uncool" is to be "cool" which means to be "uncool"

the conformists have set a trap!

(p.s: happy birthday mortalitas!

and if this post does not make any sense, forgive me. i'm running on an hour of sleep and 3 cups of coffee.)
insanityofhumanity44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #31
Tall One In Black

SilentScreams,
I think your post drew flames because you called it the "ultimate" guide and you began by calling all the readers "cunts." Methinks that made you sound a wee bit pretentious.

And most of us don't like pretentious posters.

Personally, I also have a problem with any so-called ultimate guide that's filled with spelling errors.

We're all irritated by the ignorant children whining "How can I be goth?" But please wait until you have established a presence on this board - 10 posts doesn't cut it - before you dispense the pretentious advice.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #32
SilentScreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
SilentScreams,
I think your post drew flames because you called it the "ultimate" guide and you began by calling all the readers "cunts." Methinks that made you sound a wee bit pretentious.

And most of us don't like pretentious posters.

Personally, I also have a problem with any so-called ultimate guide that's filled with spelling errors.

We're all irritated by the ignorant children whining "How can I be goth?" But please wait until you have established a presence on this board - 10 posts doesn't cut it - before you dispense the pretentious advice.
Okay have typed this reply a countless number of times and for some reason it will not go through. So now I'm trying with Firefox:

Yes yes I know. The "ultimate" part in the title was intended as an adjective so simply bring more attention to the "How to be GOTH GUIDE". The reason "How to be GOTH GUIDE" is in quotation marks is referring to the "ignorant children whining "How can I be goth?" and not as in "This is everything you must do to be goth."

Also, calling the readers cunts is intended for the said "whiney children", as they were the target audience. However, none of the repliers are of that categorie. If you were offended by this than I am quite sorry, as it was misguided.

Also, I realise that because of this I sound pretentious. While I do not see how calling the readers cunts makes me sound pretentious, I do see how the post in general might. But the advice was meant to be in a ranting way, and not as a "DO THIS TO BE GOTH AS HELL!!!" sort of way. I do realise that there is a "Fuck Off and Die" section on these boards for that very reason that was unaware to me when i was typing this. I apologise for that.

In conclusion: THIS WHOLE THREAD WAS STARTED AS SATIRE! And I will now post such thing in the "Fuck Off and Die" section.

Hope this clears things up.

Sorry for all the confusion and idioticness on my part,
Ian
Old 01-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #33
SilentScreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
I thought it was just satire. meh.
I just noticed that in your post. Yes it was satire, and it seems your the only person so far that has understood that. I admire you for that.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #34
Tall One In Black

Quote:
In conclusion: THIS WHOLE THREAD WAS STARTED AS SATIRE!
If you meant your post to be satirical, then surely you meant it for the non-babybat readers. After all, the babybats would not understand the satire.

However, you started your post with "kiddies for all you cunts who are new to the scene and need some fashion tips."

So... you addressed your posts to the stupid babybats, but then you wrote a satirical post meant for the more intelligent, mature goths. That, I believe, led to some misunderstanding.

It's an unfortunate fact that this board tends to be wary of newcomers and is, in my opinion, far too quick to hack down a newbie. When I joined, I thought I was treading lightly, but my, oh, third day or so, I got called a "fucker" and had two or three other people slash me up a bit.

Moral is... you probably shouldn't have made the post that began this thread. But the reaction was probably a little too severe. I'd suggest dropping it now. But hang around and post where you feel like it, and this little hiccup will be forgotten about soon enough.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #35
winged_dreams

Yeah, what TOIB said.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #36
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
I'd suggest dropping it now. But hang around and post where you feel like it, and this little hiccup will be forgotten about soon enough.

I think it was in the bag and headed for the truck quite a few posts ago... *grins* Although your eloquence is poise are inspiring ToiB... *heart you*

Silent, I appreciate your change in maturity and understanding. Thank you.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #37
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Okay.... In conclusion: THIS WHOLE THREAD WAS STARTED AS SATIRE! And I will now post such thing in the "Fuck Off and Die" section.

Hope this clears things up.

Sorry for all the confusion and idioticness on my part,
Ian
Oh I know...

*laffs*

there's so many posts on how to be & not to be... (fuck! i'm confused.. what am i?) but i have a Question yep! that's correct! a mutha fuckin' question!

Now I'm a person that doesn't go about slapping labels on people, if you wanna call yaself a goth, punk, chav, kev, trace, bitch, whore, slapper or anything u like, i ain't gonna stop ya. If you wanna dye it green, blue, pink, yellow, orange, dress blindingly bright, wear a bow, cuddle a teddy, look like a complete tool! that's fine too, cause i ain't gonna judge you. But seeing we're all professionals here, can someone please cleaner this up for me...

Define, what's a goth? (Preferably In your own words)
and keep it clean...

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
Old 01-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #38
UltraNEO*

I'z been on this forum for a few days, maybe a couple. I can't remember (either too much beer or not enough. probably the latter.) But it seems there's always someone telling you what is and isn't goth.

My point being "does it really matter?" Personally, i don't give a rats ass, but it seems Silent is all for it, he/she's like a QA agent for Goths. We have quality assurance?

Old 01-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #39
Nemesis

Yes it is for wannabes! That is the whole fuckin point! Why the hell would anyone who is already goth give a shit about a guide how to be goth?!

God damn yall are fuckin idiots!

O right IM the idiot am I, well im not the one trying to tell everybody what goth is, am I.
how to be goth guides are normally rubbish and say nothing about the subcultures and are aimed at people who want to be poseurs
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #40
Deadly Whispers

Red face

[i]Define, what's a goth? (Preferably In your own words)
and keep it clean...[i]

goth means to see the beauty in both life and death
Deadly Whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #41
UltraNEO*

Thanks for your understanding, Santarea. ^^
I'm sorry if at time my english isn't up to other people's standards and expectations, esp my grammar. However, it doesn't give them the right to take the piss!

Any way meaning for "satire" - for those that need it.
(you might like to wear some shades, it's a bit bright!)

Old 01-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #42
WolfMoon

It was a stupid thread to begin with. I really didn't give two shits whether it was satire or not. We normally point potential gothlings in the direction of 'Goth With A Sledgehammer' and 'Gothic Charm School' (See also 'Goth Test', do a google). If they show potential, we call dibs on who discovered them! Er,.........yeah.................

We really don't need a thread to make fun of 'n00bz'. We flame 'em where we finds 'em.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #43
Bete Noire

" We flame 'em where we finds 'em." It's true. I have the scars...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:17 AM   #44
Arc_Avalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Whispers
[i]Define, what's a goth? (Preferably In your own words)
and keep it clean...[i]

goth means to see the beauty in both life and death
Hey, everybody has their own opinion. Even though mine happens to be on the line with yours, it doesn't mean it's the ultimate truth. I can see why many people try to define goth; I've even done so myself countless times. But, you know, it,s just something that can't be defined, because it's different for each person. Nobody can tell you you're not in love, you just have to know. It's kind of like that. However, what can be easily defined is a poser; not just in the goth scene, but in any. A poser is someone that tries to become part of a certain scene because they want to be accepted.

But what if you're called a poser? Oh, dear lord! What ever have I done to deserve this title! You shouldn't really care about people calling you a poser, because you know you're not, and that's all that matters. If you had sex with a celebrity and no one believed you, would it matter? And just keep in mind that people who call people names like that are usually just insecure little people that didn't grow up. That's all I have to say on that.
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #45
WolfMoon

Can we please just let this one R.I.P.???

I hate this thread.

edit: Arc_Avalo is a posuer. Yes, just deal with it.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #46
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
So, who wants to bet that 75% of arc's total posts deal with the definition of gothic? Asking for one or trying to give his own, I mean.

Knock it off. Seriously.

Only 75%? *yet another roll of the eyes attributed to dear old Arc*
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 01-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #47
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Only 75%? *yet another roll of the eyes attributed to dear old Arc*
You should take a peek at how many times I had to delete the same lame Goth 101 thread he was trying to post in Whining this morning, and my increasingly irritated delete messages which completely escaped his notice somehow.

Not the way I wanted to start my day.

After the THIRD time, I pm'ed him and asked him to post his Gawthy Goth wisdom in Goth with a Sledgehammer or one of the other Gawthy threads. I believe he ended up posting it in Goth in Less than 1 Hr. in Whining instead.

I tried to explain that his obsession with Gawthy Gawthdom was more than a bit tiresome, but I fear it had little effect.

Le Sigh.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #48
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
It was a stupid thread to begin with. I really didn't give two shits whether it was satire or not. We normally point potential gothlings in the direction of 'Goth With A Sledgehammer' and 'Gothic Charm School' (See also 'Goth Test', do a google). If they show potential, we call dibs on who discovered them! Er,.........yeah.................

We really don't need a thread to make fun of 'n00bz'. We flame 'em where we finds 'em.
Sorry been away. Flamin' n00bz huh, sounds fun!

Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #49
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
You should take a peek at how many times I had to delete the same lame Goth 101 thread he was trying to post in Whining this morning, and my increasingly irritated delete messages which completely escaped his notice somehow.

Not the way I wanted to start my day.

After the THIRD time, I pm'ed him and asked him to post his Gawthy Goth wisdom in Goth with a Sledgehammer or one of the other Gawthy threads. I believe he ended up posting it in Goth in Less than 1 Hr. in Whining instead.

I tried to explain that his obsession with Gawthy Gawthdom was more than a bit tiresome, but I fear it had little effect.

Le Sigh.

Well, it's difficult to break through to a mind so "shrouded" in...uh... goth?
...Maybe we should ask him to stop dying his hair, it's leaking into the skull.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:11 AM   #50
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Well, it's difficult to break through to a mind so "shrouded" in...uh... goth?
...Maybe we should ask him to stop dying his hair, it's leaking into the skull.
Oh Sanctus *holds sides and wipes tears from eyes*, perfect as always. I thoroughly enjoy you.