Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #26
Tall One In Black

My co-workers thought I was 4-5 years younger than I actually am, possibly because they're mostly 4-5 years younger than I am. I don't really know what Joe Q. Public thinks about my age.

Whether or not I get carded when ordering drinks depends mainly on location - I never get carded in D.C., but always do in Virginia.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #27
She_Is_My_Sin

I got mistaken for an 11 year old...& I've been mistaken for an 18 year old. I'm 15, but I guess the 11 thing was because I'm short.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #28
Vorsuc

Mrs Vorsuc got ID-ed for an 18 movie recently... she's 28. Personally I say the bloke was just hitting on her
Vorsuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:09 PM   #29
mortalitas incomitatus

at my 22nd a few weeks back the average age ppl thought i was turning was 26/27
i've been id'ed bout 10 times since i was 14 and started hitting the clubs.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #30
ThinkDifferent

Funny. Tall one in black, drinking. HaHaHaHaHa. For your benifit, don't post pictures of your self.
ThinkDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #31
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDifferent
Funny. Tall one in black, drinking. HaHaHaHaHa. For your benifit, don't post pictures of your self.

For your benEfit, learn how to spell before you attempt the whole typing with your nubed monkey fingers.. ass load.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #32
Pathogen.

37. Come March 3rd, I'll be 38. And yet I look younger than that. Most people say I look 25. Others mistake me for someone 21. Either way, I don't look like someone my age.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #33
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Just what the FUCK is that supposed to mean?

Why are you back again if you are just going to be hateful?

Can't you manage just to interact without slamming someone?

Is it really that painful?

Sigh.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #34
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Just what the FUCK is that supposed to mean?

Why are you back again if you are just going to be hateful?

Can't you manage just to interact without slamming someone?

Is it really that painful?

Sigh.

His anal warts are painful... that could be what's causing the hostility?
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #35
Disfunction

I'm 19 goin' on 14, I say.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:29 AM   #36
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Tall One is much beloved here, for having intelligence, personality, charm, humor, and beautifully elegant looks.

You, however, possess none of these traits. Unless you somehow manage to get one point for being good-looking - but seeing as you won't post a picture of yourself, I wouldn't even give you that much.

Tall One will post as many pictures as she pleases, and we will love her for it.

So, fuck off.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #37
Tall One In Black

"This message is hidden because ThinkDifferent is on your ignore list."

But then I see the awesome people defending me. Seems TD said something mean about me! Let me think about what my reaction to that might be...

*crickets*

Nope. Don't care.

Thank you, everyone, for having my back.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #38
Disfunction

Quote:
For your benefit, I have provided you with a time intensive strategy on how to not be an idiot.

There are several options available to you, the first of which that came to mind was suicide, but I'd suggest not as someone out there, though the odds from the members of this board's perspective a seemingly low, might miss you. Another is to read your screen name over and over again, perhaps even ignoring the grammatically incorrect latter portion (of course, think is a verb, and an adjective is not an appropriate modifier and all). Then contemplate "Just who is actually going to give a shit about my opinion?" If the response is "A bunch of users who don't really care to see me attempting to harass a fellow user who has actually developed a good reputation on the website" it might be worth some deeper thought.

There's another option, but I don't think you'll be at all well-suited for it. It's called getting a life. Now, getting a life doesn't necessarily involve never signing on to the internet, nor does it particularly mean never coming on to gothic.net, but it certainly does mean that maybe you should find a better strategy for getting off. There's masturbation, there's having a sex life, and even getting a hobby like writing or building small wooden ships in bottles. Whatever you have in mind, just make sure that it's something that might spur on growth in you as a person as opposed to leaving you intellectually crippled to the extreme that your only source of entertainment is minor harassment of other users.

Just some thoughts, ya know?

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #39
Persephone Hazard

I've neer really looked my age-or felt it, for that matter. I was able to pass for twenty-three when I was thirteen. I was working in a pub at sixteen. I was never refused service for cigarettes or alcohol and I have been buying both frequently since the age of twelve. This is really going to *suck* when I'm fourty!

As to my current age...well, guess. Mwahahahaha.
Persephone Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #40
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone Hazard
I've neer really looked my age-or felt it, for that matter. I was able to pass for twenty-three when I was thirteen. I was working in a pub at sixteen. I was never refused service for cigarettes or alcohol and I have been buying both frequently since the age of twelve. This is really going to *suck* when I'm fourty!

As to my current age...well, guess. Mwahahahaha.
Don't they check your ID before hiring you? What's the legal age to work in a pub anyways?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #41
Ben Lahnger

I'm a little tired of things like this happening:

My girlfriends teenage daughters are having a conversation about age, and I make a comment about maturity not having any relation to physical age.

That's when the 16 year old asks, "So how old are you?" So I tell her that I am 47 years old.

And both of them scrunch up their faces in that 'ohmygodimsosurprised' look. And the 17 year old says "No way! We thought you were really old ... like 55!"

Cretinous mall slugs! ... *sigh*

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 02-22-2006 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling, time travel
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:33 AM   #42
dbloke

Ouch Ben - that must be painful to hear. I've never ever been told I look older than my age so far.

I bet my kids friends will do the same in 10 yrs and I'll be ready to kill 'em *laughs*
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #43
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
And both of them scrunch up their faces in that 'ohmygodimsosurprised' look. And the 17 year old says "No way! We thought you were really old ... like 55!"
Dear, the kidlings often mentally add a decade to the age of anybody over forty (sigh, I know this well). To Tender Youth anything over thirty seems dreadfully far away...

... And yet here we are, still young and gorgeous, with the added benefit of years of experience. They'll keep.

(Or you could do as I do... just point out how much better sex is these days.)
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #44
DrenchedInGin

HAHAHA!

But yes, actually (saucy wink)...
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #45
maggot

Ben, you from the First Generation? I mean, you are 47 and all.

Oh, and I'm 14.
How old would you people say I act? I don't very much seem to act my age..
I talk in odd vocal patterns.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:00 AM   #46
Nemesion

13. The perfect age in my opinion.
Nemesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:21 AM   #47
Ben Lahnger

As I've said recently in another thread, one of my new philosophies in life is: "Age ain't nothin' but a number, baby!'

Or, as a friend of mine once said, "It's not the years that matter, but the mileage!"

But seriously, I know people who are older than I am and haven't learned much about life and how to get along with others ... they haven't grown any in decades. Some people reach a point in life where they think they know everything they need to know ... they kinda get stuck. And I believe once you are no longer capable of change, you're already as good as dead.

Three things will make age irrelevant to you:

1) Always be open to new experiences, knowledge and change.

2) Always strive to get better at treating your fellow man as you would like to be treated.

3) Within the constraints of those two rules, be as good to your mind and body as you can.

Oh, and yes, it is absolutely true that sex gets better with age. The Act has transformed for me from five or ten minutes of furtive, rushed heat and quick fireworks to sessions of long, langorous, deliberate explorations that can last hours as my partner and I ride great waves of build-up and sessation, enjoying long peaks of passion and pleasure that so outweigh those early urgent couplings that I can't even explain the difference with simple words ... but I better stop before I have to jack this thread to "Sexuality"!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #48
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Ben, you from the First Generation? I mean, you are 47 and all.
Yep! Alice Cooper rulez! Heh, man, I was once so embarassed to have liked him ... but, hey, "I'm Eighteen" still rocks. "Welcome To My Nightmare", indeed. Also Black Sabbath, The Clash, The Ramones, The Damned and The Sex Pistols. And "A Clockwork Orange" amd "Harold and Maude" and other strange and dark 60's and 70's things.

Actually, before I was aware of any kind of culture, I loved Edgar Allen Poe ... not just for the mastery of his work, but for the dark, twisted, tormented outlook of his mind. Ditto for Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley "Dr. Strangelove (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)" Kubrick, Gahan Wilson, Charles Addams, Rod Serling, Leslie Stevens and Harlan Ellison. My Mom was a lifelong science fiction lover and Star Trek fan from the first day the show went on the air, so she always allowed us kids to explore things that would have horrified the mothers of other kids we knew. "Thank you, Mom!"

But people definitely get to be a lot more stylish now than then.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 AM   #49
Iriacynthe

A few weeks ago, I was talking with a 30 year old woman. She told me about all the funny adventures her children have in school. Suddenly, she asked me to which school my children go.

I'm 18.

I felt very, very old.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #50
Ben Lahnger

I think this sample idiotic coment along with the "How not to be an idiot" essay could be valauble part of "For the Newbies".

Nicely done, Disfunction!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,