Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #26
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Try NPR. brownishtext
The BBC is also very good, and the BBC Daily News is broadcast in the states on WYSE (I may be wrong on the network name). Anyway, it's a channel you'll get without cable.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #27
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
By any chance would that be like equating a criticism of Islam with racism against Arabs? Hypothetically speaking?
Yes, it would. But if you knew anything about Islam, you'd find nothing more (probably less) to criticize in the Qur’an than you would find in the Bible. Don't equate extremists with the mainstream of the religion. You don't see me criticizing mainstream Christianity for what Focus On The Family says.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #28
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Do you know what the definition of zionist is? It is one who believes they own the rights to the areas currently being fought over in the Middle East all because one of the jewish religious texts lays claim to it a few centuries ago. That is their whole case for all the strife they cause, old jewish texts written centuries ago. Thats the authority they use to kill thousands of innocent civilians, women, and children.

Thats what being a zionist is about.
From wikipedia (Bold added for emphasis):

Quote:
Zionism is partly based upon strong historical ties and religious traditions linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel, where the concept of Jewish nationhood first evolved somewhere between 1200 BCE and the late Second Temple era (i.e. up to 70 CE). The modern movement was mainly secular in its origins, beginning largely as a response by European Jewry to antisemitism across Europe. It is a branch of the broader phenomenon of modern nationalism.[5] At first one of several Jewish political movements offering alternative responses to the position of Jews in Europe, Zionism grew rapidly, and after the Holocaust became the dominant Jewish political movement.
Yes Sternn, Please continue to propose an answer from afar to complex and volatile political situation, while ignoring it's history and context.

Please continue to see the world around you in simple back and white, evil vs. good terms.

Please continue to spew ridiculous rhetoric.

Please continue to do all of these things, because as long as you do, no one with two brain-cells to rub together is ever going to listen to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #29
PortraitOfSanity

Sternn's always a little overboard with his political ideals, but the point is, the Israelis aren't innocent, and that's what they want the rest of the world to think. Every image presented to the West is that the Israelis are fighting a DEFENSIVE war and that they are victims of Muslim aggression. This is obviously not the case, as Israel is currently INVADING Gaza. Are the Israelis the "bad guys"? No, but they're not the good guys either.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #30
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Israel is playing into the hands of Hamas: Hamas was losing support among the moderate population, until Hamas launched 30 rockets in the past several months into Israel provoking a huge military reaction which killed civilians as well as militants, pushing the previously moderate people into supporting Hamas.

Had Israel continued to only assassinate the leaders "surgically", the majority, moderate population would have stayed conservative.

Now that the majority population has lost its economic and life support infrastructure because of the excessive retaliation, they have little choice but to support anyone who is fighting back, including the radical terrorists.

Israel has now promoted Hamas, granting them more power by its overkill.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
Mr. Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
From wikipedia (Bold added for emphasis):

Yes Sternn, Please continue to propose an answer from afar to complex and volatile political situation, while ignoring it's history and context.

Please continue to see the world around you in simple back and white, evil vs. good terms.

Please continue to spew ridiculous rhetoric.

Please continue to do all of these things, because as long as you do, no one with two brain-cells to rub together is ever going to listen to you.
I'd bet money that if the US didn't support the people of Israel, that Cpt. Sternn would be all in it for them. Head crammed deeply inside their assholes, criticizing the US for not aiding them.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
tekajo

Filth, are you implying that our dear Captain Sternn is anti-US? The man served in the US Army for fuck's sake...in GULF WAR I no less.

At least so we were told.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #33
Despanan

Cpt. Sterrn? Anti-U.S.?

How delightfully Absurd!

*Chortle Chortle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #34
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Israel is playing into the hands of Hamas: Hamas was losing support among the moderate population, until Hamas launched 30 rockets in the past several months into Israel provoking a huge military reaction which killed civilians as well as militants, pushing the previously moderate people into supporting Hamas.

Had Israel continued to only assassinate the leaders "surgically", the majority, moderate population would have stayed conservative.

Now that the majority population has lost its economic and life support infrastructure because of the excessive retaliation, they have little choice but to support anyone who is fighting back, including the radical terrorists.

Israel has now promoted Hamas, granting them more power by its overkill.
Actually israel broke the cease fire by killing six members of Hamas a couple weeks back, the day they launched the first rockets in six months as a response to the assassinations. The western media has been leaving this out and just saying that rockets were fired, not mentioning the targetted assassinations which broke the cease fire.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #35
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Filth, are you implying that our dear Captain Sternn is anti-US? The man served in the US Army for fuck's sake...in GULF WAR I no less.

At least so we were told.
It was the Navy.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #36
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
I'd bet money that if the US didn't support the people of Israel, that Cpt. Sternn would be all in it for them. Head crammed deeply inside their assholes, criticizing the US for not aiding them.
I am against any country which thinks it has the right to kill and maim civilians to further its own ego-maniacal goals.

I'm a Marxist. It's not about being for or against any particular nation, just ones who always seem to be on the wrong side of an argument.

Lets say for example a crack dealer in Harlem shot a white woman. If the police then called in the Military to carpet bomb the area would this be acceptable? Thats basically what your seeing now, except America is siding with the people who are killing innocent women and children.

And again, as I said in many previous threads, I'm not against America, but I do take issue with the policies of the American government. The bush administration tried that trick as well when bush ran against kerry, claiming anyone who questioned the war or American policy was anti-patriotic. I would argue anyone who doesn't question the current actions of America (or any actions in the future) are the ones who are not being patriotic. As Thomas Jefferson wrote, it is the duty of each and every citizen to question the government and its actions. Even in todays society, this statement still rings true.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #37
Necrophagist

Portrait, please, just stop typing. You clearly don't know anything.

Dani Filth failure, can you please go away? You can't argue at all and in fact are even worse than ms crowbar.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #38
The Brooding One

Yeah, those Hamas fighters are so "heroic" at launching rockets in proximity to non-terrorist related buildings that way it ensures civilian casualties when the Israeli counter punch comes their way.
The Brooding One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #39
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Portrait, please, just stop typing. You clearly don't know anything.
Can you point out where I was wrong? No, you can't.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #40
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brooding One
Yeah, those Hamas fighters are so "heroic" at launching rockets in proximity to non-terrorist related buildings that way it ensures civilian casualties when the Israeli counter punch comes their way.
Noone said Hamas was doing the right thing. But the Israelis end up killing more civilians in the end anyway.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #41
The Brooding One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Noone said Hamas was doing the right thing. But the Israelis end up killing more civilians in the end anyway.

I just don't understand why those civilians insist upon being in the areas where the launches are happening from. Can't they see the smoke trails and figure "hey, now would a good time for me to get the hell out of here"?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #42
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brooding One
I just don't understand why those civilians insist upon being in the areas where the launches are happening from. Can't they see the smoke trails and figure "hey, now would a good time for me to get the hell out of here"?
The rockets have smiley faces on the noses. It's an age-old trick to confuse your enemy into thinking that the rockets really contain candy, and not high explosives. Works every time...

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #43
Necrophagist

When frightened, logical reasoning is not the first thing that comes to mind. Why are you here?

Anyway Hamas's rockets are crap. Israel's attacks are completely disproportionate to a bunch of firecrackers.

I am the Antiproduct!

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #44
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
When frightened, logical reasoning is not the first thing that comes to mind. Why are you here?

Anyway Hamas's rockets are crap. Israel's attacks are completely disproportionate to a bunch of firecrackers.
You still didn't point out where I was wrong. I'm waiting.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #45
The Brooding One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
The rockets have smiley faces on the noses. It's an age-old trick to confuse your enemy into thinking that the rockets really contain candy, and not high explosives. Works every time...
Ba-dum-tsshhhhh!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #46
The Brooding One

Quote:

Well, those "firecrackers" as you call them are lethal when they hit an occupied area.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #47
Necrophagist

How many people have those rockets killed? Not much.

Israel started to bully Palestinians long before Hamas came to power, so don't blame him for this.

Portrait of Vanity - If Judaism is as multicultural as you suggest, then Judaism doesn't represent ethnic groups.

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #48
PortraitOfSanity

It is multicultural. You can follow the Jewish faith without being a member of the Jewish race.

"Portrait of Vanity"..... Man, that stings mate....

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #49
Necrophagist

Exactly. That's why I said it isn't racist to hate Judaism.

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #50
PortraitOfSanity

I didn't say it was.

You said that Jews were not an "ethnic party". (those are your exact words)

I said it was both a religion, and a race.

-Mr. Filth