Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #26
WolfMoon

Customer Rant

I understand the cellphone thing completely. I hate when I'm checking someone out and I have a huge line. But the person I'm currently trying to move on out is too damned concerned with talking to some dweeb on the phone to let me finish checking them out! I'm tired of having my lines held up by these creeps!

TallOne, you're my hero!

<3 <3 <3

I also hate not being acknowledged when I greet someone. They're sure ready to look for you when they're ready to get the fuck out of the store, though. Bah.

I get a lot of customers that think I'm new for some reason. I don't know why it bugs the shit out of me, it just does. I've been working at the same place for over 3 years. I get approached by people all the time that say things like:

Cust.:You must be new!

Me:No, I've worked here for 3 years.

Cust:But I've never seen you before and I'm in here all the time.

Me: I'm here all the time and I've never seen you.

Idiots!

I also hate having drunk guys hit on me while I'm working. They're normally not my type, even if I was single.

I hate being grabbed by customers too. Normally drunk.

I do, however have some pretty good relationships with most of my Photo regulars. One of them even bought me laundry soap, recently. I love when people give me things for no reason.

I can always 'lose' people's film if they are too annoying, though.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #27
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
I agree with you too RD, and it seems that even when you are nice to someone serving you, you will get shitty service...

I typically hate people but I still try to be nice... I know that when I am nice to a server usually at a restaurant, I get great service and they get a good 10 buck tip. That's the way the world spins.
I try to only go out when I can tip well.

I know that people live off of those tips. I hate assholes who only leave 2 or 3 dollar tips when they go somewhere nice. I leave more than that when I go to Denny's! If I get something cheap, I like to leave almost the price of the meal.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #28
Suiside_Kitty

I used to waitress at a pizza place, so I deffinitly know about the rude restaurant customers.

*shudder*

Just thinking of some of the crap those people put me through makes me want to go burn the whole place down. Employees and customers alike. I really can't tell who was worst most of the time.

Although.. I work at a hotel now.. and it's not any better. I guess when you're on the service end of any job, you're going to have to put up with ALOT of shit, no matter where you work. It sucks, but it pays the bills.
I can totally relate to ya there, Wolf. I get that lame ass ''are you new?'' question alllll the time. Funny thing is, I've been there for over two years now.

Asshats.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #29
Metatron

Now that I think of it, I have a severe lack of tolerance for stupid people and stuck-up, snotty nosed assholes. Those people that are just so incredibly upity and all-about-me that they say something horrendous to you, and all you can do is stare at them wondering if there really is a god. They suck.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #30
corporalaccident

Mmhm.

My main pet peeve is for people who believe they have some sort of artistic ability, when in reality, they suffer a complete and utter dearth of ANYTHING of the like. The worst, in my opinion, are fake poets. Honestly, people. Learn to embrace the english language and all of its grammatical glory before you pick up a pen and decide you can write, and not ONLY write, but be unfathomably deep, as well. Stoppit. Just, stoppit. Once you have a complete grasp of everything that is English, you may THEN begin to step outside the lines and claim you have a "poetic license" to do so. Until then, knock it off, you sillies.
corporalaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #31
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Being asked the same question 7 times from 7 different people.
I hate that too. Worse is when you're asked the same question 7 times by the same person.

I also hate it when people draw or write something and go on and on about how crap it is just so people will compliment them. It makes me feel like slapping them.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #32
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
I also hate it when people draw or write something and go on and on about how crap it is just so people will compliment them. It makes me feel like slapping them.
That reminds me of myself
But it's just that I sincerely cannot consider what I write as anything close to art, which reminds me of one of my majos pet peeves:
People that consider themselves artists.
I believe being a real artist is the second hardest thing to attain after falling in love, and I cannot see anyone that calls himself an artist as anything but a poseur

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #33
corporalaccident

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
My pet peeve are skeevy newbs that think they are the shit-end opinion on everthing.

I also hate self-deluted critics.

Oh, hey! How's it going Corporal?

Uhh... Just because I'm new doesn't mean I have no experience. I've been writing my entier life, I'm not a beginner. I'm just new HERE. Why am I so horrible for sharing my opinion? I apologize for having a pet-peeve, please forgive me. And, "deluted" isn't a word. What did you mean to say?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #34
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalaccident
I've been writing my entier life, I'm not a beginner.
Heh heh heh. Sorry. I just find it funny that you're correcting HER spelling when you've spelt "entire" wrong.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #35
corporalaccident

Wow... Okay first, yeah, it was lame of me to correct you while I myself spelled something wrong. Second...my pet-peeve wasn't supposed to make me sound like such a terrible person, it was meant to be more comical than that, and I figured some people could relate... I end up feeling like such a piece of crap every time I say something on this site, so I think I just might as well stop for now. You're all allowed to be uptight assholes, but I'm not allowed to complain. So, forget it. I quit.

I don't think I'm really that bad, and Metatron could probably defend me on that one---if you ever see this, E---, it's Castle. What's up chico. People hate me here. Uhm, if anyone cares to have a glimpse at the real me, my myspace is www.myspace.com/hour25. I'm out...

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 03-14-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #36
JuliaGaltic

*content sigh* I have yet to see anyone go head to head with Geisha and come out on top.

Woman, you have a beautiful mind...
Old 03-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #37
Reject_Bunnies

...Um,Corporal, have you looked in a mirror recently? You're white.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #38
corporalaccident

mmkay then i WON'T leave. and i'll stop pretending that i use capitols. because i never have, and i never want to again. blargh.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #39
corporalaccident

yeah i'm white. what does that have to do with anythinggggg
Old 03-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #40
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Wow... Okay first, yeah, it was lame of me to correct you while I myself spelled something wrong. Second...my pet-peeve wasn't supposed to make me sound like such a terrible person, it was meant to be more comical than that, and I figured some people could relate... I end up feeling like such a piece of crap every time I say something on this site, so I think I just might as well stop for now. You're all allowed to be uptight assholes, but I'm not allowed to complain. So, forget it. I quit. I don't think I'm really that bad, and Metatron could probably defend me on that one---if you ever see this, evan, it's Castle. What's up chico. People hate me here. Uhm, if anyone cares to have a glimpse at the real me, my myspace is www.myspace.com/hour25. I'm out...
Hey..

Look I am sorry you got off on the wrong foot with all of us.

We have had an influx of ignorance lately, and it's made all of us a sensitive..

I can't speak for Geisha, but I don't want to see anyone with half a brain run off of this site.

Your post was on topic, and I for one didn't see a problem with it.

Let's just start over and try this again without all of the venom.

Please?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #41
corporalaccident

ack... i'm sorry i said it. damn now i screwed everything over, i guess. rawr.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #42
corporalaccident

yeah i'm going to stay. but... i have a WHOLE brain, thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #43
Empty_Purple_Stars

It's a figure of speech..

I wasn't insinuating you had half a brain.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #44
corporalaccident

WOW. Why is it that I can't use uncapitolized letters? And I'm kind of questioning one more thing--how do your friends put up with you if you're this horrid on mere websites?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #45
Reject_Bunnies

Uncapitolized letters r dis crackhed wordz yo.
Holla autcho boi!!!11111
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #46
corporalaccident

Oh and P.S. Metatron I HEART YOU, and I'm sorry I said your name--I wasn't aware I couldn't do that. Uhm, see you soon. Tomorrow, actually. Don't hate me for life, kay? Thanks deary.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #47
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
WOW. Why is it that I can't use uncapitolized letters? And I'm kind of questioning one more thing--how do your friends put up with you if you're this horrid on mere websites?
Because you're defiling a beautiful, melodic language, THAT'S FUCKING WHY!!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #48
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Did you read my post, or simply choose to ignore it?

Just chill out a bit.

I also agree with Xng, your posts initially were chock full of proper grammar.

It would be GREAT if you could return to posting in a more literate fashion, because this IS a literary website.

If your friends with Meta, maybe you should consider his feelings before you act like a tool somewhere he likes to call home.

Just a thought.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #49
corporalaccident

Thanks for putting it in a nicer way, Empty_Purple_Stars. And, okay, Godslayer Jillian, how am I "defiling a beautiful, melodic, language"? Did it happen to slip your mind that one of the greatest poets of all TIME writes without capitols? His name is e.e. cummings. Ever heard of him? God, I hope you have.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #50
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Thanks for putting it in a nicer way, Empty_Purple_Stars. And, okay, Godslayer Jillian, how am I "defiling a beautiful, melodic, language"? Did it happen to slip your mind that one of the greatest poets of all TIME writes without capitols? His name is e.e. cummings. Ever heard of him? God, I hope you have.

I was nice the first, second and third time.

*sigh*

Also, ee cummings was a poet. You really can't compare your sudden lack of proper grammar and punctuation to his style of writing. His lack of grammar and sentence structure had a point. Yours does not.

It wouldn't be so irritating if you had been mucking up the English language all along, but you managed to be quite eloquent initially. Which is why I spoke up in the first place.

Why don't you go find another thread to contribute to for now, and let this one cool off?