Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #26
Godslayer Jillian

Drinking acid to counteract anti-acid is a bad reason for drinking acid, fact.
Haha, let me be, I'm still not allowed to go out and I'm bored.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #27
Vyvian Blackthorne

and now:
"the antichrist very soon annihilates the three. 27 years of his war will last."
-Nostrodamus.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #28
MollyMac

two wrongs don't make a right; but two Wrights did make an airplane; and two lefts can make a U-Turn
Old 02-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #29
Cyntrox

Haha, MollyMac, that's awesome! I'll do as is the custom here, and add it to my signature...
Old 02-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #30
MollyMac

Thank you, I'm here all night (rather, i'm here in between bouts of Pride 33)... please, tip your waitress.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #31
manequin

dirty wanabee emo scum. All I have to say on the matter. Oh sorry no it isn't I also want to say: go away and Go listen to some song about how shit life is and feel sorry for yourself then at least one person will.
manequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #32
Delicate_Torture

Aww.. leave the Emo's alone. It isn't their fault that the whole world is against them and that they are so sensitive that it upsets them so much that they cry at the drop of a hat. Poor lil Emo's. There, there.

http://www.sponsor_an_emo.org
http://www.emos_are_people_too.net
Old 02-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #33
angel_1991

What The Fuck is up with all of you people??!!?? Cutters don't always do it for attention! I did it for over 3 years and not a single person knew about it until then end of 2005! I did it to rid myself of emotional pain. I didn't want anyone to know about it. Now does that sound like attention seeking? NO! So instead of harrassing pepole about it, why don't you take time out of your pathetic lives and ask how the person is doing? Oh wait, never mind, you would never do that! You're to stuck up with your go-damn selves and to busy putting other people down for the way they dress or who they think they are! Leave people the hell alone if all you're going to do is harrass!! You're just making their lives worse with your disgusting insults!

To the person who madethis bullentin: Get help. I didn't realize how addicting cutting is until I was hospitalized for 10 days and how much i wanted to cut over and over again. Once I was released I thought tha I would be able to start over and move on in life, but I relapsed within a month. But you really need to start seeking help before you go to far and slip up and kill yourself.
angel_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #34
Amledo

Location: Cruddy little town in the heart of midwestern farm country
Note: the person who made this thread clearly wanted the attention, good or bad. Sure, cutting yourself and not telling anyone about it, well that dictates a need for help. But publicly declaring oneself as a cutter seems like a shamelss ploy for attention which thereby discredits those people who have a genuine problem and are too afraid to come out and admit it because they have heard what people have said to the ones who just do it for attention. So there. I have thought about things and though I am inhumane in my delivery I do know which is which, never tell me how to post my replies again when you can't even introduce yourself first. Thank you.
Amledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #35
bleedingheart344

Angel, sorry to make you look like an ass, but this poster was joking.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #36
manequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_1991
What The Fuck is up with all of you people??!!?? Cutters don't always do it for attention! I did it for over 3 years and not a single person knew about it until then end of 2005! I did it to rid myself of emotional pain. I didn't want anyone to know about it. Now does that sound like attention seeking? NO! So instead of harrassing pepole about it, why don't you take time out of your pathetic lives and ask how the person is doing? Oh wait, never mind, you would never do that! You're to stuck up with your go-damn selves and to busy putting other people down for the way they dress or who they think they are! Leave people the hell alone if all you're going to do is harrass!! You're just making their lives worse with your disgusting insults!

To the person who madethis bullentin: Get help. I didn't realize how addicting cutting is until I was hospitalized for 10 days and how much i wanted to cut over and over again. Once I was released I thought tha I would be able to start over and move on in life, but I relapsed within a month. But you really need to start seeking help before you go to far and slip up and kill yourself.
no not all cutters do it for attetion but ones who do so and post it world wide on the internet mmost certainly are.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #37
angel_1991

You have me there, but why discriminate them? Why not ask bfore you insult?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #38
manequin

Quote:
You have me there, but why discriminate them? Why not ask bfore you insult?
sorry for any upset my comment might have caused but I know people who cut with real isuses and problems and it really pisses me off to see some kid think it's all a bit of fun and that having a boring name justifies a hobby (if you can call it that) like cutting yourself. I know a kid who tried to hang himself he had so many problems (no lie) so don't think me unkind. Just unsympathetic for wannakes

oh yeah and I couldn't care less how people dress. It's there choice
Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #39
angel_1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amledo
Note: never tell me how to post my replies again when you can't even introduce yourself first. Thank you.
Well would you like me to introduce myself? My Name is Alyssa, short and boring. And I was never telling you how to post I was suggesting to EVERYBODY (not just you, although you make think everything is directed towards you)
Old 02-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #40
Godslayer Jillian

We have had many cutters. Most regulars that used to cut realize how stupid that was.
The ones that are not regular and confess about their self-harming tendencies do get positive criticism and advice.
But when someone makes a thread with a smiley of 'coolness' (the one with the glasses) saying that he will keep doing it no matter what his mommy says about it; what do you think we'll say about that?
This is the second worst cry for help I remember seeing in this forum after that 'Kendra666GothGirl' said she wanted to slit her grandparents' throats because they didn't allow her to dress like a slut.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #41
Amledo

Location: Cruddy little town in the heart of midwestern farm country
I don't think that everything is directed towards me. I'm not some coniving little egotist who shows up and tells everyone what to do, I unlike you, do not believe that I can just show up and begin giving people who have been here much longer than me lessons in politeness. It's nice that you've completely disregarded what was said in the beginning of my post, this proving your foolishness. And if I thought that everything was about me, then why the hell would I take the time to explain myself to people who clearly don't get it? I may come across sounding smug and superior, but that is because I have a good vocabulary, and I know how to use it. Again, this does not make everything about me. I was only speaking for myself in my response because I do not have the history here that the others do and it is not my place to speak for them. Again, I am irked.
Amledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #42
Delicate_Torture

Quote:

I don't think that anyone actually said that cutting and various other self-harming behaviours were done only for attention. I think that if you re-read the posts in the thread you may realise that people were stating that logging onto a Goth website and stating that you 'cut yourself, your mother doesn't like it and you don't care' etc IS attention seeking behaviour. That is where the derision and the 'fuck you' attitudes come in.

Actually, you should be pissed at Broken for starting this thread the way that s/he did because it actually patronises and cheapens the struggle that people who do self-harm for emotional and psychological reasons go through.

There are people out there (and in here) who self-harm for very real reasons. The person who started this thread is taking their pain and suffering to the level of a joke. Be angry at that person, not at those who are calling that person pathetic.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #43
MollyMac

Anyone that posts on the interweb about cutting wants attention- that being said, the attention could be for the sake of itself and some pathetic need; or it could be an actual cry for help. they are easy to distinguish between.

I have been doing self-help forums and hotlines for cutters, sexual assault, spousal abuse and eating disorders for a long, long time. You can tell who is looking for help and who is looking for play.

The poster here is a troll. Nothing more, and probably less. Another person posted about her situation earlier and received helpful replies. Why? Because anyone with two braincells that occasionally strike each other to form a thought can tell who is more likely to be in need of the help oriented attention and not just a bitch slap.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #44
MotherofMercies

Cutting means you suck at life. That's it. That's said. Now let the thread die.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 AM   #45
Mir

I cut myself today... peeling potatoes. =(
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #46
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherofMercies
Anyone want to pop a bubble?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #47
Aude Sapere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken*
look I was in a pissy mood when I posted this and Delicate u r right I do it because people pay attention to me and my name is Amanda a bland boring name but never the less a name I wish it was Lorianna or Chirty but w/e call me Mandi yeah I'll just fuck off now
If you want any sort of respect, at all, then you can start by acctually making sense. Grammer is a virtue.

Fuck off, please do.
Aude Sapere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #48
Temptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherofMercies
No, don't let it die, I pratically died of laughter from reading this whole thread. hahaha
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #49
Graveyard.Crow

I just kind of assumed it was a joke but the newby factor kind of makes me think otherwise
Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #50
LegendGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aude Sapere
...Grammer is a virtue.

Errrmm....I think you mean "Grammar", and I couldn't agree more.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote