Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #5026
Versus

Does drawing your duty pistol violate escalation of force?

Either way, try this.

I haven't done anything more then play with it in the store, but I felt it was of alright quality. Also, I hear Camlock is pretty good.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #5027
Murder.Of.Crows

That's the thing, we're not giving pistols, but need to do the yearly certs for them none the less. I get a radio. That's it. Maybe we'll be able to convince the command to issue us crap, but i see that will probably take a long time.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #5028
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Yeah those are pretty damn cool, but i don't have a use for them. Wish this site sold batons, i need one of those.
Batons are cool... I kinda like the fact that the tips can shatter knee caps. would you get a telescopic one?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #5029
Murder.Of.Crows

Yeah, there is a 21 inch asp on there that would be perfect. No, other units in the area have full gear, but ours is considered a joke anyways, being a reserve branch. Still, i would actually like to be able to do my full job.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #5030
Versus

I get issued retarded shit, too. If you're serious about your job, fork over $600 for a Glock in whatever size and caliber you prefer.

Or stop being reserve.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #5031
Murder.Of.Crows

good advice. Trying to get into college at the moment though, so i figured reserve would be the best choice. I'll probably end up buying a Beretta 92fs, though.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #5032
Versus

I wouldn't recommend a 92, especially over a Glock. Do whatever is comfortable for you and fits your philosophy of use, though.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #5033
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I'm kind of annoyed that whenever I try to find tactical gear reviews, they are mostly made by people who use the stuff for paint ball and air soft.
I can't think of any practical use for the knuckles at all (Not even punching shit - That's what your butt-stock is for.), and they wear from heavy use just like all gloves do. Rips in the fingers of $70 gloves are a lot harder to replace then the same in $10 gloves.

They usually fit pretty well, though.
I never thought about that when I used to go airsofting, I guess most of the reviews are from those people. Not particularly surprising I suppose, a lot of people that airsoft are into soldier dress up more than the actual game. Plus many of those people are into US gear, even over here, so that probably makes it even harder to find reviews by soldiers.
I actually have those gloves. Knuckles are useless but the gloves are a very good fit and I liked the thickness of them. Also they held together much better than some of the other gloves I tried and I got them second hand so the price was better. Still use them for clay shooting. But like you said, the level of use they get is nothing compared to what you'd be using them for.

If you're buying your own gear and second hand stuff is suitable, maybe it would be worth a look at things from airsofters? Some people get bored with expensive gear really quickly so it's possible to find almost unused things for much better prices.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #5034
Murder.Of.Crows

Accursed computer broke my photoshop, had to use ms paint for my new avatar. Curse you Microsoft to the very deepest depths of hell for creating such a shitty program.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #5035
Solumina

It is cold, I'm still sleepy and there is nothing to do. Seriously I've been here for well over an hour and the only person I have seen is the housekeeping lady. Fuck this shit we should have shorter hous in Sunday, the only people who stay here this time of year spend most of the day at church anyway.

Also fuck maintenance, they ordered our heater weeks ago and keep saying that it isn't here yet. Jake has seen it in your god damn building just sitting there , it has been there for at least four days. Put the damn thing in already, I'm tired of wearing gloves at work.

I'm a bit cranky, cold mornings do that to me, sorry.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #5036
Murder.Of.Crows

where are you? At first i imagined you in some sort of mansion, now it's the hotel in The Shining.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #5037
Solumina

I work at a timeshare resort in Williamsburg, Va. It's actually not a bad gig most of the time, hell most days I actually really like it, I just usually work evenings but we are way understaffed and one of the girls has classes Sunday and Monday mornings (actually I think it is her internship on Sundays but either way it is school related) and the other woman is super religious and wont work Sundays, so here I am, but I get first pick of shifts once we bring in the seasonal people starting in April, though I think I'll keep Fridays and Saturdays as my days off. It doesn't help the maintenance department is full of lazy fucks but that seems to be true most places.

We do have an historic manor house on property (actually property is built around it), but nobody has a full shift in it, we just have meetings on the top floor and give guided tours of the first two.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #5038
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I never thought about that when I used to go airsofting, I guess most of the reviews are from those people. Not particularly surprising I suppose, a lot of people that airsoft are into soldier dress up more than the actual game. Plus many of those people are into US gear, even over here, so that probably makes it even harder to find reviews by soldiers.
I actually have those gloves. Knuckles are useless but the gloves are a very good fit and I liked the thickness of them. Also they held together much better than some of the other gloves I tried and I got them second hand so the price was better. Still use them for clay shooting. But like you said, the level of use they get is nothing compared to what you'd be using them for.
Pretty much. It only bothers me because sometimes it's hard to discern what an individual uses something for and, often enough, I find that they have a different philosophy of use then I do and it was a waste of time to watch the video or read the review.

It's kind of like when Murder.Of.Crows said "I need a pistol" and I said "Get a Glock." I don't own a Glock, but I recommended one because polymer handguns are light enough to carry comfortably for most people, reliable enough to be able to put tens of thousands of rounds through practicing without component wear, and are easy enough to use that, should he need to, he could under stress. If I was like these jackasses I'm talking about, I might have suggested he get what I have, which would be grossly inappropriate in my opinion.

I'm kind of irritated at the 3-point slings that my units has because, being a short guy, my weapon tends to hang too low. I don't want cut it so that someone else can use it when I'm done, and I don't like 2-point slings. I was looking around on the internet for 1-point slings. I was interested in the bungee kind, but I wasn't sure how much abused they could take as opposed to just nylon. When I looked for reviews, all I could find was those submitted by people who won't use it like I will, or even on a daily basis. I ended up getting one today from the store because they have a 2 week return policy in case it doesn't hold up to the range I have on Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
If you're buying your own gear and second hand stuff is suitable, maybe it would be worth a look at things from airsofters? Some people get bored with expensive gear really quickly so it's possible to find almost unused things for much better prices.
I usually get issued stuff that I need to replace from surplus stores, but the other stuff I've either been buying new, or used from one of my army buddies. That's a really good idea, though. I hadn't thought that the condition would probably be near new from someone who uses the stuff for recreational pursuits.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #5039
Fruitbat

Seriously cranky. Really cranky wiht tradies who give quotes that are ridiculous because they don't want the work. Grow balls and say "We are busy at the moment."

Oh and don't give me the little woman at home routine, because I'll throw one of my cakes at you and then you'll be blown into little pieces from the impact.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #5040
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Seriously cranky. Really cranky wiht tradies who give quotes that are ridiculous because they don't want the work. Grow balls and say "We are busy at the moment."
Huh? I don't understand.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 AM   #5041
Fruitbat

Quote:
Huh? I don't understand.
Sorry, I'll translate. had a guy come around to fix a leaking roof. He is the 4th guy to give a quote (because the other quotes ranged from 1500 - 3500) and we were wondering why the extreme range.

So anyways this guy treats me like the little woman at home - I wouldn't understand man's work like roofing and then he leaves a quote of $5,000 - because he doesn't want the work, because the thing here is that it's easier for tradies (tradespeople) to work on new houses, than fix up old houses AND the tradies who work on the older houses are pretty busy at the moment fixing up the houses that were damaged in the pre christmas storms.

So Fruity got her knickers/panties in a twist over the way the guy talked to me. In my frustration I forgot I spoke in Australian lingo.

plus I had a herd of plumbers around (sorry not sure on the group plural for plumbers) at 7.30 this morning to fix a leaking pipe.

And I had a disagreement with the owner of the gym this morning, who I'm really trying hard not to bitch slap (because she really needs some sense knocked into her).

So it's been one of those days AND I've had no chocolate, so I'm pretty ropable (sorry no idea how to translate this one).

Might have to do some knitting.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #5042
Murder.Of.Crows

My tobacco tastes like pot. Sometimes i worry that some asshole might think it's funny to put marijuana in cigarettes.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #5043
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
My tobacco tastes like pot. Sometimes i worry that some asshole might think it's funny to put marijuana in cigarettes.
Why would someone give you two drugs for the price of one?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #5044
Murder.Of.Crows

No, it doesn't make since but, people might find it funny as a prank. I don't know just sometimes a thought. Not that i am too concerned about it. Just, a "what if?" kind of thing.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #5045
vindicatedxjin

I just got off the phone with a customer...that conversation lasted a WHOLE FUCKING HOUR. WTF?
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #5046
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I just got off the phone with a customer...that conversation lasted a WHOLE FUCKING HOUR. WTF?
I've had a three hour call once when I did internet tech support. Know what the problem was? Mr. "I'm not stupid, the modem IS plugged in," didn't plug his modem in after all. Ha.

Once I had an hour and a half phone call with this dude who was talking about anime and I had given my notice to that call center just that morning, so I didn't discourage it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #5047
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Might have to do some knitting.
Sorry. The only thing I walked away from that with is an image of you knitting with an angry scowl on your face going "Grrrrrrrr."

That is a huge price range, though. Fill your leak with uppercuts. That will fix anything.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #5048
Fruitbat

Quote:
Sorry. The only thing I walked away from that with is an image of you knitting with an angry scowl on your face going "Grrrrrrrr."

That is a huge price range, though. Fill your leak with uppercuts. That will fix anything.
Yeah, I do it myself but I'm scared of heights and Mr Bat doesn't want me up on the roof, because i tend towards reckless and parts of the house are two storey, but I'm going to have to go up and fix the TV antenna, so I'll be swearing like a trooper while I'm up there.

... maybe I should ninja the guy with knitting needles.

Jin - I once had a lady call up and start telling me her life story. "In 1964, I was president of...." I put her on speaker phone for an hour and she was still going. We only had five lines in and they were all busy, so I hung up on her, and she had the nerve to call back and say "Oh who was that lovely young lady i was talking to." I was giving hand signals and leaping around saying no. It took the guy 10 minutes to get her off the phone and he eventually hung up on her!

Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #5049
Saya

You knit? :3

Just wasn't happy today about walking on icy sidewalks when its -10. A few times I felt like I was going to slip and what if I fell into the busy road? Apparently the union will finally meet with Metrobus on Wednesday, so we're keeping our cold frostbitten fingers crossed.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #5050
vindicatedxjin

Saya, I want to learn how to knit so bad. I only know crochet.
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote