Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #526
angelic mortician

Location: ye olde isle of man (that insignificant isle floating around in the irish sea)
when I was in school the teachers didn't tolerate anything out of the ordinary at all. Yet the funny thing was, they noticed if people had mascara on from a stupid distance, yet I managed to wear my labret stud in for a week before they even noticed. Where the fuck is the logic in that? Clearly the pompous twats should never have passed a degree or they don't notice the obvious.
just me, or was that an obvious thing to notice.
Think they've changed a bit in the past few years though, I've noticed a few kids where I live getting away with wearing all kinds of shit to school.
good luck to you all.
angelic mortician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #527
Cyntrox

No dress codes here, hooray!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #528
killer_asian_Dax

Once upon a time (5 years ago actually) the high school I went to was known as "the mexican high school" within the school district. That being said, the dress code was oddly enforced. Everyone in the school with the exception of myself (I was a confused goth at the time) and the goths with balls enough to not hide or downplay who they were always got hasselled about their dress.

Before Columbine I was the only one given any crap about me clothes. Then Columbine happened and you can add goths to the minority. The funniest/ most ridiculous thing about my hs's dress code was that over half the girls would show up dressed like something they just saw on HBO's Nightcalls yet they picked on me because I dressed like a big sack of glitter. (I was a raver) They even held an assembly with a powerpoint presentation on what was allowed.

So while booty shorts that did little to cover anything were allowed, my 20 gazillion bracelets that looked like sleeves weren't. And whil the boys could run around with their pants near their ankles, I couldn't wear a stupid pacifier around my neck. Go figure! But that was a long time ago, and college has a devil may care additude about the clothing. Unless of course it's something that profane.

*Edit: Because I realised the extreme need for paragraphs and indentation.
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #529
raggedyanne

that's cool; my school's principal finally gave up on me. She was an ass, but the other faculty members adore me. I split my classes between high school and middle school (technically, I'm in 8th). The high school doesn't care as long as I wear something. It's fun, I wear whatever I want for first perid, then change on the way over.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #530
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Ahhhh, school years. I think I blocked most of mine out. I came into the scene my first year of high school, and really, I was the only one who was "gothic". I ran around with the people from "Smoker's Corner", right across the street from the front doors of the school. Take a guess how it got its name. I remember (vaguely) that wallets with chains were not allowed, ICP T-shirts, and low-rider pants weren't allowed. They really didn't get to regulatory on clothing until I was a sophmore. I had black hair down to the middle of my back, with blue streaks. I wore studs, chokers, and the like. I really got hated on by alot of people in school, because I was the only one dressing like that. This was when every person in rural Montana decided it was time to be a straight up gangsta'. It was also right after Columbine, and I would say roughly three quarters of the staff thought that I was going to wind up doing the same thing. I remember getting in quite a bit of trouble because I listened to Manson, Nine Inch Nails, and the like. They didn't seem to care too much about Bauhaus, Fields of the Nephilim, or Sisters of Mercy, maybe because they hadn't ever heard of them. One of my English instructors actually put me on watch, and I had to go to the school shrink every once in awhile, just to make sure I was feeling ok... as has been said earlier, just because I dressed goth didn't mean I wanted to die, or cut myself or anything like that. I found it funny that this particular instructor gave me so much hell, because he dressed up as Gene Simmons every chance he could (homecoming, Halloween, etc.) I still enjoy running into him when I get home, because he really looks at me oddly. I have definitly enjoyed running into him in bars and rolling my sleeves up, so some tattoos are blatantly obvious.

Anyway, I mellowed alot for college. Everyone here that I run around with is in the punk stage, or they are emo, which just makes me laugh. I am much older than most of my friends, they are still trying to find their own way I guess. Whatever it takes. Here, I wear just the standard dark colored T-shirt and jeans. I really get more comments on how many rings I wear than anything else. It's really a pretty accepting group of people. Still, it is rural Wyoming. Well, theres my story on the good old days. Thank God they are over!
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #531
jacquelinetm

I must be one of the older ones here (I don't think age matters), but the reason I mention it is that when I was went to elementary school through highschool, we were allowed to express ourselves with our clothes. Of course a lot of people couldn't afford what the "rich preps" had ... and actually I never wanted to wear prep clothes. I loved to be able to "stand out"... it's important at that age to be able to make a statement of some kind with your clothes and hair. Everytime I hear of uniforms,now, I just don't think it's right. Kids and teens need their own indivuality. I went to public school, until I transferred to an Irish Catholic Highschool in my junior year and even there wasn't even a dress code there. Then again... way back when, we could actually smoke cigarettes on school ground without getting into trouble. :}

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:28 AM   #532
Vladamir

My school sucks i wore some bondage trousers with chains on them and i was told to take them off! Sure i could barely move but it's my choice.
Vladamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #533
killer_asian_Dax

We always had a lot of fights at my high school so I understand why they didn't allow us to wear chains. But my bondage pants has the fabric straps with the UV reactive plastic on them. I don't know. I guess they felt plastic straps posed just as much danger as chains.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #534
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladamir
My school sucks i wore some bondage trousers with chains on them and i was told to take them off! Sure i could barely move but it's my choice.
Yes, nowadays anything that could be considered a possible weapon, even chains on clothing isn't allowed in public schools. Hell, they have enough fights as it is, without anything that could be used as a weapon. They won't even let you wear t-shirts with guns on them, in this day and time. I guess I was a bit luckier when I went to highschool... we had more freedom to express ourselves. But, even back then, there were loads of bullies and a lot of physical fighting.

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #535
maggot

Bondage pants are suck.

If you want baggy pants, wear JNCOs

If you want really tight pants, wear drainpipes.

Bondage pants that don't actually tighten to "bond" is the stupidest thing since... The people who are angry at this post.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #536
rawrwithcows

Skyler... Your sig.. Wow.

Then you want people to know that you aren't...by saying you have a HISPANIC girlfriend. You're nice. xD
rawrwithcows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #537
Tron2ksa

okay my school had a cool dress code last year and this year they changed it to cause goths and emo kids problems and when ever i say this the perpy girls are like well we cant wear Pjs or flip flops to school any more to witch i say" oh boo hoo you have to actually pull your self out of the puddles of cum and take a shower and get dressed and boo hoo you cant wear open shoes that shows your ugly ass feet... every one say it with me to all the little preps out there "BOO HOO OUR HEARTS PUMP PISS FOR YOU"

but this year goths can't wear studs of any kind and all priecings excluding ears must be removed hair must be kept out of the face and brushed (witch they tryed to tell me ment no long hair for boy to witch i promptly gave them a middle finger salute and kept my long hair) they also say no distracting makup or dress ..... so just the stick it up they're ass i wore a kilt to school one day carrying a 10 page note from my mother stating that it is my right to wear a kilt as i am of scotish lingae and most of the pages of the note where family tree my mom had photo copied.. lol every one was pissed
any ways sorry about the bad spelling i'm working on fixing my computer to have a spell checker or find the one every one says is on firefox any way have a nice nite and have a great day
sorry if this offends anyone
-ttfn-
Tron2ksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #538
Ictum

We can wear anything at our school, and we even got a class that focuses on individuality. Not alot of people dress in an alternative way, the school is full of clones.

Actually, the school is not ALLOWED to say what you can or cannot wear.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 AM   #539
Momerath

My schools have never been rude to me about my clothing. Other kids have really never been rude to me, either. I have only had rude remarks in the 8th grade when I was called Satanic twice. lol.

I seem to be well respected in my school.
Momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:02 AM   #540
Eplefe

Yeah, they denied me black lipstick, and also told me that I dressed way too challenging.
HELLO?! Me, dressing challenging.
Sure, I wear corsets, but what about all the little bitches in the class who shows half their boobs and half their stomach.
But no. They didn't dress challenging, but I did.
(I should mention, I went to a catholic school xD)
Eplefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 AM   #541
Lucretia_my_Reflection

My schools still scared about what happened at columbine , no trench coats, bagging clothing or floor length skirts . But still not problems for the tight ass mini-skirt wearing hoes. I think its how the principal keep's himself entertained
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #542
Minyaliel

No long skirts?! You must be _kidding_ me... what's long skirts got to do with Columbine anyway? I don't think I'd have survived this winter if I were to wear only short ones... *freeze, shiver*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #543
Heatherzilla

My school has an over abundance of goth, emo and metal kids. We have no uniform and no one really cares what we wear. We have lots of kids that wouldn't fit in at a normal school so everyone here really sticks together.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #544
Vyvian Blackthorne

Dearest Lord....Was my expirence perhaps the worst? As a forever goth since ten I'd just like to say the least that school was perhaps one of the worst of sodomy any person could ever endure. I first went to a shitty, bitch ass Catholic school were we had to wear these goddammned prep uniforms that I refused to wear. I came to school one day wearing a chained wallet, black skull T-Shirt and ripped arm fishnets with tight Victorian pants (odd mixture, eh?) and they threanted to call the police on me! This was a few days before Columbine, then after the incident my parents took me out of that school. But the public school was filled with these awful white trash kids who wanted to be black (a word to describe them will not be used here) who thought I worshipped the 'D'vil' and killed people. I asked them once why and they said, 'That's what gothic people do.' How disgraceful this awful prejudice was...sorry for my bitchiness. Finally now I am on my own I am accepted for being goth.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #545
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
No long skirts?! You must be _kidding_ me... what's long skirts got to do with Columbine anyway? I don't think I'd have survived this winter if I were to wear only short ones... *freeze, shiver*

its just the floor length ones...and the ones with lots of layers, of lace and stuff...i have a uniform to wear as well
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #546
KontanKarite

I haven't been in school for a long time. Trenches and spikes and chains were pretty much it in the "no no" areas. No one in my school ever tried wearing make up, if they were a boy. I had a small number of friends. People found me weird and creepy, even the rocker kids because back then, I just wanted to wear all black. In my junior and senior years I got more creative.

I joined the military about two years ago. I've been battling those regulations tooth and nail. Essentially, I've been fighting to be treated as an equal and fairly.

I abide by the military rules, but I also abide by the very limit of the regulations. I straight refuse to get a high and tight. I had my department try to stand there and force me to get a high and tight just like everyone else. I tried to keep my hair at the time. I cut it to the limit... they wanted more, a tapered it in a bit and made the sides shorter... it still wasn't what they wanted. "I'll be damned if you make me have a fucking high and tight. I'm not a god damned jar head." I came out of the bathroom with my head slick bald. If I wasn't going to have my hair, then they weren't going to have me either. Which was creepy for everyone because despite the uniform, I looked like a skin head... bah.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #547
rock_metal_chick

when I was in school, there was no 'goths' but not long after we left school, a few people from my year turned gothic
rock_metal_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #548
raggedyanne

no 'goths'! What I don't like is when all the preps try to be goth or rocker and fail miserably. It almost makes me want to be emo. ALMOST!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #549
Wolfinlied

back in my day (makes me sound old) i went to Xavier high school. The principal was Sister Francis and she was a dog, she ripped a pendant from around my neck when i called her sister franny after she told me to remove it. No nail polish, no makeup, no crazy hairstyles, no sunglasses, no caps, All dress coded. It was all rubbish. The school motto was "The truth will set you free". I hated that motto and i hated the big ass plarque of the coat of arms with that on it outside detention hall. I was suspended for three days after redrawing it in detention as "The truth will set you FUCKED" i wasnt to creative but my mates thought it somewhat amusing.
Wolfinlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #550
Underwater Ophelia

My school doesn't really try to stop it, but the security guards bitch a lot. I go to school with Haunted House, and they bitched at him a lot for wearing his Alien Sex Fiend shirt. Other than that...nothing really. I've worn long black tulle petticoats over shorts and porcelain doll makeup and no one has said anything.
Then again, they probably know I'd raise hell, because the slut population has gotten out of control, and no one seems to mind.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote