Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #6276
Duane

If Alice Cooper can bare to play it, you can bare to watch it.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #6277
Delkaetre

Bored, tired, don't have costume for tomorrow yet. Slightly worried about what happens when official boyfriend meets the bit on the side on Saturday. They are aware of each other, it's all fine and agreed. But they haven't met yet. I do hope there won't be Politics about it.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #6278
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
I've never really understood how people can watch golf on tv. It seems a bit tedious.
Agreed, I always assumed it would be like most sports, i.e. fun to play/boring to watch. But no, it's shit whichever side of the club you're on.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 08-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #6279
Splintered

I'm a dumbass.
I told my mom how much I earned this summer.

V_V

Dumb. Ass.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #6280
MitsyMayhem

God.
I dislike jealousy, not jealous people, but the jealously they possess.
Really.
I wore the cutest outfit today and some girl rolled her eyes and commented "I don't see why people dress up so nice just for school..."
Better than sweats and a Dixie Outfitters tee shirt any day in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #6281
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
God.
I dislike jealousy, not jealous people, but the jealously they possess.
Really.
I wore the cutest outfit today and some girl rolled her eyes and commented "I don't see why people dress up so nice just for school..."
Better than sweats and a Dixie Outfitters tee shirt any day in my opinion.
Agreed. I used to wear oversized tees and blue jeans in high school, but now I wish I'd known about the Goth style back then; I think it would have made my fashion transitions a LOT easier. XD
Old 08-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #6282
Aaroneet

I have to go for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Naturally, I miss solid food; I'm not allowed to eat any today. I just hope it seems to go over quickly.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #6283
Methadrine

Damnation. I've bought the wrong colour of hairdye. Instead of pure black, I got bluish-black. This I didn't notice until I actually applied it all, so I certainly hope it will look remotely good atleast..

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #6284
honeythorn

The blue never tends to be very bright/noticeable I've found. Well not on me anyway. It should look fine and be more of a tint that you'll see in the light.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #6285
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
The blue never tends to be very bright/noticeable I've found. Well not on me anyway. It should look fine and be more of a tint that you'll see in the light.
I'm done now, and it looks smashing! Lady Luck was on my side apparently.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #6286
honeythorn

Goodgood. Lady luck is absent when it comes to dyeing my hair. The colour fades every single time , those "patented anti fade" slogans are a crock of shit . And I always use permanent! Blue black goes mud brown within a week on me
Old 08-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #6287
She_Is_My_Sin

I feel a bit miffed. It's my birthday on wednesday and all of the friends I wanted to do something with aren't available. So I asked my parents if they'd like to go out for a meal instead. My father just replied "No, you should be out with your friends." I explained the situation (and also the fact that I have no ID whatsoever) but he stood by his answer. So it looks like I'm spending the whole day doing nothing. Hurah.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #6288
raggedyanne

Well I hope you work something out.

It's my boyfriend's brother's birthday today and they're going to the beach, then dinner. I was lucky enough not to have to go, even tough his brother is a pretty cool kid. The poor boy has had three younger relatives born o his birthday, so my present to him was to not go into labor today, but I'm not sure that won't happen.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #6289
xParadigmx

fucked up week.

my brother's 18th birthday was last wednesday, and I'm here.

im depressed again, and it sucks. it leaves a taste like crushed aspirin in my mouth.

i just want to sleep, or scream, or cry, or something. but i'm too well behaved to let something like that come out. i probably couldn't force myself if i tried.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #6290
Duane

There be no lovey for Duaney! The sad part is, it's all Duanes' fault, and Duane knows it.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #6291
raggedyanne

Aww, hugs. You will find someone eventually. Worst comes to worst, you can declare yourself the squirrel king and rule over all the nuts!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #6292
Duane

I've tried that... but the squirrels are stronger than we think.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #6293
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Well I hope you work something out.

It looks even bleaker. I thought my younger sister was going to stick about, but her netball team is partaking in a tournament. It honestly wouldn't bother me if this had happened any other year, as my birthday is smack bang in the middle of the summer holidays and a few people do forget. But it's my fucking 18th and it matters to me. Christ, I hope I never have a birthday like this again.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #6294
honeythorn

My eyes have produced two tears. Because I wonder sometimes why I bother. And my chest aches.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #6295
Delkaetre

She_Is_My_Sin, allow me to tell you what happened on my 18th.
I spent a deal of my own saved up money on organising a party in the function room above a club. Not enough people turned up, as the Northern Irish goff scene don't go out two weekends in a row and the next weekend was Cornucopia.
My boyfriend of the time was amongst those who did make it, though he did so on great protest.
While I was sitting with a friend, catching up and feeling quietly but terribly embarrassed for how quiet the evening was turning out, someone came to get me, with someone else trying to stop them from doing so.
This was because my boyfriend of the time was in the girls' bathrooms, getting a clumsy blowjob from a trannie with all the grace and beauty of a rugby player. The two who were fighting as they approached me were doing so because one felt I should know, and the other felt I shouldn't.
My twenty first had damn well better do better than that.
My 20th was spread over several clubs and my 19th was a little night in with friends. But the 18th remains something by which to judge all future catastrophe against.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #6296
Strīcan

She_Is_My_Sin, I think you should go out and get some ice cream, or do anything else that's fun, even if you did it on your own.

On my eighteenth I just arrived in a town on my own, and I had no friends yet. So I went to get some smoothie and get a membership in a DVD rental store. The girl in the DVD rental store is the only person that said "Happy Birthday" to my face. A bit sad, but I think I shouldn't see it like that.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #6297
raggedyanne

I need suggestions on what to do for my 16th. I live very near San Francisco, so I could do something there, but I'm not sure I want anything too big. There aren't many goths that I'm aquainted with, mostly because within my county there just aren't many goths. I would like to do something with a darker theme, but am worried about alienating my more mundane friends.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #6298
Saya

Well you don't have to alienate them, the point of a party is to have fun and even if you're doing something with a darker theme, it shouldn't be a bother. Besides if they are you're friends they probably expect it of you ^_^

What did you have in mind for darker theme, anyway?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #6299
raggedyanne

Well, that's my problem. I have no idea what to do. It's customary for girls to have large, over the top "sweet sixteens" and I do want something memorable, I just don't want to break the bank. And you're right, they would expect it of me by now.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #6300
Saya

Well I don't really do things for my birthday, usually because its in June, when I was in highschool it was because it was exam time, now its because everyone goes home during the summer.

I'm trying desperately to get people to agree to have a ghost story party, just drink, sit around in the dark and freak each other out with tales of horror. When I lived in a dorm we did that for Halloween and it was awesome. There's also this tour here that takes place three nights of the week, where a group of people will take you around the city telling not just ghost stories but of murders and mysteries.

Other than that all I can picture is a big party with creepy decorations and Christian Death up on blast. Not sure how else to do a dark theme.
Closed Thread