Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #701
TorturedAngel66

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
Theres a nice little system that goes on at Hot Topic that I like. They sometimes get good Goth band merchandise in, but the kiddies who frequent the store only go in looking for emo,metal,Marylin Manson crap so the Goth band mechandise goes on clearence within a week and I can get it for cheap. I got a nice Bauhaus t-shirt this way.
I always find a ton of stuff i like on clearance when i got in there.
TorturedAngel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:10 PM   #702
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorturedAngel66
I always find a ton of stuff i like on clearance when i got in there.
Of course you'd find stuff you like in a Hot Topic. Just look at your avatar and location.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #703
Godslayer Jillian

Haunted House, I love you

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #704
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Haunted House, I love you
Haha. Thanks Jillian. You're an awesome guy. I'm a fan of your pwn4g3 as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #705
Argine

We don't have a Hot Topic here, so I don't entirely understand the big fuss over it. I mean, the "mallgoth" type kids would be idiots nonetheless, right? You can't really blame a store.

I looked at their website once. They had some really ugly pants.
Argine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #706
TorturedAngel66

Red face

Quote:
Of course you'd find stuff you like in a Hot Topic. Just look at your avatar and location.
well i think MM rocks. you may not, but i do.
TorturedAngel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #707
cradle

MM is a puppet.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #708
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argine
I mean, the "mallgoth" type kids would be idiots nonetheless, right? You can't really blame a store.
Precisely
Though I do have a grudge against the store because of the couple hundred dollars I've spent, only one piece of clothing hasn't been torn to bits on itself.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #709
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorturedAngel66
well i think MM rocks. you may not, but i do.
Thats not the point. The point is, Hot Topic was created for little kiddies who like to worry their parents. The chain of stores barely carries Goth band merchandise, but on a very, very rare occasion they do. Hot Topic is aimed at metalheads, emo kids, and Mansonites. Not exactly fans of Goth music. This is why the small selection of Goth band merchandise goes on clearance quickly.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #710
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Precisely
Though I do have a grudge against the store because of the couple hundred dollars I've spent, only one piece of clothing hasn't been torn to bits on itself.
i bought a hoodie from there and gave it to my girlfriend and she wears it every day...and its not torn up...
but the pants that she bought from there...uhh...broke...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:08 PM   #711
the_cure

Quote:
Theres a nice little system that goes on at Hot Topic that I like. They sometimes get good Goth band merchandise in, but the kiddies who frequent the store only go in looking for emo,metal,Marylin Manson crap so the Goth band mechandise goes on clearence within a week and I can get it for cheap. I got a nice Bauhaus t-shirt this way.

Would that be the shirt with the cymbol on it?
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #712
Haunted House

Nope. It's the one with Peter Murphy highly contrasted in red and black with 'bauhaus' written at the bottom in white.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #713
the_cure

Oh, I was wondering because I have a Bauhaus shirt from there (I just so happen to be wearing it now) with Peter holding a Zildjan symbol in front of his face and a pic loosly held in one hand in all black and white.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #714
Haunted House

Ah. Thats the album cover for 'Press Eject and Give me the Tape'.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #715
the_cure

Quote:
Ah. Thats the album cover for 'Press Eject and Give me the Tape'.
I had no clue. Please don't kill me. I can never find full cds I just doanload stuff.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #716
Haunted House

Haha. I'm not gonna kill you for not knowing something like that. I'm not that kind of person. I'm not exactly a fan of downloading music because, like I said before in some other thread, theres something comforting in haveing the disc, case, and all that comes with it.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 AM   #717
the_cure

Quote:
Haha. I'm not gonna kill you for not knowing something like that. I'm not that kind of person. I'm not exactly a fan of downloading music because, like I said before in some other thread, theres something comforting in haveing the disc, case, and all that comes with it.

That is true, I love that feeling to. Though in a small town like mine when you never get to go anywere that would have that type of music downloading is the only way to go.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #718
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cure
That is true, I love that feeling to. Though in a small town like mine when you never get to go anywere that would have that type of music downloading is the only way to go.
I live in kind of a small town too. I get all of my CDs from amazon.com or from trips into the city which I hate. I can't stand the city but there is an abundance of shops that carry really good goth music... unlike the disapointing store which this thread is about. Once I asked someone at the register at a Hot Topic why their CD racks lacked Bauhaus and the Sisters of Mercy or if they were just out of stock for the time being. She stared at me like I had nine heads. It was hilarious.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #719
Satanhatesyu

Oh HotTopic... I have fair-weather feelings about the store. I think some of there pants look cool (authough I'd never be able to afford them...) I do like there anime section. (Before all the Naruto crap) I'm most definetly not a drone who buys stuff because everybody else is doing it. But realy... were is HT going? it used to be the place were I could window shop for psuedo-goth stuff... now it's gone to hell...

I guess this ended up more like a rant... sorta... but were i'm going is. Just because you shop there dosen't mean your a drone!
Satanhatesyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #720
Draconysius

I bought my Bela Lugosi's Dead shirt from Hot Topic's online store. They just happened to be about the only place that had that shirt available anymore. It's just a shame that they cater to the trend kids so much. I sware, if some of the kids knew Underoath was a Christian band, they'd just about vomit and burn all their cheap merch in an instant.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #721
Release_The_Bats

I shop at Hottopic as a last resort. I don't have the know-how to make my own clothes yet. I'm trying to learn, but sewing isn't something you learn overnight.

I'd love to order some stuff online....but....being 5'3 really isn't very reassuring when trying to order pants.

Oh, and for the record, I own no tripp pants. I do think they're pretty though...

(But only because I can't order some real bondage pants...)
Release_The_Bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #722
sparklekittie

I've checked out the stuff on the website (dont have HT here), with the use of a currency converter, I found it quite expensive. I don't buy expensive clothing unless it's pretty unique, and good quality. I'd check out the sale racks now and then though, but only buy if I can get a real bargain.
Hold on...
Actually I have spied some Tripp stuff in some stores around, nice corset-style tops but outrageously expensive, IMO.
sparklekittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #723
cradle

I might get pants from there for school but i dont know....
Old 08-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #724
Haunted House

I'm not a fan of the huge pants with chains/straps all over them. They make you walk all clumsily and you can hear the wearer coming from a mile away.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #725
Release_The_Bats

Well, the mens pants tend to border on rave pants....But I really like the girly ribbon-accented ones. ...Sadly, Hottopic doesn't like you if your under 5'5...
Release_The_Bats is offline   Reply With Quote