Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #51
ArchLich

I own a dictionary, and know how to use spell check. However, this is a fucking forum, who gives a shit about perfect spelling here?
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #52
Duane

Grammar police, Roxanne.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #53
Catch101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Well at my senior school 4.4 = A-A+

You're not good at spelling yet somehow you manage to score the highest mark? I'd be marking you down considering the volume of spelling mistakes you make, must be hard to code or whatever it is you do, when you make that many mistakes on simple words. Albert Einstein has presented us with what he can do already, all we now is that you suck at spelling and you're apparently a great student in this fabulous and and unverifiable course of yours.

You call people posers, that already shows you think you're superior to them, but hell, WE'RE ALL FUCKING POSERS, every single person in this god damned world with its multitude of cultures and societies.
Read bold.

Now please STFU 4.4
Catch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #54
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Now that's embarrassing, a nightmare come true.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #55
Catch101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Now that's embarrassing, a nightmare come true.
You have shitty nightmares.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #56
Reverend

Just my two cents on this matter...

Where the fuck did this guy come from.. and all he has to say is u diddnt put a "K" on your "Know"

this must be his feeble attempt at getting in on the action??
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #57
Catch101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
Just my two cents on this matter...

Where the fuck did this guy come from.. and all he has to say is u diddnt put a "K" on your "Know"

this must be his feeble attempt at getting in on the action??
Really?

But no, I just hate smart asses and have nothing better to do at the wee hours of the morning.

It may be the alcohol in my system, or rather, me just being an ass hole.

Read bold.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #58
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I'm not here to get anyone angry or anything I'm just here to make some corrections to some statements that have been made that I have noticed are in error, as well as comment on some that are based on opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
#2 I ride no high horse, you act as if I think I'm above everyone, just because I made a few statements about my intelligence, which I must say, says alot about your perception. And finally, 4.0 is an A, it's the highest grade in which you can aquire in college(in the US), in other words, 4.4 isnt a possible GPA unless you live in a country which grades differently.
This is a false statement. There are several different systems in High schools in the United States and in rare cases in colleges as well. She said she is still in high school, and judging by the system she describes her school uses weighted grades which are common in honors and advanced placement courses.

Also grade point average does not necesserily reflect the iq of the person for whom the grade point average belongs to, it merely reflects the work the person has done in school.
Quote:
I am glad you find justification in disecting someone like a fucking insect just because they claim to be(or even are) smart. No matter how you look at it, it still displays key signs of jealousy. Why would anyone take an interest in trying to prove that I'm an idiot unless they had issues of their own? Why would they care? This is my point.
When somone attempts to use intelligence as a point of bragging they are holding themselves to a higher standard. As such in most situations with higher standards the people held in those higher standards are kept under intense scrutiny, or to say it plainly dont brag about somthing unless you intend on backing it up.

Quote:
I own a dictionary, and know how to use spell check. However, this is a fucking forum, who gives a shit about perfect spelling here?
You refer to the steriotype of people on the internet communicating through poor spelling and grammar, as can be said of all steriotypes there are always going to be exceptions. Many people, myself included find such simple errors to be eyesores. Unfortunately due to the 5 min editing limit as well as other factors the occasional error must be expected, but still it is expected that you strive to do better rather than accept that you are doing worse.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #59
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Yeah actually she doesn't. The majority of the people I've come into contact with here have displayed behavior which resembles that of an internet poser, forgive me for observing that. Being judgemental mainly taps into the point that people tend to group people into a stereotype and generalize the fuck out of them, or take one look at someone, and base an opinion of their entire personality and life story soley on a first impression, which is three things: One, not gothic. Two, purely ignorant. Three, not something in which I do.

I am glad you find justification in disecting someone like a fucking insect just because they claim to be(or even are) smart. No matter how you look at it, it still displays key signs of jealousy. Why would anyone take an interest in trying to prove that I'm an idiot unless they had issues of their own? Why would they care? This is my point.

FYI Rev, I have yet to be taken by the balls here, however I have taken several by the balls.
I see you haven't read my last post to you. Look, you need to get over the fantasy that being goth means being a sing-along loving, hand holding, well-clad doormat in black and just accept that you are not always right.

As vain as I can be, I can accept that sometimes I'm wrong. But you bring a lot of this conflict on yourself by being so heavily defensive. So we're not aristocrats in mourning wear giving you a homecoming upon arrival or exactly tolerant of your tastes in music or near lack of literature. By continuing to hold tight to this image, you are setting yourself up for more disappointment with each interaction you have here.

Just chill out, let it go. Has anyone ever told you how serious you are for an internet forum?

Ren, SCC=Dude. Morrigan icon not withstanding. :P

Quote:
You see Catch... i do respect an asshole and in some aspects of my life i strive to be just that..

but unlike Arch here im a redneck from the country with sub par education. and could give two flying fucks about grammar or punctuation.

thanks for pointing it out though.
You don't say.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #60
Catch101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I'm not here to get anyone angry or anything I'm just here to make some corrections to some statements that have been made that I have noticed are in error, as well as comment on some that are based on opinion.

This is a false statement. There are several different systems in High schools in the United States and in rare cases in colleges as well. She said she is still in high school, and judging by the system she describes her school uses weighted grades which are common in honors and advanced placement courses.

When somone attempts to use intelligence as a point of bragging they are holding themselves to a higher standard. As such in most situations with higher standards the people held in those higher standards are kept under intense scrutiny, or to say it plainly dont brag about somthing unless you intend on backing it up.

You refer to the steriotype of people on the internet communicating through poor spelling and grammar, As can be said of all steriotypes there are always going to be exceptions. Many people, myself included find such simple errors to be eyesores. Unfortunately due to the 5 min editing limit as well as other factors the occasional error must be expected, but still it is expected that you strive to do better rather than accept that you are doing worse.
*Eyesore*

You spelled stereotype wrong.

Geez, you people are poor smart asses.

Shape up!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #61
Reverend

You see Catch... i do respect an asshole and in some aspects of my life i strive to be just that..

but unlike Arch here im a redneck from the country with sub par education. and could give two flying fucks about grammar or punctuation.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #62
Catch101

And by the way, I am 100% sure all of you are smarter than I. And I am not being sarcastic. (I was a 2.5 student, haha, *cries*)

I am just truly an ass hole with nothing better to do right now.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #63
Catch101

Quote:

I like you.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #64
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch101 View Post
*Eyesore*

You spelled stereotype wrong.

Geez, you people are poor smart asses.

Shape up!
My mistake
But if you don't calm down I'm not going to give you a cookie. Also the plural usage of eyesore was intended.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #65
Reverend

Catch, did we just become best friends?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #66
Catch101

Quote:
My mistake
But if you don't calm down I'm not going to give you a cookie. Also the plural usage of eyesore was intended.
We simple minded folk need our cookies!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #67
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post

Ren, SCC=Dude. Morrigan icon not withstanding. :P
Oh dear, I did know that, but I am afraid in my tired state I overlooked it. *leaves cookie for scc*

Old 08-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #68
Catch101

Quote:
Catch, did we just become best friends?
Hai! (Japanese for yes. And I am assuming you already knew this. I just added this bit because "hai" is too short of a word to post by itself.)
Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #69
Reverend

Well that means there is only one thing left for us to do....
Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #70
Renatus

Quote:
We simple minded folk need our cookies!
I dont know if that was a statement or a parody of what has been seemingly interpreted as an insult to your intelligence for which it was not. But if you calm down it is yours.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #71
Catch101

And I was totally not being sarcastic (yet again...) with my cookie comment.

I really do enjoy a good homemade cookie. Especially oatmeal!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #72
Catch101

Quote:
I dont know if that was a statement or a parody of what has been seemingly interpreted as an insult to your intelligence for which it was not. But if you calm down it is yours.
No, no. I am quite stupid, really.

I live in my own world, where Earthly intelligence need not apply.

In my world, everyone enjoys the cookies! Especially macadamia nut cookies...yum...*licks lips*
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #73
Catch101

Quote:
Well that means there is only one thing left for us to do....
Eat cookies?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #74
Renatus

Quote:
And I was totally not being sarcastic (yet again...) with my cookie comment.

I really do enjoy a good homemade cookie. Especially oatmeal!
Wel I am afraid the internet is a realm full of words open to interpretation so you'll have to forgive my lack of realization of the lack of sarcasm. Even in real life sarcasm still escapes me periodicly.

Raisins or no raisins?
I am not aware of macadamia nut cookies, could you inform me as to their contents. (I apologize for my slightly cryptic tone but as I have said I am rather tired and this tone frequents my mind in such times)

Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #75
Catch101

Quote:
Wel I am afraid the internet is a realm full of words open to interpretation so you'll have to forgive my lack of realization of the lack of sarcasm. Even in real life sarcasm still escapes me periodicly.

Raisins or no raisins?
I like you too!

*Edit*

And make that a raisin...