Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 AM   #51
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
I like how, not two weeks ago, JCC was talking about how he'd love to bang Underwear, and now he's playing the "fat, ugly, cunt" card because she indirectly spurned him.
Nah, I was telling Godslayer how her delusions of physical grandeur are bugging me, but when someone questions it to her, she does something embarrassing like starting a forum Beauty Contest and losing.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Nah, I was telling Godslayer how her delusions of physical grandeur are bugging me, but when someone questions it to her, she does something embarrassing like starting a forum Beauty Contest and losing.
Embarrassing for who, dude?
I'm not the one who got her feathers ruffled and had to explain why I'm hot and how I'm not a slut.
I'm also not the one who took an internet beauty contest seriously and posted hand-picked professionally taken photos.

I'm pretty sure I was the one who laughed and called myself chubby chaser extraordinaire and posted one picture--that being a weird face shot.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that me.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #53
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Embarrassing for who, dude?
I'm not the one who got her feathers ruffled and had to explain why I'm hot and how I'm not a slut.
I'm also not the one who took an internet beauty contest seriously and posted hand-picked professionally taken photos.

I'm pretty sure I was the one who laughed and called myself chubby chaser extraordinaire and posted one picture--that being a weird face shot.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that me.

If it counts for anything (and don't get weirded out) but you are babe-licious Ophie. Add your personality and you are indeed hot.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #54
gothicusmaximus

I'm going to try to be even-handed for the first time in my life.

Ophelia, I've never once observed JCC to behave in the fashion you described. While that not everything he's said has been peerlessly sagacious is clear, his qualms with the status quo tend to be justifiable ones. Sometimes I feel that you're too defeatist in your outlook, and accept things to be immutable 'reality' just because they happen to be true right now (i.e. poor people are just poor, at least the descendants of slaves get to live in America).
JCC, the mature, and ultimately most classy, way to react to Ophelia's statement would have been to challenge her to justify it, not to sling irrelevant gibes about her physical appearance.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #55
Underwater Ophelia

Lool, it wasn't even me who originated the remark.
Search it.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #56
Opteron_Man

Grrrr! I bought this shower curtain rod last year and when I picked one out, I saw varying models at various prices. I went for a more expensive one so it would last. Well, a few days ago, it had fallen down, so oh well, I put it back up. No big deal right? Wrong!

I put it back into place and adjusted the tension a bit more when I hear a "crack" sound and the whole thing fell right back down!
I looked inside the tube and to my disgust and annoyances; the spring that ran down the length had broken. But what really fuckin pisses me off is that at closer inspection, the spring is not make of a metal like spring steel, it is made out of some like of plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of design is that!? A piece of plastic to take the place of what should be a steel spring!?

What the fuck! I am sure their idea was to make the thing cheap to make, but how cheap can the designer be to replace an already cheap piece of steel with a plastic "spring"!?

Sure enough, it is made in Canada. I am not surprised. It seems to me if I want something to last, I will have to hand build it myself. Sad.

Back to Canadian Tire I go!

Canadian Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Shit!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:23 AM   #57
Underwater Ophelia

Maybe you fucked it up when you were adjusting the tension.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #58
Mir

This thread fills me with warmth, and a sense of love.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #59
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Maybe you fucked it up when you were adjusting the tension.
That is what I thought, but had only adjusted it a bit and put the rod back into place then "snap". But when I looked at the inerds, it doesn't matter how rough or gentle I was, it would have broken the same way. It was just a matter of time. What can you expect from a PLASTIC spring.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #60
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
This thread fills me with warmth, and a sense of love.
........WTF?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #61
JCC

Mir is generally warm and loving. He's a happy guy.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #62
Opteron_Man

I have this old electric kettle. It is got to be 20 years old.
It is the only one I have, so when it developed a problem, I took it apart and discovered that a bit of water had rusted the bottom cover. So I scrapped of the rust, cleaned it, and then spray painted the inside. I let it dry, and then put it back together. It works great now! It is not a pretty thing with a black finish and blue LEDs, but it works well, and I am developing an attitude that is less picky and more appreciative then most people around me.