Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #76
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch

What I was saying, is that through the media and other means introverts have been negatively stereo-typed as far as accepting the amount of work they can truly handle and kept in lower paying jobs.
...what are you talking about?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #77
Catch

An introvert is a type of individual that may feel they are being picked on by social standards, yet they are usually the best scientists and many are respected. Within their group there is exceptance and could even be considered 'popular' though by another standard they are 'unpopular.'

I believe that no matter who you are there is always someone who loves and excepts you, reguardless of what the social norms dictate. Even the most popular people piss someone off, but they are still a person of love and warmth to other people.

To make it easier for everyone: individuality and unpopularity are not souly affects by money and power.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #78
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
An introvert is a type of individual that may feel they are being picked on by social standards, yet they are usually the best scientists and many are respected. Within their group there is exceptance and could even be considered 'popular' though by another standard they are 'unpopular.'
Jesus Christ, Catch, that's not even true.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #79
Duane

An introvert isn't one who may feel they're being picked on, it's someone who prefers to be by themselves, as opposed to being around/interacting with other people, like an extrovert.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #80
Catch

I said they might feel picked on because of existing social standards.

"Popular Group" and all that slant.

Surprisingly, I appear to be an extremely introverted person, even though there are always people around me. I actually did spend sometime living alone. That is when I started getting on the Internet and built my first website. You see people often see me on my own also, going somewhere or doing something because I lack that thing that says something I don't get anyway.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #81
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
...what are you talking about?

I think what she's talking about is that people tend to look for extroverted people in the job market because they seem to show their confidence on the outside rather than within. Also, introverts do seem to be mistaken as off putting.

An example would be my sister feeling like I wasn't having a good time with her because I wasn't jumping for joy and acting outwardly happy.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #82
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I think what she's talking about is that people tend to look for extroverted people in the job market because they seem to show their confidence on the outside rather than within. Also, introverts do seem to be mistaken as off putting.
I know these things.

My problem was that she attempted to tell others what "introvert" means and was completely wrong.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #83
Catch

I was not explaining anything. I was explaining the stereo type, in which most people already know is generally wrong and misguided.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #84
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I was not explaining anything. I was explaining the stereo type, in which most people already know is generally wrong and misguided.
Right, that's why you said, "The stereotype," or, "It is believed that," or...etc, instead of saying, "Introverts are...".
Old 08-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #85
Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I know these things.

My problem was that she attempted to tell others what "introvert" means and was completely wrong.
Was I write on what introverts are?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #86
Catch

So look at Tom Cruise. He is wealthy and well known. He has been so weird about Scientology he is now unpopular.

Jason Lee is also a Scientologist and well know actor. He isn't a jerk and lets people speak there mind. He is incredibly popular.

Elitism and popularity no relation. However, people use the word elitism to make people unpopular, though elitism doesn't even really mean the person is wealthy.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #87
Tam Li Hua

I've always thought that an elitist is just someone who adheres to a particular group or mindset, and thinks anyone who doesn't follow their same opinions or train of thought is stupid, worthless, and not worth the time that God gave a mosquito.

Wealth doesn't need to be present, though more times than not it is.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #88
Underwater Ophelia

Since I take so much pleasure in this type of thing: TAM LI HUA, YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG.

No, that's not what an elitist is.
Not at all.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:35 AM   #89
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
So look at Tom Cruise. He is wealthy and well known. He has been so weird about Scientology he is now unpopular.

Jason Lee is also a Scientologist and well know actor. He isn't a jerk and lets people speak there mind. He is incredibly popular.
I know who Tom Cruise is, but I've never heard of Jason Lee before; I googled him too and still have fuck all idea of who he is. So, fail, I guess.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 AM   #90
MollyMac

No. Catch failed. She's confusing popularity with being liked.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #91
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
I know who Tom Cruise is, but I've never heard of Jason Lee before; I googled him too and still have fuck all idea of who he is. So, fail, I guess.
Jason Lee http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005134/

You know the "My Name is Earl" guy.

Who is rich and pompous but everyone still likes them?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 AM   #92
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

Most celebrities.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 AM   #93
LiUsAiDh

Quote:

Oh, that show may be famous in the states, but not many people I know watch it in the UK.

I find him mildly irritating and unfunny, from the half episode I once watched when I was ill.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #94
Tam Li Hua

Catch: It depends on the kind of job the person is looking for, I think. For instance, if an introvert was trying to become a news anchor, they'd probably have to become a little extraverted. And if an extravert wanted to be a researcher, he may have to become a little more introverted.

I think people need to find jobs that they enjoy and are suitable to their personalities, which can be easier said than done..
Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #95
mindless1

Who cares? Whether or not you are an introvert or an extrovert of a normal person, or you fall between the social norm's cracks? I obviously am not liked on this forum. Because people started attacking me a long time ago and hasn't stopped. I had apologized for things I don't even remember doing, or were even wrong. But being called a cunt by any person on an internet forum is degrading. People think IM aggressive. Mollymac, you seriously have issues. You need to get a punching bag or something. Stop telling me how to think or talk on this public board. And you know, I have stated repeatedly that all I wanted was respect. Well gasp, it's not new and no one would respect me....that's why I gave g-net the finger and don't even TRY to be decent nor respectful on here any longer. So what? You know, people who over-analyze can still be decent enough not to judge. I see elitism as hypocrisy and judgements....so who calls all the shots on here anyways? maybe I am a threat to your all's elitist behaviors and views...whether off or online. Or what alter-egos have you formed on the net?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #96
KontanKarite

Mindless1.... Leave. Right now. Go. Just leave. I'm not even going to bother flaming you. Just... go away.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #97
mindless1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Mindless1.... Leave. Right now. Go. Just leave. I'm not even going to bother flaming you. Just... go away.

That's pathetic. You don't own gothic.net. Get a life.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #98
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
That's pathetic. You don't own gothic.net. Get a life.

And the consensus is that no one even LIKES you here. Perhaps me telling you to leave is doing you a favor...

Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #99
Godslayer Jillian

Mindless, I have told you numerous times, you were the one that began everything, so just shut the fuck up.
The first fight you ever had with us was in a thread you made in which you wanted psychological help from us. A member told you to go to a psychiatrist rather than asking inexperienced anonymous people, and you told her to fuck off.
There you have it; you're a hypocrite.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #100
MollyMac

If you are not liked somewhere , and you know you are not liked, and since you hate it... why not stay? Prove us right. Please, stay.