Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #10301
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Ugh. Their modern music just turns me off big time. I also used to like them before "Sing the Sorrow" came out and they changed completely. To me, it felt like they sold out.

By the way, Cicero, is your username taken from "Arms of Cicero" by Sex Gang Children or what?
I'm not a fan of their latest music either, and I first got into them during the Art of Drowning period. But they're still AFI, they're the same band that wrote Black Sails in the Sunset, and I'm going to stick by them no matter what.

And... (this is the millionth time I've had to explain this to someone, haha) they didn't sell out. AFI worked so bloody hard to get where they are, and guess what... They're still staying in shitty hotels and playing in shitty venues. There is very little money and very little luxury involved in being in a minorly successful band. If anything, I'm grateful for what they've gained in these past few years, even if it means they get shown on MTV every now and then. It's meant they've toured where I've had a chance to see them, haha.

And yes, Arms of Cicero was my inspiration for the name . The "Mrs Sexgang" title beneath it is also a clue to my love for the Sex Gang Children.

In other news, has anyone here seen Borat yet? It's cringingly hilarious. I loved it.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Old 11-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #10302
Godslayer Jillian

So, I'm preparing myself for the most boring week of all.
Sure, I got a Thanksgiving break, but most of my friends didn't; as so, I have five week days of having absolutely nothing to do.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #10303
BlackButterfly

Aww... that sucks, Jillian... I wish I could send you pie. (I have enough stuff to do about 15 at the moment... Pecan, anybody?)

I went through something like that the one year I was in a Christian private school (which I hated because of all the stuck-up rich kids, but I digress...): we got the whole week off, but everyone else left for home and I was stuck in the dorms all alone... did a lot of reading that week...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 11-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #10304
Neurosis

I know how Christian private school life is. My father had only enough to pay tuition for my sister and I. Unlike the other girls, they engaged themselves with American Girl dolls (each costing $84, not counting the accessories sold seperately), about two or more for each girl.

My sister and I were left out in doing so. They've once had a game, where, if you've lost, you were sported with a letter. If the letter had spelt out the word, then you were to be stood in front of the wall, while the other children threw tennis balls at our backs. A few threw basketballs. Our teachers did not help us. With the pain of the balls thrown at us, they've told us to suck it up and deal with it.

I am too glad to be out of that school.

--Neurosis
Old 11-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #10305
PersephoneX

WTF?!? what a heap of crap! Little kids are such idiots.
want me to go postal? i'll slash some tyres and fling some bricks! Revenge is a dish best served with Chips?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #10306
BlackButterfly

...and that was another "Angry Poetic Moment with PersephoneX"...

(sorry, I absolutely could NOT resist...)
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 11-20-2006, 12:29 AM   #10307
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I went to public school. *exhudes knowledge of how to avoid getting stabbed/shot/beat up* Just kidding, nothing happened at my school. Not while I was there, anyway. Nothing good, nothing bad. *sigh*

BLARGH Why must I be nocturnal??
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #10308
Solumina

so yeah I said that I would be around for a while and then I kind of didn't post for about a month, sorry about that, school just got a little crazy
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-20-2006, 03:34 PM   #10309
Magpie_Tendencies

Well, welcome back again then
Old 11-20-2006, 03:43 PM   #10310
Neurosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
WTF?!? what a heap of crap! Little kids are such idiots.
want me to go postal? i'll slash some tyres and fling some bricks! Revenge is a dish best served with Chips?
Well, it may sound like "crap" but it really did happen. I'm not going to go extensive in what they have done to my sister and I, but I will say that most have apologized, and a few are still good friends between us.

Private school was also home to outstanding rules. They had a handbook of their rules and on one page, listed actions of demerits (as in not pushing your chair in) and connected a Bible verse for that demerited action (who can find a legitimate Bible verse that explains pushing chairs in??).

Another faulty area of that private school was the credits attained from graduation were not eligible for most colleges. The only colleges that did accept those credits were other Christian colleges. One, Pensacola Christian College is notorious for their segregation by gender. A large and extensive campus, but segregated almost completly: seperate stairwells, elevators, cafeterias, classrooms, even sidewalks! If you do anything outside of the campus with a member of the opposite sex, you must have a certified PCC chaperone. Otherwise, it is forbidden. Contact is a major rule. No contact whatsoever, not even a handshake or a friendly hug. Eye contact is strictly forbidden, to have students not have "thoughts of undressing people".

And even then, the credits you earn from that school do not apply if you opt for a transfer. You are into the school two years, and expect to be a junior in another school. Because the credits you've worked hard to build up, they are not accredited to other universities, therefore, you must start anew: as a freshman in college.

It's not worth it at all.

--Neurosis
Old 11-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #10311
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
Well, welcome back again then
Haha, I should say the same of you too.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #10312
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Neurosis, that school system sounds stupid. Damn ploys to try to keep people religious when they don't want to be...

My school just poured all their money into leadership and basically ignored everything else. Their priorities were leadership, science, sports, art. In that order. It sucked.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #10313
Neurosis

There are people in the brochures they send us (my sister wanted to apply there) that are proud to be in that school. Their pictures are the prim and proper 1950s preppy look. And it's funny how in those brochures, they present students of both genders interacting in classes, when in reality, they do not.

Also, when you do graduate with a diploma, (let's say Elementary School Teaching) you are not eligible to teach a regular public school, since the diploma you've earned is not accepted at most schools. The only school you actually can teach is at a Christian private school that support those colleges.

What goes around, comes around. It's a never-ending phase of true legalistic Christianity.

--Neurosis
Old 11-20-2006, 09:01 PM   #10314
PersephoneX

the offer still stands...i'll slash some tyres and chuck some bricks!
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #10315
BlackButterfly

Ye gods, I love my hair!

...the dense, chaotic wilderness of tightly packed curls that sits high atop my head like a dark chocolate stormcloud... a crown of richest umber that can be shaped unto my liking, a thing I can truly call my own...

...can anyone tell I just washed my hair?

(psst--PersephoneX, maybe you should do it anyway... you know... just to get it out of your system...)

c130
Old 11-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #10316
PersephoneX

yeah...i think i'm going to do that...
just for the hell of it...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #10317
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Chuck bricks! I would, but that would mean getting out of bed.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #10318
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Haha, I should say the same of you too.
Heh heh heh. Yeah, I haven't been around for a while. Thanks for the welcome

Maybe I'll go make a new intro...
Old 11-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #10319
DarkHeartedDemoness

Or, you could resurrect your old one, and we could all see how much you've changed! I don't know... Just an idea.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #10320
roserougesang

It's good to see that some old members are returning.

That reminds me, I might make a new intro sometime.......
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #10321
PersephoneX

i see a bad moon arising.... o.O why is the slug in my head singing that to me???
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #10322
c130

Help! I was burning a candle and waving it around a bit (don't ask, lol) and some drops of molten wax landed on my clothes and hardened there.

Is there any way to get the wax off? Or will it just melt off/dissolve when the clothes get washed?
Old 11-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #10323
knightmare

The best way to remove wax from clothing is to place a brown paper bag, like a Burger King bag, and after placing it over the stain, iron it. The heat will cause the wax to restick to the paper bag.

I was thinking during dinner about the state of food over the next several years. Seafood won't be existent according to ecologists over the next forty years, and Mexican food like burritos are the most popular food types. Food is definitely going to stink. At least, toilet solvent producers will make a great profit due to Mexican food.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #10324
bjork_freak

You know what song I love? Ice Cream from New Young Pony Club. If you haven't heard it, you might here it on the Intel processors commercial.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #10325
Draconysius

I finally got my long-sleeved fishnet top in the mail yesterday. It looked so small it could fit a baby doll, but it actually (kind of) fits me. I guess those things are designed to stretch for any shape, huh? I wanna wear my ripped Specimen "Kiss kiss bang bang" DiY shirt with it Friday! The seller included a complimentary gift (a pair of red fishnet arm warmers) too, so that was cool! Check out eBay, you fucky fucks!
Closed Thread