Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:35 AM   #101
Bete Noire

I have tried for years to find a film that scares me, but so far I haven't managed to find a single one! I used to watch countless zombie movies when I was about 7. Loved them but didn't find them in the least bit scary.
A bit off topic, but what did people think of the hilarious "From Dusk 'Til Dawn?" I loved it.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #102
Beowulf

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I have tried for years to find a film that scares me, but so far I haven't managed to find a single one! I used to watch countless zombie movies when I was about 7. Loved them but didn't find them in the least bit scary.
A bit off topic, but what did people think of the hilarious "From Dusk 'Til Dawn?" I loved it.

Bete Noire, That is an excellent film !!!.

Kate: Are you okay?
Seth: Peachy, Kate. The world's my oyster, except for the fact that I just rammed a wooden stake in my brother's heart because he turned into a vampire, even though I don't believe in vampires. Aside from that unfortunate business, everything's hunky-dory.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:42 PM   #103
slipshodsally

Salem's Lot really freaked me out.
The beady eyes popping out of the dark corner.
Corny, I know, I still can't watch that movie!
slipshodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #104
slipshodsally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycophAntichrist
I think I was about 6 or 7, and this movie - I think it was basically a take-off of Jaws, but with a killer whale as the 'monster' - just happened to be starting on TV when I walked into the living room.

Just did a search and 'Orca' is the name of the movie, here's the blurb:

"The killer whale is one of the most intelligent creatures in the universe. Incredibly, he is the only animal other than man who kills for revenge. He has one mate, and if she is harmed by man, he will hunt down that person with a relentless, terrible vengeance - across seas, across time, across all obstacles."

Anyway, I saw the scene when the men on the whaling boat harpoon the Orca's mate, and haul her on board; you can hear her otherworldly, terrified sounds as she is dragged onto a deck which soon becomes slick with her blood. I'm not sure if she actually gives birth to her calf on the deck too, but I think she does.

I couldn't stand it.

I'd have to say at that time I was quite difficult to scare, having grown up during a time when the 'moral majority' didn't think that watching violent movies had the potential to turn seemingly innocent children into Mr Hyde - but just watching that scene shook me up.

I think I'll get that movie out and watch it if it's still around. But I'll be siding with the killer whale...
When I saw Jaws for the first time I was afraid to sit on the toilet in fear Jaws would bite my butt!
TRUE STORY!
slipshodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #105
Malady

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipshodsally
When I saw Jaws for the first time I was afraid to sit on the toilet in fear Jaws would bite my butt!
TRUE STORY!

I had the same fear after watching Jaws. 0.o
Malady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:38 AM   #106
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipshodsally
TRUE STORY!
My little cousin (she was thirteen at the time) had the same problem, but because of the movie Dreamcatcher

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #107
Elder

Two films that really scared me were, "Don't look now", and "The Entity".

If you've seen either film you will understand why.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #108
Child_of_Fury

There was also this one episode in "Tom & Jerry", where the small, lazy-looking dog (can't remember their names) went into an apparently haunted house with his dim friend, and there was this some mean guy that put a sheet over himself and pretented to be a ghost. In the end, there was a real ghost in the house as well; he held his head on a plate or something. I remember the real ghost freaking me out.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #109
critterkhan

There weren't very many movies that scared me as a kid. Even as a squeak, I use to laugh at Jason and Freddy and the like. I'd have to say that the movie Phantasm kind of freaked me out, though. And one episode of Unsolved Mysteries- the "real" ghost stories one. To this day, the theme song sends shivers down my spine (and there's not much that can do that).
critterkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #110
the_ink_bleeds_faster

There was only one movie I think that scared me really bad. And it was It....But now, that turnedout to be a good movie to me.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #111
cradle

ugh...IT scared the crap out of me.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #112
Crying_Crimson_Tears

"The Neverending Story" and "E.T."

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #113
XxDeranged InsanityxX

"Child's play" and "IT"
XxDeranged InsanityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #114
Radiant Eclipse

The movie IT really freaked me out as a kid, i was scared of clowns for the longest time after that movie.
Radiant Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #115
XxDeranged InsanityxX

...I still am afraid of clowns!
XxDeranged InsanityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #116
WolfInstinct

Beetle Juice, that's the only movie that has scared me - ever.
But I havn't seen that for like. . . nearly a decade.

Great, now I want to go watch that.
WolfInstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:15 AM   #117
Slap Your Love

Whoa whoa whoa, I loved the breakfest club. Ha. =X But I got to say Nigtmare on Elm Street did it in for me as a kid as well as this cheesy movie called Pumkin head, or something. Yea. Scary. -.-
Old 08-25-2006, 04:09 PM   #118
She_Is_My_Sin

Well it wasn't a film, but there was this t.v show called the Moomins that used to totally freak me out as a child. For a start I didn't like the moomins themselves, but there was this one epsiode where it was really windy outside & it meant something was going to arrive. Well anyways they locked the door & it was dark. Over the hills they could see a shadow of something & it kept getting nearer & nearer. Suddenly there was a knock at the door & one of them opened it. There was the most evil looking....um 'thing' at the door, with big, scary, wide eyes & a sinister grin. It was just rocking back & forth at them in the rain. It doesn't sound 100% scary, but as a child I could just sense the meanacing vibe from it....

I shudder just thinking about it.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #119
Young-goth

I used to be scared of the exorsist because even though she was with her mum she still got taken over by the devil which was the bit I found most scary, because it meant who ever you were with you could still be hurt so it made me feel really unsafe because even being around my family I didn't feel safe because you cant see ghosts so you cant protect yourself and neither can you family.

That and the part where she twisted her head around that frit the life out of me.

Last edited by Young-goth; 11-06-2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: grammar
Young-goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #120
we_are_138

When I was a kid I watched Halloween every damn year. I was simultaneously frightened and completely attracted to Michael Meyers. STRANGE! Halloween I and IV are the best.

The Exorcist, hands down. I grew up in a house that was built in 1860. Really scary Bates Hotel kind of house. So it was scary watching that movie in my house. The Exorcist III was also freaking gnarly!

When I was in 7th grade, I saw Candyman. HOLY CRAAAP!!! Then of course i was terrified but had a crush on candyman. I am so weird! Damn you Clive Barker with your erotic hot scary movies!

When I was young, I watched a lot of Nick At Night. I don't know if they still do that, but on Nickelodeon, they would show old TV shows after 8pm. Around 10:00, the Alfred Hitchcock show would come on. I would be scared just by the introduction of that show. I only was able to watch one episode. I'm sure it's probably a little hokey and campy by today's standards, (i don't know I haven't watched it since then) but it was the scariest show ever.

Someone mentioned that Part in PeeWee's Big Adventure with the car and all the strange signs, but don't forget about LARGE MARGE!! that part scared me when i was a kid. "Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya! hahahhah"
we_are_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:01 AM   #121
Broken_Pixy

Jaws 4 (I was 4 and freaking afraid of water)
The Shining
Alien (I just ran away and couldn't sleep for like... 2 months!)
Broken_Pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:45 AM   #122
Lurcita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
"The Neverending Story"
it was the wolf right? cause i was the same

and the beginning of thriller is very frighting eek

also room 217/237 from the shining is my worst nightmare
Lurcita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:46 AM   #123
Broken_Pixy

Another one that scared the poop out of me was a horror clowns movie... dunno the name but it was pretty scary.
Broken_Pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:43 AM   #124
Feralboy101

Mmmm... I'm gonna have to go with Nightmare on Elm Street.Movies don't generally scare me, but that was one that stuck with me.
Feralboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #125
Linen

CHUCKY!!! Definitely the Child's Play movies. I used to think my dolls were going to come to life and stab me!!! Also Nightmare on Elm Street - Freddy is freaky!
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote