Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #101
Godslayer Jillian

Then we can also remember what constitutes a fascist state:
Nationalism - "Love it or leave it"
Militarism - "Support the troops"
Anti-Communism - The Red Scare
Totalitarianism - The consistent increase in Executive power superseding congress, which always happens with conservative presidents (though it also happened with FDR)
Corporatism - Need I say anything about this one?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #102
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
As people seem to have gone over my little not-so-funny-but-still-haha joke, I'm going to talk a little about this:
What kind of liberals are we talking about in here?

If we're talking about the real definition of liberal, then know that it means pretty much what people think is a libertarian nowadays. It is about individual freedom, but tends to be socially conservative, allowing for hierarchies, oligarchies, and all sorts of shit out of free enterprise.

If we're talking about the normal definition of liberal then I have no idea where the hell you're all pulling your arguments from. Modern liberals are simply inconsistent people that don't know the first thing about politics but don't want to appear close-minded. Conservatives are hypocritical; 'liberals' are just inconsistent, because they're opinions are contradictory sometimes only because they never really thought about them.
This is the problem with liberalism as I have grown up with it. My parents (and the majority of my family) always try to debate about how the United States is declining, but the debates never go past obvious facts. One of their main sources for information, more than half the time, is Air America Radio. While that's not to say that they don't go to other sources (i.e The New York Times), their views are usually slanted. When I disagree with them on any particular issue, they will try to be open-minded, but even in their open-mindedness is an underlying "If it's not liberal, it's wrong" attitude.