Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #1251
devereaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
My work week starts today so your post is really depressing. Friday is my Monday....*weeps*. Plus the fact that I am working four twelve hour days in a row........*weeps some more*
Yeah, sorry about that...completely inadvertent. I had originally tried to find a picture of the movie "Friday" with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, but I had to work with what I could find. We're all just slaves to the wage for the most part anyway, which ever way each of us has "the man" stickin' it to us.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:49 PM   #1252
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by devereaux
Yeah, sorry about that...completely inadvertent. I had originally tried to find a picture of the movie "Friday" with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, but I had to work with what I could find. We're all just slaves to the wage for the most part anyway, which ever way each of us has "the man" stickin' it to us.
Fight The Power!!!!
I have been listening to alot of Public Enemy lately and it's rubbing off. HA!

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #1253
MedicGirl

I want to rant!

I usually don't complain too much, but I'll give it a shot. I go to work...come home...my house is a mess! Keep in mind I have two toddlers...I have two...because I DO NOT WANT THREE! I pick up the books that are in the floor from the bottom two shelves that my two angels decided should not be there. Get that done and head to the living room where I pick up all the ornaments and place the BACK on the tree once again...pick up the couch cushions which appearantly don't belong on the couch. Vaccuum. Ok, living room's done. Head to kitchen. BOOKS ARE BACK IN THE FLOOR. Spankings all around! "GET AWAY FROM THE BOOKSHELF!" Pick books back up. Go to office to sit and smoke one. All movies are off the movie rack and in the floor! AARRRRGGGHHH!!! Pick up movies. Smoke cigarette. Go to bathroom. The top drawer is open and the box of Q-Tips is removed...and empty. Bathroom floor is COVERED in Q-Tips! Dammit! Pick up Q-Tips. Use restroom. Head to bedroom and make bed. (of course having to remove the Mega Bloks from under my sheets). Take toys to kids' rooms. All shelves have been emptied and tipped over in thier rooms. Create order in there. Walk back to living room. Replace couch cushions AGAIN. Look into dining room.........................BOOKS!

FARK IT! I'M GOING TO BED!

Thanks for listening.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #1254
Corpus_Draconis

Bed is good. Hot chocolate is good too. I'd make some, but I don't have any milk and it's just not the same with water.

I love how you go on about how messy they are, and still call them angels.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:52 AM   #1255
Demonista_Ravenesque

Medicgirl, after reading your post, I realised that baby sitting isn't all that bad

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 12-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #1256
gothictuesday

language is alive

In the gay marriage thread I posted a controversial analysis of the meaning of the word marriage, and no one will either agree with it and rebut it, they just completely ignore it. (B-b-b-but marriage is about love! she stammered.)

Most of the arguments in which I'm involved can be resolved, or at least moved toward resolution, by clarifying the terms and definitions being used, but hardly anyone cares to do so. They want to argue, not resolve the argument. They don't want new knowledge to be discovered. (She puts on her hat and prepares to be flamed with curses, though she would much rather have been roasted in the eloquent fire of irrefutable logic.)
Old 12-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #1257
rockandrose

Gothictuesday, there's really no need to merge your comments on marriage from the "gay marriages" thread into this thread to seek for other's attention.

I'm sure your posts have been read. Just because you didn't receive a direct reply regarding your last post in the "gay marriages" thread, that doesn't imply that your posts or opinions were ignored. I'm sure your opinions were taken into some consideration.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #1258
Tall One In Black

i kan speel relly gud

This isn't so much a rant as a message to those who can't spell. You know who you are.

When we correct your spelling and grammar, don't give us a reply that is patently false and/or hostile. For example:
1. I know my spelling sucks, but I don't care.
(I think you do care. You know your bad spelling makes you look like an idiot, and no one likes to look like an idiot.)
2. I know it's spelled that way, this is just the way I spell it.
(No, you didn't know it was spelled that way. You screwed up and are too immature to admit your mistake. Only a child would pretend that they'd invented a new way of spelling something just to keep from admitting a mistake.)
3. Fuck you! Who gives a fuck about grammar?!
(You're defensive because you know your spelling skills are atrocious.)

I know that some people on this board are overly aggressive when they correct others' spelling, which causes unneeded humiliation. But you need not mirror their aggression; you can be the mature one.

In case you hadn't noticed, message boards are a text-based communication medium. That means spelling and grammar are important. If you can't spell, you look stupid. When you retaliate with lies or hostility, you look immature as well as stupid. It's as simple as that.

Don't want to look stupid? Work on your spelling. Try turning off the TV and picking up a book. And if you do screw up, admit your mistake like a grownup. Even if you're 14 years old, you should be mature enough to admit when you're wrong. If you're 20 years old and can't admit your mistakes, well, that's just pathetic.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #1259
horrorgirl

Amen.*nods head*

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #1260
tenet_2012

Tall One In Black, you have very nice spelling and grammar.

--Geisha
Old 12-12-2005, 03:17 PM   #1261
Tall One In Black

Thank you, tenet. I appreciate that very much!

I am a word nerd to the core. I have an odd gut instinct when it comes to grammar. I can't always quote the applicable rule of grammar, but I know the answer just by what feels right. Some sort of grammar ESP, perhaps?

I can also thank the thorough grammar lessons of Sister Grace Marie in 8th grade.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #1262
·Kaôh·

I'm gonna change the subject here radically.

I'm tired of people who think that south-american countries are all about the drugs, that everyone has chickens as pets, that we are mentally behind that everyone else and that they pity us for what they think they know because some kind of shitty Hollywood movie (ehem...*Mr. and Mrs. Smith* ehem), and that Latin America it's Mexico all the way (I don't have any purpose to offend mexicans)

I don't like the fact that all the good bands go to make concerts in Chile, that the only good massive alternative/rock music festival in Bogota it's once a year and that I can't just wave the thing off.

I guess that that's the thing I have to say (for now). I've noticed some people here think that and I don't like that, but ayway I can't change them and I don't want to be flamed for it.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #1263
AlKilyu

Yeah that is tough.

btw How did you make that post? Is your computer gas powered or is there a chicken running in a wheel that generates power for it?

^_^
Old 12-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #1264
Jane13

Kaoh, I know what you mean... not really from personal experience, but I have friends from Chile, El Salvador and Puerto Rico and EVERYONE assumes they're Mexican! They don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Chile, people 0.0
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #1265
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofatragedy
Rant

I went to my friends funeral today. And it seems no one on the road has the fucking decency to understand what a funeral procession is.

To those people, learn to slow the fuck down. It is a funeral procession, have some fucking respect. You may not know them but be courteous, slow down and quit trying to cut in. Because when idiot drivers pull in the procession it is hard for the rest to keep up so we can all arrive to the cemetary to pay our last respects.

I was in amazement today how many inconsiderate people felt to need to cut in, completely ignore the police assistance. Unbelievable.

I'm sorry baby. I know people are jerks when it comes to stuff like that. I've rode in ambulences on seperate occasions in the front seat...with my mother and a couple of times with my father. I noted how people for the most part were good and got out of the way, but there were those.

And I know how on that day, you don't understand why the world is still going. You wonder why only Popes and celebrities get such recognition when they pass, but not someone you care for.

But mostly I know that Steven is the luckiest out of all of us, because he is in a better place that is free from every type of pain, sorrow, grief, and yes, the inconsiderate people of this world. My dad used to say that we have it all wrong...that we rejoice when someone is born and mourn when they die. When someone is born, they are unhappy and cold and scared having been yanked out of a nice warm place. When they die, they are happy, at peace, in a place far better than we can imagine, and we mourn because we miss them, when in reality we should be estatic that they are happy.

But that's easier said than done, he even said he could never get that right.

As always, day or night, I'm here.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #1266
AlKilyu

We will be in three days! ^_^
Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM   #1267
AlKilyu

Thanks! Trust me I know. I've always wanted to move to Texas, even before I met her. Of course I would love to move to San Antonio as opposed to Dallas or Corpus, but time and her will tell.

Can't move to Clark, it no longer exists!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 AM   #1268
tenet_2012

I dislike a lot of things about our culture and society.

I hate a few, because societies and cultures evolve and grow.

But, above all things I hate in this world:

I FUCKING HATE FUCKING TWEAKERS!!!!!

I got all the shit stole out of my car again today. By, fucking tweaker bastards!

I'm gonna kill them this time!

--Geisha
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #1269
devereaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I dislike a lot of things about our culture and society.

I hate a few, because societies and cultures evolve and grow.

But, above all things I hate in this world:

I FUCKING HATE FUCKING TWEAKERS!!!!!

I got all the shit stole out of my car again today. By, fucking tweaker bastards!

I'm gonna kill them this time!
I'm really sorry to hear about that, I know those meth-freaks are heartless and mindless trash. Would insurance be able to cover you or your stuff at all?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:10 AM   #1270
Blushing Heliophobe

Hmm. Let's see.

I hate being the middle man at work. Bossman wants to know what the hell is going on every two seconds. Other guy is too lazy to do what you told them to. You tell someone to do something that Bossman told you to tell them to do, and they get mad.

Aagh!

Don't be lazy assholes!

And don't sass me!

Next person to sass me gets a ninja star to the face!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 AM   #1271
Wise Child

I have a flatmate who plays Britney Spears, very loudly. And another who insists on telling me I'd be quite attractive if I weren't a goth.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:04 AM   #1272
syn

Have you ever thought of skewering them both on a big pointy stick and putting them out of their misery? Or just poking the second flatmate in the eye and telling them they'd look more attractive with both their eyes?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 AM   #1273
Wise Child

Both good ideas, but no. I just put their ignorant stereotypes to work for me and distract them whenever they're trying to sleep/study by baying at the moon. One of them put up a Britney Spears signed photograph in the kitchen. Fuckin' kid expected me to EAT in front of it. So I "improved" it with a large beating black heart surrounded by a crown of thorns and gothy eyeliner. You should have seen her face - it was almost tragic. Almost. Mwahahahah
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #1274
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
You wonder why only Popes and celebrities get such recognition when they pass, but not someone you care for.
Don't take it so hard Al, it's police and secret service motorcades that get them that "recognition", and not some sort of overwhelming respect for the VIPs passing through.

That's why I wanna drive a Panzer or Sherman tank. For that extra edge on the road....
Old 12-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #1275
Tall One In Black

My rant:

I went to work without makeup this morning. A female co-worker asked me, "Are you feeling okay today?"

I absolutely HATE that I look tired and sick every day... when I'm not tired or sick!

I know that I look that way, but it still hurts my feelings when somone points it out to me.