Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #1551
horrorgirl

Nope....you are not a camera whore. That is a good thing.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #1552
joyslayer

Cameras are alot of fun to mess with. Especially when you take pictures of random people that you don't know.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #1553
Circle V

You can get into trouble by posting pictures of people you don't know, however.

How the hell did you get so many posts?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #1554
Tall One In Black

It's not the taking of the photos that makes one a camera whore; it's the posting.

Taking loads of photos can be a fun hobby, and I think one's own self can make for an interesting subject.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #1555
joyslayer

I don't post picteres of people I don't know, I just take pictures of them to freak them out. Then I delete them. I don't know how I got that many posts....... o_O

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #1556
syn

is it just me who finds new years over rated?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #1557
Needled

I don't think New Years is overrated. I would have to say it's one of my favorite holidays... It's the beginning of a new year. You can make resolutions, and start over if you wish. Of course you can start over anytime, but it just seems more appropriate to start over at the beginning of a new year. It's an opportunity to celebrate with family and friends.. celebrate whatever's to come in the next year, and all the good and bad times of the previous year. On January 1st I always feel so refreshed. It's like I'm reborn.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #1558
joyslayer

I happen to find New Years a waste of well, everything. Every freakin year, its the same thing, get blind drunk, and sleep til 9 pm, It gets old. ANd then everybody is asking, What is your resolution? Mine this year, is to see how many times I can avoid that question. I hate Holidays, everyone expects me to be this skinnier female version of Santa Claus, and run around with this ugly fake grin on my face. I would scare people off more so than I usually do If I did that. And then starts the family thing. I love my friends, but not the family. My uncles and aunts are constantly drunk, my own freaking cousins try to pick me up and hit on me, my parents are too busy trying to make me look like a freakin doll, and all this other crap. It is no fun, nor is it needed.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #1559
FenrisQueen

well said.

On another note, I am having big relationship problems. I've been off and on dating this guy for a few years. But now we're having big problems. Like, we got drunk, and got in a fight, he called me a whore and I broke his nose. ok. We decided to take a break. So he gets a new girlfriend, and I get set up on a date. With a guy I've liked for a while. So we go on a date, and who is on a date but my ex? (I'm not giving out names) He gets all pissed off and possessive, and tells me I am not allowed to date anyone. But, apparently, he isn't stricken with the same limitations! Jealousy in a relationship is one thing, but when you break up, you lose the right to have any say.
I told him to go to hell. He *hits* my date. Hits him! What is that about?
He came over and apologized, and said he wants to try and work it out. Then his -girlfriend- calls, and he has to leave. To pick her up from work.
Oh yeah. We're really making progress.
To be honest, I do love him, but he's a little to double standardly for me. So it's over. For good.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 01-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #1560
AlKilyu

Welcome back Fenris!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #1561
FenrisQueen

Thanks Al. I missed everybody a lot!
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 01-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #1562
Empty_Purple_Stars

Wolfie was looking for you in Randomness, I do believe..

Glad You're back.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #1563
FenrisQueen

I shall find Wolfie and snuggle her for she is yummy!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #1564
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen
Thanks Al. I missed everybody a lot!
Glad to see ya back!!!!

And well-timed, I might add. You said in the 'piercing' thread that you do your own piercings? With what? And is it hard?

*HUGZ*
Old 01-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #1565
FenrisQueen

Well timed indeed. I just read your randomness post.
I usually use a safety pin or a needle. Safety pins give you a bit more leverage. It's not too hard, I prefer it to having a stranger stick something in me.
....That might have sounded just a little bit more dirty than I thought it would.
I'm sorry, Wolfie. I cannot hug you until I see baby pictures!
Ok...maybe just a short one. ::huggles::
Old 01-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #1566
WolfMoon

Well, I heard there was a problem with 'weirdos' doing things to pix of peoples kids on here, so I haven't posted any.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #1567
FenrisQueen

::shocked:: That's awful. I know we have some problems, but most of us are semi-okay. It's a child! That's just completely twisted and uncalled for. I understand and respect your decision. Even without a picture to reference, I bet he's gorgeous. Look at his mommy!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #1568
WolfMoon

Awww, shucks!

Thanks Love!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #1569
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
I am sick of people telling me what I *should* do. Unless you pay my bills, or are asked for the input, shut the fuck up.
Amen to that. I'd even go farther to say that just because someone is asked for input, does not then give them the right to insult or judge you because said input or advice was not followed to the letter. Just because I don't do what a friend suggested does not mean I did not value the input and take it into consideration.

I ask for advice, consider my own feelings, think it all over, and make my own decision and then he tells me our friendship means nothing because what... I disagreed with him? What the fuck is that all about? And this has happened how many times during the last six years and I'm still friends with him why?

Arg.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #1570
urian

Ok. May be a long rant so be warned.

I have a friend with a heart of gold. She is an absolute sweetheart. There is nothing she wouldn’t do for her friends or her little girl. The only problem is that she’s engaged to a schmuck. He’s a tried and true piece of work that is a waste of flesh.

He’s cheated one her, lied to her, kept his addiction from her (he was a meth addict), stolen money from her, berated her, and treats her little girl (his daughter) like crap because she’s wasn’t a boy.

But she stays with him because that’s who she’s convinced herself she wasn’t to be with…who she’s supposed to be with. She wants so desperately to have THE love that she’s consciously staying in a detrimental relationship. She longs for love so much that she’ll settle for the illusion.

I can kind of understand because the illusion is, more often than not, better than the reality. It’s usually prettier, more romantic, more dramatic and (in some ways) more fun than reality.

I know where she’s coming from because I was in a relationship like that once. I was so wanting for that deep, soul searing, and earth shattering love that I let myself be led and used by a woman I knew was lying to me, cheating on me (and had cheated) and manipulating me. I had proof multiple times that she had been unfaithful but I let her convince me that it was all my fault and my doing. But no sympathy here because that’s the way I shaped my world. I had convinced myself that she (and the illusion) were what I wanted.

I finally got free of that and I’ve been a better person for it. I’ve been stronger and a lot less gullible in regards to people and their bullshit. That’s why I’ve pulled most of my hair out trying to talk to her. I’ve tried to get her to see that she’s a good person and can find someone that will treat her and her daughter well but she doesn’t want to listen to me or any of her friends.

In the end people will do what they wish and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Train wrecks will happen and all friends can do is sit back, watch the wreck and help to pick up the pieces later.

Thanks for letting me vent yet again guys. Thanks

In case anyone was wondering, I did find THE love. In my beautiful, loving and eternally patient wife, otfw.
Urian
Old 01-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #1571
mortalitas incomitatus

here here t-stone
xXx

*another eliter*
Old 01-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #1572
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian
In case anyone was wondering, I did find THE love. In my beautiful, loving and eternally patient wife, otfw.
Urian

WHA?????

you two are married?
since when?
no body tells me anything!!!!!
that rocks.

and as for your friend, she will eventually wake up to him.
i was with an alcoholic/gambler/meth head for three years.
one day i snapped and woke up, she will eventally do the same.
just be standing there to help when she does.

*another eliter*
Old 01-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #1573
joyslayer

*shakes head* Love can be quite a confusing thing. What appears to be love, can be mistaken for a true frienship. Or what appears to be love, is really fear. A thing so fragile should not be taken lightly. Urian, nothing can sway her descision except herself. Sometimes we fall so deeply into our own emotions, we forget about reality. Nothing else matters, we don't see anything else. Try and see if you just get her to listen, because you truly care about her, she should atleast try to listen. But be gentle, don't lay anything down upon her with out proper thinking first on your part. Make it seem like she is pointing it out to herself, you are just simply guiding her. Like a good friend.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #1574
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I’ll direct this to manimal, since he’s the kind of man I like to think of myself as aspiring to. If you are one of the valued few on the inside, and know the inner workings of how dinner gets on his table, or even a vague assumption like me, then you can piecemeal that he done did say, and come away from the table satiated, even thoroughly well dinned. Even after he’s been whipped ala Passion O the Cripes, spat upon shat upon, he still makes with the branch of olive hue, two turtle doves, whilst knitting the friendly BFF bracelet.

OK, I’m exaggerating, but not about the respectability of his actions. That, mein friends, is pure and unadulterated beauty of the highest quality. He’s got my vote, even if he can’t walk on water; the drippings from his nozzle are like droplets of wine.

Wine I say!!!
Whoever said you didn't have Good Taste was Huffing Paint!!!

Old 01-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #1575
urian

mortalitas, joy, Thanks for your advice. And I know you're both right but sometimes it gets REALLY aggrevating because it seems that EVERYONE sees the truth but her.
I just hope it doesnt end too badly when everything comes to a head, if it ever does.

thanks again.

oh, mortalitas, we have been together for 10 years now. Well, in truth , we were separated for 3 years but we got our heads on straight, put our pride aside and we've been doing wonderfully since.