Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #151
creature6

i love sarcasm ..........
but unfortunately you are not very good at it.
i can only pity you.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #152
Mir

LMFAO!!!!! Good one.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #153
honeythorn

Gosh how cutting of you I think I may weep.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #154
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
I also went to gradeschool with kids named Stoney, Mercedes, Bacardi and Precious.
I wish I'd grown up where you live...any idea how fun it is constantly being called Mercedes Benz & being asked if I born in one? Or did my parents want one? *shudders* Not only that but it's as annoying as hell to never be able to find your name on any of those things that you see in stores. People seem to think it's cool now, but as a kid...As for the whole kid thing, I find there are times I really want one or two, then there are other times I see/hear brats screaming/crying whatever & think, I can understand why some animals eat their young. Some people deffinitely SHOULD NOT breed...
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #155
Saya

I like the name Mercedes, maybe its because this is Canada but its not THAT unheard of for a name. I think of The Count Of Monte Cristo before I think of the car.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #156
The Divine Ms. M

Thanks! I wish more people thought like you lol. When I found out about The Count of Monte Christo I thought it was the most awesome thing ever & I figure hey, if Janis Joplin could sing about my name, it's not so bad I heard that now people hear it & think...stripper. Not sure if that's true or not or if it's a good or bad thing if it is though...
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #157
Saya

That does remind me of one thing I think weird, when anglophones who can't speak a lick of French give their kids French names. Mercedes I think is an exception, everyone knows how to pronounce it as everyone has heard of the name, but like a schoolmate of mine named her son François, she flunked out of French in grade nine o.O
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #158
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Gosh how cutting of you I think I may weep.
do as you wish.
People like you can only make me laugh and i find it hard to take them seriously.
Carry on.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #159
Pineapple_Juice

I don't understand how the fact that we were all once children should make you automatically like children. Does a former rapist just love the shit out of other rapists? Does a former obese person just loooove fat people? The idea that just because you were a child at some point means you should like children doesn't even have any recognizable link. So what?

I don't understand why people think you're evil if you find kids horrifically annoying. Some people find Oprah horrifically annoying.

I don't understand why people get upset with you when they find out you don't like kids.

There isn't anything to like. Children possess all of the bad qualities adults possess and none of the goods ones. They are loud, selfish, prone to tantrums, they feel they must always get their way, you can't have an intelligent conversation with a child, they don't listen...

The most you can do with a child is make sure it doesn't accidentally kill itself, as it's stupid enough to do so easily. Now that I've said that, how can that ever be considered fun?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #160
carakitty

Wow Pineapple Juice, I don't usually call kids rotten but to have such strong hateful feelings toward them you must have met some REALLY rotten kids in your day!
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #161
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I don't understand how the fact that we were all once children should make you automatically like children.
There is a difference between not liking children and referring to a child as "it" and dehumanizing them the way that Honeythorn did. Honestly I don't like most children but at least I am open to getting to know the ones who act like decent human beings, small though they may be, and I don't get why people write off all children just for being children but I'll respect that opinion as long as you do your bit to avoid having one of your own, but it does bother me to see people treat children as though they aren't human and in some with less regard than they would many inanimate objects.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #162
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
There isn't anything to like. Children possess all of the bad qualities adults possess and none of the goods ones. They are loud, selfish, prone to tantrums, they feel they must always get their way, you can't have an intelligent conversation with a child, they don't listen...
All children are loud selfish and prone to tantrums? Children dont listen? Obviously you didn't listen to my story of my time sitting in college lecture halls as a child, because I can assure you if I were to have behaved like that as a child I most certainly would of been kicked out very quickly. While yes I can't say I could have an intelligent conversation with somone, that isn't due to ignorance, it is due to simply not understanding the whole picture due to lack of knowledge of the whole picture. You might as well expect somone to read the first sentence of a book and be able to write a 25 page essay on it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #163
creature6

Quote:
I don't understand how the fact that we were all once children should make you automatically like children. Does a former rapist just love the shit out of other rapists? Does a former obese person just loooove fat people? The idea that just because you were a child at some point means you should like children doesn't even have any recognizable link. So what?

I don't understand why people think you're evil if you find kids horrifically annoying. Some people find Oprah horrifically annoying.

I don't understand why people get upset with you when they find out you don't like kids.

The most you can do with a child is make sure it doesn't accidentally kill itself, as it's stupid enough to do so easily. Now that I've said that, how can that ever be considered fun?

you are seriously out of your mind and you have some serious issues.
you are wrong thinking that a child can not bring anything into your life.
They are not all stupid , some are clever.
You can have a conversation when they reach a certain age.
Children are part of the future.You are talking some serious non sense.
People like you should receive a lethal injection and not exist on this damned fucking world.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #164
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
you are seriously out of your mind and you have some serious issues.
you are wrong thinking that a child can not bring anything into your life.
They are not all stupid , some are clever.
You can have a conversation when they reach a certain age.
Children are part of the future.You are talking some serious non sense.
People like you should receive a lethal injection and not exist on this damned fucking world.
He has not caused any problems for children in his argument, and thus far he has never done anything or planned anything(as far as we know) against children that would cause such problems. So that means that his elimination would serve no purpose, except perhaps to try and eliminate a flawed idea, and trying to eliminate an idea with by eliminating one messenger of it, is like trying to carry water with your bare hands.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #165
creature6

i just got carried away with my words.
i just got personally upset by what she was saying.
As i'm pregnant and close to have my first baby,i find it somehow hurtful that some people should think like that.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #166
Mir

Renatus; PineapplePie is a chick.

Her feelings towards children are entirely her prerogative. My only problem with her argument is that she refers to ALL children in the same vein. It's just ridiculous, and completely untrue.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #167
honeythorn

I can tolerate them to an extent when they reach the age of approximately...5-7 and after that I'm usually not too bad as long as they aren't badly behanved or loud. Before that I avoid them as much as is humanly possible .Toddlers and babies are the absolute worst for me. I'd sit in a vat of centipedes before I hold anyone's baby or have some small toddler crawling on me.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #168
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Renatus; PineapplePie is a chick.

Her feelings towards children are entirely her prerogative. My only problem with her argument is that she refers to ALL children in the same vein. It's just ridiculous, and completely untrue.
Heh I realize that now, as my past history on gnet will show, including my past history with you, I forget the gender of people somtimes, my apologies... cookie?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #169
Mir

I'd be flattered if you thought of me as a chick. That'd make my day! =)
Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #170
Tiphareth

I believe the Beckham's called their first child Brooklyn because he was conceived there.
Good thing he wasn't conceived in Peckham huh?
Tiphareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #171
Mir

Or Barking. That would have been a funny name.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #172
Tiphareth

Or the toilets of the Dog and Duck!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #173
Mir

That sounds vaguely like an Ali G reference.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #174
Tiphareth

Well there y'go.
I bet you has some issue wid me cos i's black huh?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #175
Mir

I'm really not sure how you could have interpreted my statement to come up with that.

Edit: I just realized that is another Ali G reference. Like a white dude thinking he's black. ha, funny..