Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #176
Godslayer Jillian

Haha, actually you were the guy that made me trust the admins again.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #177
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Ah well, without bragging, if one looks at how I present my requests to them (the Admins), perhaps it will become apparent why. Respect, and validity. Personally, I don't like the troll either (I detest him), but the Admin's job is not to take sides in "bickering" as they put it. It is to administer the site, so I try to keep my requests in that context. It is just part of life that one comes across people you don't like, but if they don't come around after the first few go arounds, I ignore them rather than try to create a posse (although once a lynch mob has already formed, well, what the hell!). But I do fantasize about having the troll virtually annihilated! But I leave their comeuppance to others and karma/God/whatever.

You yourself earlier said the best advice in a thread somewhere: as long as we participate in the quality threads and not the pisspoor ones, we encourage and embellish that side of Gnet.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #178
DarkHeartedDemoness

Gothic.net:

Does it bother you, at all, that you seem to have a mutiny on your hands every few months? BeckySlater wasn't even here when Darren was originally here... It seems only logical, then, that the problem is not that she has a loyalty to the old administrator (Oh, come on. Don't try to say you have no problem with Darren.) but that for some reason, she has a problem with the current administration. I know her on other forums, and she's not, as a rule, a troublemaker.

You have a "mutiny", of sorts, on your hands because you've caused one. What did you think was going to happen when you banned EPS? When you banned Wolfmoon? When you banned loyal members and then deleted all of their contributions? And how conceited do you have to be, to believe that the problem MUST be the members, because it certainly couldn't be you?

I personally would suggest even a slightly more hands-on administration style. For instance, when your members email you, a response would likely be appreciated. And when you want to let a member know that she's on probation, you should probably tell her yourself, instead of going through channels to let her know that she's not even worth a PM. The morale on your boards is low, and that's not BeckySlater or anyone else's fault except yours. Yes, you, Amelia.

I have been waiting a LONG TIME to speak my mind to you. Honestly, it feels good to get it out, even if I know it'll likely be deleted. Which is ironic, because you're against censorship, right? Even racist people have a right to their opinion-- as long as that opinion isn't against the administration on your site.

You had loyal and valued members banned. You alienated your own moderating staff. And as a rule, you treat people poorly. I know this holier-than-thou thing is supposed to be goth, but from you, it just comes off as overly pretentious and bitchy.

I know that this post isn't likely to have any effect on you. That's not why I'm writing it. But if it does, I would say that some serious self-examination is in order. You have had unhappy and rebellious members since you took ownership. That's not because of loyalty to Darren, although that may play a part in it. Honestly, I liked Darren, but I was willing to give you a chance. I didn't really know his side of the story, and even after I did I felt that there was likely another side that I wasn't hearing, and I chose not to judge you because of it.

The reason I stopped trusting the current administration is as follows: I had my posts deleted without explanation for 48 hours. During that 48 hours, I sent several emails to this administration explaining the problem and asking for some assistance. After about a day went by, I assumed the administration was out of town or away from a computer (I realize that we're all real people and I don't want to fault anyone for it), and I decided to sit tight and wait until someone could respond to me.

It's been a year, and I still have not received a response. No explanation, no nothing. 48 hours is a long time on a fast-paced forum like this. Not long afterwards, I was given a warning. I was told that if I said one "rude" thing to any member, I would be banned. I was the only one who was given this particular probation. Interestingly, common consensus was that GeishaGirl, Sanctus_Dei, and Santarea were much "ruder" than I was when it came to breaking in the newbies. This preferential treatment was interesting, given the way the administration had treated me since their inception as owners. I had been a member of the forum for over 2 years, for longer, in fact, than Empty_Purple_Stars. I was fiercely loyal to this site. You destroyed that.

A frighteningly small amount of the changes you have made since Darren left have been positive. Once, I might have overlooked such shortcomings. Now, however, I can only say that you have truly failed.

-Xng
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #179
Corpsey

Xxxxxxnnnnnnnnnngggggggg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHearted Demoness
A frighteningly small amount of the changes you have made since Darren left have been positive. Once, I might have overlooked such shortcomings. Now, however, I can only say that you have truly failed.

-Xng
O_O

IT'S YOU!

I knew you couldn't be kept away! Excellent message to the current administrators!

Awesome, cos that's what it was, slander. I was rather annoyed by your statement "Trust me, I know", and then going on about the law without really putting down much data or explaining how you know this, and then complaining that BeckySlater should shut up about the law when she had cited some facts about internet law and explained that she had gained her knowledge from personal experience and stated that experience. When someone does that, I usually think "What a fuck-knuckle", thus I put it down. And just so you know, I have done that myself and thought later on "What a fuck-knuckle I was".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net
Exactly, and you, along with a small group of other former members, are the ones leading the charge on creating that perception. The same group of people who were responsible for creating the fake 'troll invasion' in March or whatever.
What? What the duece are you insinuating? That BeckySlater was one of them that started that fucking troll invasion so long ago? Before you start raving about how bad we naughty little old members are, proove this nonsense. Please, do you really think the majority of the members here will believe you, just because "I said so!"? That is rather too patronising, even for you.

Quote:
Ok, we'll try the explaination route, against my better judgement. Up till thismorning, we've not gotten any thread/post reports on any sort of 'cyber' thread. We'll go look for it, but Becky didn't report it, she just went on and on about how the government should be called into action because the admins here didn't catch a potentially inappropriate post that nobody bothered to report. The only post reports we've gotten recently (aside from the one you sent in on Becky and om3gag0th666 bickering over stupid things), up till thismorning anyway, are about Becky being a troll to be wholly honest. But Becky has already been kicked off before for being a problem, numerous times. We're just not falling for the fake innocent alarmist doom and gloom shtick from that crew anymore. They already wore out their welcome.

And look, the 'spambot' activity this afternoon dramatically increased. What an amazing coincidence.
Wait......waiiiiiiiit. Did I just read that? Becky, the TROLL? Trolls say nothing but nonsensical bullshite and do their damndest to annoy people. From what I've seen, Becky made plenty of cited data, and a decent argument against Omega, with Omega doing his grammar routine on Becky. I don't even need to say anything to explain that, a five year old could see the hypocrisy there.

Also, who is this crew that wore out their welcome?

Quote:
If you had access to as much information as the administrators do, you might start to see the connection, but that's not really important. Threads reported, threads evaluated, threads removed. But Becky was overreacting and got called out for it. There are people here who enjoy this site and are really tired of the small group of people who come here and try their best to get people all hopped up on some really petty complaints and manufactured problems. I'm not shocked that they are starting to get more pushback on their histrionic overly dramatic damnations of 'the admins' or the site or whatever. These are not real serious issues being presented and magnified. If Becky just didn't like the cyber thread, maybe she should have actually reported it, instead of making a case about how the site admins clearly condone this that and the other horrible thing, blah blah blah... Just report it and it's probably gone.
Thank you, oh dear Czar. I feel ever so enlightened. I believe it is ever so important, information is one of those beautiful things that I crave. Becky wasn't overreacting at all, it's a serious matter when cyber is left out for todlers to stumble accross, but it's good that the thread was removed finally.

Oh, and thanks for answering me before. So prooved me wrong. Won't be asking questions back at you guys EVER again will I, after that verbal ass-whupping?

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #180
DarkHeartedDemoness

I can be kept away. I came back because I'm working online for 8 hours a day, and I get bored easily... But I'm willing to go back to being bored.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #181
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbecomesme
Corpsey: Why did you put quoted by Fuck-knuckle? thats not my user name and if you want to discuss the fbi i could call them in for you calling me that when its slander...

and i did read her postings in it but the fact is she is wrong all the feds will do is take on the user posting not the owner of the site. I know the feds, one of my best freinds works at the FBI office in Texas, and i happen to be in the USAF and i took one year of law at the ACAD so i know what they can and can not do so don't test me. If they tried to take down the forum for someone esles posting the owner could take them to court for it, cause i have seen it done before.
That was supposed to go before the "Awesome" part, but it kept on screwing up due to a quoting error.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:01 PM   #182
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I can be kept away. I came back because I'm working online for 8 hours a day, and I get bored easily... But I'm willing to go back to being bored.
Kinda the same reason for why I came back too, but I also wanted to talk to the Wizard and Jillian. Unfortunately the Wizard has vanished.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #183
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
Kinda the same reason for why I came back too, but I also wanted to talk to the Wizard and Jillian. Unfortunately the Wizard has vanished.
I found a couple of decent kids, and honestly, I thought I could deal with it for a while, just to stave off the boredom... But I really can't. I'm surprised Becky hasn't come to the same conclusion.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 12-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #184
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I was happy to have finally met her, I have missed her when she went away. I always thought she was cool seeing her posts. You know I still don't understand why she was banned, nor do I understand this whole Becky thing. Are the admins going to have another banning rampage soon??? Wouldn't surprise me any.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #185
Corpsey

Quote:
I found a couple of decent kids, and honestly, I thought I could deal with it for a while, just to stave off the boredom... But I really can't. I'm surprised Becky hasn't come to the same conclusion.
She has, or she'd still be using one of her alter ego's. She's just too fed up to care any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimison_Tears
I was happy to have finally met her, I have missed her when she went away. I always thought she was cool seeing her posts. You know I still don't understand why she was banned, nor do I understand this whole Becky thing. Are the admins going to have another banning rampage soon??? Wouldn't surprise me any.
She had to go as a certain name because the admins would ban her on sight if they recoignised her. She was just banned without warning around May and decided to come back all the time to plead her case and ask for some answers as to why she was banned and got no official warning. At the same time, Manimal also got banned merely for putting his word in on a thread about why she got removed and that was the last major bann I think except for Happy Dude, although I may be wrong.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #186
Gothic.net

Quote:
Gothic.net:

Does it bother you, at all, that you seem to have a mutiny on your hands every few months?

-Xng

It's the same small group of people. Over and over again. You yourself have been knocked off the site several times too. The same group that goes and agitates other boards into attacking this one, the same ones that complain about everything. The same ones that wanted to give former mods superpowers so they could better disrupt this community under the guise of some manufactured 'troll invasion'. Seriously, if you don't like it, you have your own place to go. This competitive destructive nonsense is totally not necessary. We trusted some of these people a great deal and I'm VERY disappointed.

If EPS has what to say on the matter, let EPS talk for herself.

So, yes, it does bother me that your crew won't stop. It bothers me a great deal. And yes, honestly it has done what you wanted. It has made development on this site a much lower priority. We've hosted this site for years, we supported the former editor to be totally free in what he was doing. When he left, we improved the site, made it faster, added new features to help other sites in the genre, but your little crew just couldn't help but 'mutiny' as you call it. I know what your agenda was. I know what you were trying to do. But you've got your own thing, go make that a place you enjoy. Nothing we do here makes a positive difference to you anyway.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #187
Crying_Crimson_Tears

You do seem to have a mutiny. And I have seen no one do anything that made them deserve to get banned from the site. I think that's very unfriendly and makes this website a not-so-fun place to be if we have to walk on eggshells every time we want to speak.

And you people still do nothing about banning the people who do cause real problems. Such as Omega. He causes problems and he harasses people as well. I think he deserves to leave. And I have reported this 3 or 4 times already and nothing has been done.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #188
MollyMac

So, general question, if Omega gets to stay- then what the hell do you have to do to get banned? Seriously, its posts read like depavity pathetique and Wonderbread.

I don't see why members react if they want it to leave, all the same, I don't see why it should stay.
MollyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #189
Mir

My other profile still has'nt been deleted. Do I really need to go the kiddy porn route or can an administrator kindly help me out?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #190
Godslayer Jillian

Which was your other profile?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #191
Pyre

Mir is LostandCrazy

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #192
Mir

Correction. Mir "was" LostAndCrazy. I had an epiphany and I am, neither lost nor crazy anymore. All I want is my posts in the Literature thread to be deleted. Is that asking too much? *anger builds up steadily*
Old 12-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #193
MollyMac

You may have to sign on under your old name and get banned. Uncertain of what that would take, though.
MollyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #194
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Correction. Mir "was" LostAndCrazy. I had an epiphany and I am, neither lost nor crazy anymore. All I want is my posts in the Literature thread to be deleted. Is that asking too much? *anger builds up steadily*
Hey Mir, if I may offer a suggestion:

What you can do with your future posts so you have more control over them is to post links only on Gnet, to your writings back in your home page, then if you feel the need for the big eraser, you can remove them from your home page leaving a useless link on Gnet.

I don't do that personally, because I can accept that the world sees both my good stuff and my sucky stuff, as I have been acclamated to a 50% reject rate from the world over my lifespan so far. But anyway, I hope the idea helps.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #195
Mir

It is a great idea, its just that I do not want to post anything, that even remotely resembles a poem, on here anymore. All the stuff I've written lately, I've started forcing down other peoples throats now. hehe.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #196
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
You may have to sign on under your old name and get banned. Uncertain of what that would take, though.
That is exactly what I meant when I said, "Do I really need to go the kiddie porn route?". I do not want to. I should not have to. And others have gotten away with certain similar transgressions, so it probably won't even get me banned, just arrested or some such.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #197
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
It is a great idea, its just that I do not want to post anything, that even remotely resembles a poem, on here anymore. All the stuff I've written lately, I've started forcing down other peoples throats now. hehe.
But your stuff is worth reading. We wish it to stay<3

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #198
Mir

I wish the world was flat. We cannot always get what we want. =( How about a cookie instead? =)
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #199
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
That is exactly what I meant when I said, "Do I really need to go the kiddie porn route?". I do not want to. I should not have to. And others have gotten away with certain similar transgressions, so it probably won't even get me banned, just arrested or some such.
I know of a site or a few that you can use if you need any help Not for kiddie porn (though sometimes some assholes on the sites post it, but it gets removed as quickly as possible), but for anything crude/obscene in general.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #200
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
I wish the world was flat. We cannot always get what we want. =( How about a cookie instead? =)
But I have what I want. Your stuff is still there