Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #176
Malice In Wonderland

It sounds fucking cool.
Do it anyway!

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #177
honeythorn

I may well do when I have the cash as it is a bit dear really. But they have a sort of seat/saddle thing that vibrates as well. Looks completely filthy to my mind but....yeah, Imma try it : P
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #178
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I may well do when I have the cash as it is a bit dear really. But they have a sort of seat/saddle thing that vibrates as well. Looks completely filthy to my mind but....yeah, Imma try it : P
That certainly sounds... healthy.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #179
JCC

If you truly do think that you have some kind of mental compulsion to eat, there are a lot of foods out there that seem wholesome but contain barely anything. Rice cakes are a good example of that, organic and unsalted, naturally. You could eat 20 rice cakes and only have taken in something like 400 calories, and I guarantee that you will probably be satisfied after three or four. They are a great diet food and I totally swear by them.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #180
Necrophagist

I would just buy one Honeythorn. The cheapest ones are 150.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #181
honeythorn

I have absolutely no space for such a thing anywhere in my house.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #182
Necrophagist

Oh okay, but its cheaper in the long run than sessions.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #183
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
That certainly sounds... healthy.
It sounds very healthy, vibrating seats and the like used to be prescribed to women for just about everything, the release of endorphins treats a surprising amount of conditions.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #184
LakitaJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Be fair, she likes Spongebob too...
Does the mental image of Tam being domestically abused by a fruity, anthropomorphic sponge make anyone else giggle a little, too?
LakitaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #185
Solumina

Well they hadn't popped into my head until I saw your post but now I can't stop picturing it and giggling.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #186
Tam Li Hua

I have to admit, that -is- amusing.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #187
Tam Li Hua

Anarasha: I found this little exercise gem on Amazon. I bought this particular one so that I could get exercise while sitting at my office desk all day.

There's less expensive ones out there, but this one seemed to be the best one available for the price.

Pluses: It's small, easily transportable, less expensive than a full exercise bike, and you can use it inside while doing other things.

Minuses: I honestly can't think of one, except that I haven't figured out how to get the counter on this particular model to work. But, like I said, there's other models out there. ^_^
Old 11-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #188
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I can't afford to get ANYONE Christmas presents.
No wonder you're so grumpy. =( Sorry dude; that really -does- suck.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #189
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I thought you'd put me on ignore. And thus the fight continues.
I had...and then I found another thread where you had some pretty good, intelligent things to say.

You're a good guy, Jack, so I guess I just don't understand why this thread pissed you off so badly.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #190
Solumina

If you had him on ignore then how did you know he said something good and intelligent?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #191
Tam Li Hua

Solumina: Because there's a button above each ignored person's post where you can choose to view just that post if you would like. That way, you don't have to miss the whole conversation, but you also don't have to keep viewing anything derogatory that the person may say towards you or anyone else.

Pretty sweet little tool, actually; it's one of the only technical features on Gnet that I really like. The rest could use some serious updates by a real webmaster professional, IMHO.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #192
Solumina

Yes but why would you go and just randomly click that button? Wouldn't it be a lot more effective to either actually ignore the poster or just leave them off of ignore and just skim over their posts? After all if you are just going to click the button and read most of their posts then there really isn't a point of using the ignore feature.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #193
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Start Pilates now, it's not hard and it does make a difference AND you can do it in your house. You have no excuses.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #194
Pineapple_Juice

Pilates is so expensive, and someone chewed me out for suggesting someone else buy a pilates video and do it themselves at home. Think it was Solumina.
I did this Couch to 5k program thing and it works fairly well. It's a running thing where you start out walking and only do like twenty seconds of running and then when you feel comfortable with it you move up. So you exercise, but at your own pace. Thought I was going to pass out or throw up or have a heart attack the first time, and I'm not even overweight. After a while though you begin to want to run, 'cause of the endorphins I think.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #195
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Yes but why would you go and just randomly click that button?
I didn't. I was reading a thread [I don't remember what it was about], and wanted to see what he had to say.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a lot more effective to either actually ignore the poster or just leave them off of ignore and just skim over their posts?
Not if the person is constantly putting you down. I'd rather not view those kinds of things personally. Why do you think I've been avoiding this site for so long?

Quote:
After all if you are just going to click the button and read most of their posts then there really isn't a point of using the ignore feature.
*facepalm*

I didn't say I was reading most of his posts. It was one post on a random thread I was vaguely interested in. The rest of his posts that are usually directed towards me are full of insults I don't care to even have to skim over.

I've never understood why the ignore feature on this site is such a big friggin' deal on this site; I swear, it's the only forum site where I've seen the member whine so much against using the ignore feature. It's crazy.

If you don't want to use it, then don't use it; it's not really that big of a deal.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 AM   #196
Tam Li Hua

Sol: Besides, it's not like it's THAT much effort to click a button. [Yes, I would edit this statement into my previous post, but the editor on this site seems to suck, at least on Google Chrome.]
Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #197
Sir Canvas Corpsey

BUY the Pilates video? Are you fucking kidding me? There are plenty of free ways to learn the Basic 8 Pilates exercises and most of them involve the net. Admittedly I did it off the video, but that was because my highschool lent it to me.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #198
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
If you truly do think that you have some kind of mental compulsion to eat, there are a lot of foods out there that seem wholesome but contain barely anything. Rice cakes are a good example of that, organic and unsalted, naturally. You could eat 20 rice cakes and only have taken in something like 400 calories, and I guarantee that you will probably be satisfied after three or four. They are a great diet food and I totally swear by them.
Celery is like that as well.

Anarasha, seriously, you need to start walking a lot.

If you're having chest pains, back pains, and blackouts from walking, your circulation is really in the shitter. Start walking, and do it a lot.

Walk everywhere you can, lay off the ruddy smoothies, and don't make any excuses. Ever. The thing about kicking any habit is to not let yourself cheat at all. All you'll do is make it harder.

Hell, if you want help, have a friend of yours go walking with you. Make sure it's someone you have good conversations with. Just get on a road, walk, and talk. The hours will melt by.

Oh also, those protein bars/shakes. Avoid them like the plague. A good deal of them are COVERED in chocolate or filled with it, negating all nutritional value.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:06 AM   #199
Apathy's_Child

Yeah, what's with all the exercise equipment advice? I know some people find it helpful, but it's not really necessary if the guy really wants to get his family something nice for Christmas.

I'd definitely agree about walking - if you can't convince anyone to take you around for an hour, take a music player. Music gives you the psychological impression of energy anyway (that's why they play it in gyms), it won't strain your joints, and it'll accustom your body to exercise so that when Christmas is over and you can actually afford some exercise equipment, it won't be a useless purchase. It also gives you some tim away from everything, if you can find somewhere quiet to go. I go for a lot of walks for this reason. Probably why my lungs and fiitness aren't anywhere near as shot as my other friends who are heavy smokers, and my beer gut is pretty inoffensive all things considered.

As Jack said, diet bars/shakes are processed shit. Fruit is good but given the amount of sugar it contains, you should probably cut it out altogether - or, if you like too much, one piece a day max. Your best bet is low calorie, filling snacks (celery and rice cakes have been mentioned - carrot and cucumber sticks are another good one). Don't try to tolerate feeling hungry straight off if you're not used to it, as you'll only lose motivation. Make sure you have some healthy shit around to fill up on.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #200
honeythorn

I take celery and carrot sticks in a tub to work with me. I have those at my 10 pm break. Gives my stomach something rather fibrous to work on until lunch. I do feel hungry come lunchtime but they certainly help stave off the urge to ogle the vending machines ( which I have never used since working there so far )

I'd also suggest clearing one cupboard at home to keep your healthy foods and snacks in. And maybe an area in the fridge ( I have one cupboard and one of the drawers in our fridge to myself ) Only eat things from those places. Ive found that helped me greatly.

Also, when you go for a walk, don't take your wallet with you or any money at all. That way if you pass a shop you won't be able to go in and buy anything to eat that's bad for you, like chocolate bars ect. Just take a bottle of water with you from home so you can keep hydrated.