Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Despanan

Worst Tea Party EVER.

Next time, lets have one where grown men don't beat up on little girls mm'kay?

Video here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

I wouldn't call her a little girl, but I do agree that WHAT THE FUCK?!

Thanks for giving me some ammo for pro-Teabaggers on other sites.

Concerning the topic at hand, well, I already asked the prerequisite WTF? I am glad that the Tea party (in this case, FEC (?)) condemned the attack, but I think that condemnation is only a good start. Unfortunately, I also think that this situation will not gain major nation-wide attention. You can blame that on the "liberal" (scoff) media.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

She's 23, dude.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Despanan

She's tiny. That man who stomped on her head was in his 50's. The guy who first pulled her to the ground was also huge by comparison.

It's a sad, freaky situation, where a crowd of grown red-necks is so threatened by a girl with a sign that they feel the need to physically attack someone half their size, and then stomp on her head after she's already down.
Quote:
Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

It is pretty fucked up.

I'd be really interested to talk to the people doing it/watching it. I have to believe it's like a mass hysteria temporary insanity kind of thing.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
ape descendant

Oh man... WTF is happening? Steppin' on people's head is not cool, bad redneck... bad!!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
It is pretty fucked up.

I'd be really interested to talk to the people doing it/watching it. I have to believe it's like a mass hysteria temporary insanity kind of thing.
I'd like to believe that, and I think it's probably a contributing factor.

BUT, I spent 4.5 years living in Lexington Ky. I'd say it's more of a bored Redneck machismo kind of thing coupled with the crowd's groupthink and a healthy dose of anti-liberal fear and anger.

If the girl's friend is to be believed one of them said: "We need to run some crowd control" before Rand Paul came up to speak. These guys were angry about what she was saying, but more, these guys wanted to be Batman.

Even after the fact, the guy, Profitt is saying he was worried about Ran Paul's safety.

If you look at the video, he stomps her after she's on the ground and in a fetal position. He wanted to protect his candidate from the evil Massachusetts liberal. He wanted to be able to say: "I held that gun woman down with my foot! I saved Rand Paul's life!" after it was all said and done.

Redneck Machismo. You guys see a bit of it with Deadman, I used to see it every day.
Quote:
Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
Saya

The insanity is definitely not temporary, he now wants her to apologize:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ed.php?ref=fpa
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
Despanan

I've been seeing videos on YouTube claiming she staged/instigated the whole thing.

I mean it's YouTube, but still, seems to be in-line w/ the Tea baggers conspiracy mindset.
Quote:
Old 10-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
Saya

She DOVE right under his foot! Three times!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
ape descendant

Oh, come on, every one knows that moveon.org has secret mind-control devices....

Be Kind
Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #12
CptSternn

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...-wants-apology

Taken from the local news there a day ago. Funny thing is - the stomper now is claiming she started it and he wants an apology from her.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #13
KontanKarite

Rand Paul is fucking poison for Kentucky. But, sadly enough, they'll drink him in like mother's milk.

Why does a "good ol' boy" attitude have to be part of politics? Jesus, people are insufferable assholes.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #14
Saya

Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #15
LaBelleDameSansMerci

That picture's awesome, Saya.

I've been to this thread 3 or 4 times, and still haven't found anything to say. My jaw is working silently.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:10 AM   #16
TheFeatheredÆtheling

That's a beastly thing to do to someone. Would he have done worse if not for the other guy stepping in? I know that this is just one, minor incident, but the atmosphere in the US seems to be increasingly violent as far as I can tell. Other incidents which might be related to the political climate have been much worse. I read an interesting article on Pravda.ru (not a very reliable source of information, I know) that discussed the possibility of another 'civil war'. Do you think that another 'civil war' is possible in the US? I'm serious.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:43 AM   #17
Versus

Double Post.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:48 AM   #18
Versus

I'm really glad I'm not Tim Proffitt. What a fucking moron. I can't think of anything to explain why that would seem necessary but mob hysteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
That's a beastly thing to do to someone. Would he have done worse if not for the other guy stepping in? I know that this is just one, minor incident, but the atmosphere in the US seems to be increasingly violent as far as I can tell. Other incidents which might be related to the political climate have been much worse. I read an interesting article on Pravda.ru (not a very reliable source of information, I know) that discussed the possibility of another 'civil war'. Do you think that another 'civil war' is possible in the US? I'm serious.
And I was expecting a lot worse. Like the Rodney King video. Now THAT'S a stomp. I really wouldn't compare the two (political tension right now vs. something like racial tension at it's worst), or anything of similar gravity.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #19
ape descendant

'Sokay feathered one, Tea Party = paranoid rednecks who think they're real activists....

I doubt we'll have civil war any time terribly soon.

Be Kind
Old 10-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #20
Solumina

Just because they are paranoid rednecks doesn't mean that they should be shrugged off like nothing, these guys are not the only of their mindset, they are not an isolated few. It may be hard for some of you to believe it but in some areas people like that are fucking common place, most of the time they just don't have a small hippy to stomp on so you don't hear much about them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
Gothic.net

Why was she wearing a disguise and a stereotypical Sarah Palin momma grizzly red jacket and holding a Rand Paul sign? Her own footage shows her blond wig being pulled off. I'm kind of surprised that MoveOn would stoop to such basic agent provocateur stunts. I thought they were generally more intelligent than that. Not that it excuses holding disruptive people to the ground under your feet, but she was obviously engaged in duplicitous and/or underhanded buffoonish tactics.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
Why was she wearing a disguise and a stereotypical Sarah Palin momma grizzly red jacket and holding a Rand Paul sign? Her own footage shows her blond wig being pulled off. I'm kind of surprised that MoveOn would stoop to such basic agent provocateur stunts. I thought they were generally more intelligent than that. Not that it excuses holding disruptive people to the ground under your feet, but she was obviously engaged in duplicitous and/or underhanded buffoonish tactics.
According to the original link, she wore it simply for fashion. I guess she thought it was aesthetically pleasing. Whether you want to call bullshit on that is up to you.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #23
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
Yes, because if you are at a rally you don't really support, you're asking for trouble. No one should be allowed to do this!

I didn't think a red jacket is stereotypically Palin now. Excuse me, I need to purge my closet.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #24
XxCire_StarzxX

Insane bastards. >.<
XxCire_StarzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yes, because if you are at a rally you don't really support, you're asking for trouble. No one should be allowed to do this!
I'm not taking up her side, but she wasn't waving a MoveOn banner and/or voicing her own valid agenda, she was waving a Rand Paul banner while being disruptive and wearing a disguise reminiscent of what is associated with Tea Party. Political agent provocateur trolling 101. I just thought MoveOn would be above that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I didn't think a red jacket is stereotypically Palin now. Excuse me, I need to purge my closet.
Srsly?