Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Denchera

Hair?

I want a hairstyle to match my outfits but I can't seem to find something that fits, I was forced to cut my hair a few months ago so I'm growing it out again, but does anyone have any ideas of what I could do now?
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Solumina

Well what do your outfits look like and what kind of hair do you have?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Denchera

My outfits are all black mostly, I can't find any good Goth stores around here so I have to wear anything I can find. Right now I have brown hair, down to my eyebrows and it's all combed down.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
ZyklonB

Goth stores? Thrift stores my friend, thrift stores are your best friends. If you had a digital/webcam and could show us yourself that would help lots.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Denchera

That's exactly what I did at first, I searched all the thrifts I could find and still nothing.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
Solumina

"Black" doesn't really describe your look and "brown" doesn't really describe your hair. Do you go for a deathrock look? Romantic? Cyberpunk (though I suppose not as that would involve a bit of color)? Tradgoth? Elegant? Black is just a color and it is hard to come up with a hairstyle that goes with a color. Also the color of your hair isn't as important as the texture and length. There are different things that can be done with different hair types, I could tell you the most amazing hairstyle but if it wont work with your hair type then it doesn't matter.

As for where to get clothes you can find pieces just about anywhere, some of my "gothist" pieces are actually from Macy's, Target has also been a source of many awesome finds. It really isn't about the individual pieces but how you put them together and accessorize.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
RozzVanian

You should do a full-on victorian goth style thing, like Dave Vanian with the teased black hair and a white streak. And you can hide behind bushes and scare those little kids who like TWILIGHT. I hate them all.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Denchera

Haha, I was going for a more Punk Goth look because my clothes are mostly in that style.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
Pineapple_Juice

Are you a dude?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
Denchera

Yes.

IHATETHIS10CHARACTERSYSTEM
Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
Lovegirl531

Well if you like the victorian/classical goth style i think black or white hair looks the best. You can choose what length you want, it's personal taste. If you're a bit punk, try black with some flashy colours! you could choose..again, long hair or spikey, just look at you're hair as a blank paper, you can do anything you want with it! Streaks..colours..black..white..anything!
Lovegirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
Desdemona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
You should do a full-on victorian goth style thing, like Dave Vanian with the teased black hair and a white streak. And you can hide behind bushes and scare those little kids who like TWILIGHT. I hate them all.
Quoted for truth.
Rozz, that made me laugh.

Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
KontanKarite

Get a high and tight or a crew cut.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denchera View Post
That's exactly what I did at first, I searched all the thrifts I could find and still nothing.
Go to target or walmart. Most of my clothes are from there since charlotte's thrift stores suck. I am able to get clothes to pull off my mortician inspired look quite easily. Any scissors, scissors and thread and needles are your friend when trying to make your own look, well, lool like yours.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
Pineapple_Juice

Now I feel out of style. I was unaware one's hair had to match one's style of dress. I must look ridiculous. My hair is the color of a fire truck with bits of black and blonde and I just wear skirts and sweaters.

Goddamnit. Why didn't anyone tell me? I thought matching shoes and handbags was where it ended!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Now I feel out of style. I was unaware one's hair had to match one's style of dress. I must look ridiculous. My hair is the color of a fire truck with bits of black and blonde and I just wear skirts and sweaters.

Goddamnit. Why didn't anyone tell me? I thought matching shoes and handbags was where it ended!
Nah. You've got to make sure your aura complements your eyes, too. You're behind the times.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
Saya

Yeah, now that I have short hair I have to dress like a pixie or a hippie. Its the law.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
Pineapple_Juice

Hippies have long flowy hair with flowers in it. And lots of grease from lack of proper hygiene etiquette. Or at least that's what my grandmother says.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Grandmother may have skewed opinion.

I just have long hair. Almost dead-straight, except for little bits at the side of my bangs that curl annoyingly.

Big hair is fun...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #20
Pineapple_Juice

Agreed. Big hair makes life better and more pleasant. Which reminds me-I'm due for a cut 'cause the layers in mine are getting too long to poof as I please.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #21
Denchera

My hair is impossible to work with so I'm just going to grow it long and dye it black, I don't like my natural color.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #22
Joker_in_the_Pack

Liberty spikes rock pretty hard, and a mohawk always works (unless, of course, you're opteron man O_O)
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
Pineapple_Juice

I haven't seen liberty spikes in a long time.

I like Maggot's hair. A lot.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
EMIEMIEMI

What do you actually look like? For example, whats you skin complexion, what shape is your face etc.
It's hard to recommend you something when I have no idea whether or not it will suit you.

I'm kinda thinking at the moment perhaps get a choppy messy style, dye it black but shave a bit and bleach that bit if you go for a more "punky" look.
EMIEMIEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #25
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denchera View Post
My hair is impossible to work with so I'm just going to grow it long and dye it black, I don't like my natural color.
A picture would help. Then we could look at your face shape and determine your season. How can anyone know what would look good without that information? Guess you could go get the trendy hairstyle in the Goth magazines.