Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
roserougesang

Hellraiser movies

I discovered the Hellraiser series of movies by Clive Barker about a month ago and I must confess that I'm rather addicted now, it has this delightfully macabre charm to it. My favourites are Hellraiser II and Hellraiser: Bloodline. Angelique is by far one of my favourite cenobites.
Anyone else here a fan?
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Cen0bite

i feel like i was made for this thread. haha.
yesss...i am a big fan of Clive. BIG! and i'm kicking myself soo hard today for not buying the Books of Blood 2 at the used bookstore..AHH!
Mostly because i haven't read the first one yet.
I love Hellraiser, and have seen all 8 (or is it 9? lol) Honestly though, i think that there are too many. i think they should have just stopped at the 3rd one. Everything after that (except Deader, IMO) sucks, especially Hellworld..which i believe is the last one. Hellworld just seemed so cliche to me. You know, teenagers..party in an old house..all end up dead pretty much. The first 2 are definitely my favorites though.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

I didn't know it was a series. I thought it was only one movie.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
jestercel85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen0bite
Honestly though, i think that there are too many. i think they should have just stopped at the 3rd one. Everything after that (except Deader, IMO) sucks, especially Hellworld..which i believe is the last one. Hellworld just seemed so cliche to me. You know, teenagers..party in an old house..all end up dead pretty much. The first 2 are definitely my favorites though.
The only thing I can really say in defence of that last one, the cyber one, was that it did a very good job of playing on peoples fears regarding virtual reality versus actual reality. I liked it just for it's entertainment value though, the only really serious ones were the first few which freaking rocked.
jestercel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
ApothoKeri

I like them. I don't think I have seen all of them, I think 1 and 2 were the only ones I saw years ago and the one with Angelique and the space ship we saw the other day on TV. That one entertained me for the most part too. I always liked Pinhead. I am a bit annoyed with what they did to him in the last one I saw. Then again maybe he comes back and destroys them all later on.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Rorschach Twin

I've read the book. It was decent. I'm not really a big fan of it though. I rather enjoyed to movie as well, but I've never seen the second one.

Did you know that he's writing a sequel to the book?
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
BaronBarker

Huge clive fan you can tell from my name love the first two movies the third had some good ideas and was kinda cool but after that I thought they went downhill read the hellbound heart its the novella hellraisers based off there fairly differnt though the book has some things that are better in my opinion but the 1st and 2nd movies are classics
BaronBarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #8
Mealla

A few friends of mine and I are actually having a Hellraiser marathon this Saturday thanks to the fact I still have yet to see the fifth in the series onward. I did enjoy the first four (though it's been awhile since I've seen them, so it's kinda hazy), and the novella they are based off of is also pretty good. I know some people downright obsessed with the whole thing though. I'm not that bad, just found the Hellraiser series to be interesting, and the first movie is certainly a horror classic.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #9
Sinjob

I really like the first two movies, and the novella as well (which was surprisingly very good). Clive Barker's pretty amazing.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote