Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
Ishan

Second Try - different IP - new guy

Alright, here is the second try to post a new thread as a new member. My other IP address is banned, apparently because AOL sucks.

I will not delve too deeply into my sordid past; suffice it to say I am a proud Pagan who has never performed an animal sacrifice. Pagans do not do this sort of thing, but good, God-fearing Christians seem to think we do. Let them.

Growing up, my world was Las Vegas. I don't go out of my way to gamble; in fact, I almost never gamble. Our family just happened to live in Sin City. Now I live in Fort Lauderdale - have for 16 years.

I do graphic design and web design, along with the occasional voice-over for clients.

Oh yes, I grew up Pagan. It's not some B.S. Fetish for me. It is real. For those of you who have experienced the supernatural, you will understand.

I look forward to submitting my writing and reading your material. I am an avid fan of good grammar, too; so write well!

Daniel T. Pryor, AKA: Ishan
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
Pyre

Welcome to G.net. If you wish, to give us more insight to who you are rather than namely your choice of religion, there are fourteen questions that can be filled out in the main introduction thread (check the stickies). This isn't mandatory, but it helps.

Aside from that, we are glad to have you here, and enjoy your stay.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Ishan

Thanks ... I didn't mean to get wrapped up on that, but I'm at work and not home - and since I couldn't post from home, I felt I'd write a short biography that turned into a mini-proselytize session. GAF!

I'll think of answers to the questions later, but I can answer a few such as >>>

FAVORITE HORROR MOVIE: Tough, but I'd go with "The Ring"
FAVORITE FOOD: Again, difficult, but I'll cover the genre of Mexican and Southwestern as favorites.
FAVORITE MUSIC: Crossover from Sinatra to Informatik.
FAVORITE COLORS: Blue, silver and purple
FAVORITE GENDER: Anything that bends.

More later ... and thanks, Pyre, for the welcome.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
BlackButterfly

Heya... nice avvy! (I've always been drawn to pentagrams... they're so balanced and pleasing to the eye...)

You seem likeable, from the tiny bit I've read (but I'm like a puppy--I like almost everybody!)

We have some of the same fave colors in common, but I like red instead of purple...

Do you work on the radio, or do TV voice-overs, or something else?

...hmmm... what else? Oh yeah...

Welcome!

I'll check back to see your other answers--If you feel you have to put some thought into them, they should be interesting to read...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

You had me when you said Frank Sinatra. Although I prefer Dean Martin.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #6
Pyre

Actually, that's a pentacle >_>

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 12-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
Elliot

So, which type of pagan are you?
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
Ishan

I am Celtic and Goth Pagan - to answer the question above. Also, Pyre is correct in that it is a Pentacle - the pentagram is inverted.

Glad to hear Godslayer likes Dean Martin. I was in a shop on Las Olas (Fort Lauderdale, where I live) earlier tonight, and they have some great photos of the old Rat Pack - many with Dino and Jerry Lewis, too.

I hope this gets on - I'm at home going through a proxy and this site doesn't seem to like those too well.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
Ishan

Well, it made it - maybe that was just a Sunday thing.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
Pyre

I would like to know more of your Paganism. Because Paganism is so broad, it's difficult to focus in on any one thing. Please, if you wish to go into more detail about it, I would be very interested.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:13 AM   #11
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
I would like to know more of your Paganism. Because Paganism is so broad, it's difficult to focus in on any one thing. Please, if you wish to go into more detail about it, I would be very interested.
As would I.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #12
Ishan

Answering Black Butterfly,

Yes I did radio broadcasting, and some TV. But I now produce voice-overs for video, radio and web. I've been doing that, along with other mass media, for 18 years.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
Ishan

More about the Paganism ... hmmm ...

Well, I grew up with it, which is atypical in this (USA) culture - perhaps not for those who are Goth or the like.

Briefly, I believe in multiple ascended spirits and entities, none of which is a God, per se. I believe the Universe is a living entity. I use various herbs, incense, oils and other earth-based materials to focus and channel energy. I also read Tarot and Runes ... each of which can divine very specific information, although they are not always interpreted correctly - even by me.

There is a means of communicated with the departed, though we don't really depart. The energy just changes. I believe in multiple incarnations (reincarnation), and I believe my soul has been on this planet for about 2,000 years. Perhaps a bit more.

This particular incarnation is still somewhat of a mystery to me, though I believe it revolves around acknowledging the truth about myself and my past, both in this life and previous incarnations.

Any questions, specifically?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
PersephoneX

Welcome.

Isn’t it nice to see everyone playing together, peacefully?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #15
korinna5555

ello darling!
im a druid, myself
i was raised roman catholic, and always disagreed with their....well, im not going to go there
Old 01-03-2007, 04:40 PM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Hello poppet. Welcome.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Ishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
ello darling!
im a druid, myself
i was raised roman catholic, and always disagreed with their....well, im not going to go there
> Curious! How does a Druid differ from Pagan. I have not really studied any Duidic customs.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
korinna5555

this should explain it better than my ramblings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-druidism
Old 01-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #19
korinna5555

actually, a correction. i have recently started training to be a druid
i've been wiccan for 5 years