Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #176
raggedyanne

All this reminds me why I denounced Christianity years ago!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #177
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
It really just pisses me the fuck off. My mother went to a psychiatrist and said "oh boo hoo my daughter doesn't pray anymore and she says she's agnostic and she wears all black she must be depressed!" So the psychiatrist called me in (I wasn't even in the room at the time she was spewing shit) and said "we're putting you on Prozac." I was like "no, you haven't asked me, the patient, any fucking questions. What give you any right to diagnose me with depression with out asking ME." And since I refused to let him shove antidepressants down my throat he threw me in a mental hospital. When I was admitted they asked me where my scars were and I said I didn't cut myself and the lady looked at me and then at my mother and pulled me aside and asked me "honey, then why are you here?" Luckily, they shipped me home after a day and a half because they couldn't find anything wrong with me. That's not anywhere near what some people have gone through, so eh. The biggest slap in the face was when I got home to discover the stupid bitch had burned all of my artwork, now I have to give all of my pieces away to friends.
OMG... That's awful
*hugs*

And to the original list, it really is ridiculous... According to the list, even my grandmother (the arabic one) is satanic (she always wears black as an arabic traditional clothing)
She watches cable, doesn't like social gatherings an events, always alone, requires time alone (i guess since my grandfather died she is now talking to satan)

Hahaha
Just imagined her headbanging (I'm pretty sure she won't do that)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #178
freddy666

hahahahaha

religious people are weak. they are afraid of dying. so they make up little fairy tales about heaven
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #179
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy666
religious people are weak. they are afraid of dying. so they make up little fairy tales about heaven

I'm afraid of dying.
And I have no religion.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #180
MollyMac

It's a Catch 22. They have no fear of dying because of their religion, but the religion was created partially because of a fear of dying.

It;s kind of how much of the general rules of human kind are religious edicts that became law, and now that we have laws, people see to abolish religion.

Else, you are also just a shock-twat who needs attention. Cootchie coo, mother fucker.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #181
Joker_in_the_Pack

The fear of death is the waste of life. You shouldn't concern yourself with the ultimate end while you have more than enough of the middle to be concerned about.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #182
Godslayer Jillian

Fear of death doesn't necessarily entail the obsession with death.
I see death as I see the government: they're both there; I don't want them; I want to flip them off, fuck them over, get away from them, and never look back.
A lot of people that are not scared of death in our society are simply not scared of it because they can't see how special is life and how much beauty they'll be missing when they're gone. This is especially true among poser goths that feel cool because life and death are the same to them.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #183
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Fear of death doesn't necessarily entail the obsession with death.
I see death as I see the government: they're both there; I don't want them; I want to flip them off, fuck them over, get away from them, and never look back.
A lot of people that are not scared of death in our society are simply not scared of it because they can't see how special is life and how much beauty they'll be missing when they're gone. This is especially true among poser goths that feel cool because life and death are the same to them.

Agreed. I hate the fact that I'm not going to be able to do everything or see everything I want to see.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:47 AM   #184
JCC

I'm not scared of death because I'm convinced that every essence of my being is going to be concentrated on contentment. Fear of death is for people who waste life: we'll see whether I fear death in fifty years.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:09 AM   #185
MitsyMayhem

Many people are motivated by their fears, if anything that fear should prompt one to try and experience more.

And I fear aging too.
Which inspires me to eat healthy, put on the extra sunblock, and as well as try and do things when I'm old, like some people of older generations have done. Like doesn't end at 60. If you're still breathing you can always still enjoy your life, whether it's reading books you make have overlooked or otherwise.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #186
Scareebowfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I'm not scared of death because I'm convinced that every essence of my being is going to be concentrated on contentment. Fear of death is for people who waste life: we'll see whether I fear death in fifty years.
You don't fear death? I'm just curious, have you ever been confronted with a life threatening situation, to know?
Fear of death may very well save your life, that's why we go to doctors when we are very sick or have a strange mark on our body isn't it?
Scareebowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:25 AM   #187
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareebowfairy
You don't fear death? I'm just curious, have you ever been confronted with a life threatening situation, to know?
Fear of death may very well save your life, that's why we go to doctors when we are very sick or have a strange mark on our body isn't it?
Going to the doctors isn't a fear of death. To want to prolong an experience isn't to fear the next.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 AM   #188
a morbid curiosity

^ No, no it's not. Fear of death is different from just not wanting it to happen, and, as JCC says, wanting to enjoy life to the fullest and not wishing to waste it.

Edit: Damn, in before me. :P
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:34 AM   #189
Scareebowfairy

lol fair enough
Scareebowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #190
Agent17

I want Count Dracula cereal
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #191
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy666

Why are they weak?

I also find it interesting that you have "666" in your name.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #192
Visum Res

I'ld like to point out that death is merely the complete and final separation from your mind and your body. Being afraid in a near-death experience isn't necessarily so much a fear of death as it is a fear of no longer living. I personally am afraid of neither, but I am afraid of no longer EXISTING. As I have not died, I do not know if anything awaits us, and thus do not want to test if this is purely born from humanities desire for retribution, the after-life, etc. etc. Please keep the difference in mind...
Visum Res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #193
ellelino

i've always been a curious person, I've been faced with a lot of life-threatening experiences, mostly induced by me, from car crashes, to bunjee jumping...
I'm considerably young, but so far I've managed to live everyday to the fullest, with as little sleep as possible, not to miss anything...
I can pretty much say that I am not afraid of death, but more of curious, don't fear what you can't control, just accept it and hope for the best!
ellelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #194
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareebowfairy
You're confusing fear of death with survival instinct.

As for me, I'm not afraid of dying. If given the option I'd much rather not die, as I've got many things to do left in life, but I'm not afraid to die.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #195
jack_the_knife

This part of the thread remind me of Fight Club so much I have to post a quote.

Tyler Durden: Fuck damnation, man! Fuck redemption! We are God's unwanted children? So be it!
Narrator: OK. Give me some water!
Tyler Durden: Listen, you can run water over your hand and make it worse or...
[shouts]
Tyler Durden: look at me... or you can use vinegar and neutralize the burn.
Narrator: Please let me have it... *Please*!
Tyler Durden: First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.

enjoy
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #196
The Antichrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurosis

-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nail polish.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil spirits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (*Remark: it's Count Chocula, not Dracula, idiots.)

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".

-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.
That is complete bullshit.If this shit is true then everybody is goth.Fucking stuipid fake as god lovers.They should go play in traffic.
The Antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #197
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil spirits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
I got twenty seven things on the "goth" list, so, since 27 > 5 (required amount to be "goth", that makes me a "goth". Does this mean I'm not hardcore?

Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #198
jack_the_knife

I find the list quite entertaining. But I think it's quite sad that some people actually take it seriously. Is there an excessive number of narrow minded people out there?
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 AM   #199
MitsyMayhem

HAHAHA
Most kids are 'goth' then XD
Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 AM   #200
gothicusmaximus

The funniest part of this thing is the phrase "attain satan".
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote