Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #176
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
So even though I planned to be yuki from vampire knight................I changed my mind and decided to just be a regular vampire........................I have my costume already...and I bought those cool realistic fangs. I know it's cliche but I've never been a vampire for halloween before and I think it would be a nice change from my alice and wonderland costume of last year.
Hahaha, you wanted to be a whiny incestuous vampire?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #177
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
Right now I'm thinking either Lux Interior (in his honor) or American Psycho's Patrick Bateman. Or maybe a zombie, but that's just an excuse to break out my DiY haha.
You'll need a Poison Ivy to accompany you if you dress as Lux!
: P

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #178
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
You'll need a Poison Ivy to accompany you if you dress as Lux!
: P
I'm a bit confused on several fronts, I just looked up Lux Interior and couldnt find out how he is related to Lex Luthor. Also why would Lex Luthor go out with poison ivy, he never was fond of the Joker, wouldn't he go out with Mercy Graves?

I just noticed that the voice actress of Mercy Graves is none other than Dr. Cuddy from House!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #179
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I just noticed that the voice actress of Mercy Graves is none other than Dr. Cuddy from House!
The actress who plays Dr. Cuddy is also an ex-club kid. Talk about crazy teen years.. >_<
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #180
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
I'm a bit confused on several fronts, I just looked up Lux Interior and couldnt find out how he is related to Lex Luthor. Also why would Lex Luthor go out with poison ivy, he never was fond of the Joker, wouldn't he go out with Mercy Graves?

Lux's wife is called Poison Ivy.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #181
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
Lux's wife is called Poison Ivy.
Well that makes sense. I also just realized I mixed up Poison Ivy with Harley Quinn.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #182
MissGracie

Undead mummy Cleopatra! I'm excited, All I need is more cheesecloth, some white underthings to wear, some spare bits of fabric for a tattered skirt, and something for a pretty decoration on my head... :P
MissGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #183
skoteinh

We don't celebrate Halloween in Greece *sob*

Only privately, or maybe a special goth club night (fortunately it falls on a Saturday this year).

However, we have a whole month of carnival in February, but it's too early for me to think what to wear.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #184
Duane

Difficult... should I go as Dante Hicks, Silent Bob, or the offended customer from the Jizz mopper scene in Clerks?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #185
Cicero

I haven't really thought about it much. I'll probably just end up an Amazonian shaman or voodoo priestess... I'm counting on my supply of bones and feathers to produce something interesting.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #186
Rose_White_Valentine

Yup! I am a Lovecraft fan and I have my very own Miskatonic University cheerleader uniform
Rose_White_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #187
Xombie

I'm going to be Waldo for one party, and a minotaur on Halloween.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #188
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:

Let me get this straight-you just GOOGLED Lux Interior?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #189
Jaye Jang

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
We don't celebrate Halloween in Greece *sob*

Only privately, or maybe a special goth club night (fortunately it falls on a Saturday this year).

However, we have a whole month of carnival in February, but it's too early for me to think what to wear.
Start your own tradition, then. Throw a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" party, complete with props. Or do an actual Hallowe'en party, complete with costumes, and have your friends bring the kids. Just say you felt like having a good old-fashioned "American-style" Hallowe'en, if anyone asks. (Hey. We 'borrowed' democracy from you folks, so why can't you 'borrow' Hallowe'en blowouts from us?)
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #190
Lilith Savor666

i might go as a cat...i like animals...and being that Halloween is almost here, i wana be an anime cat...or something.
I'm still trying to think of something, giving the fact that i cut my hair and that i dont think that there are any costumes that would suit me that well; since i like alot of supernatural things, but other than that, being a cat is my best choice for this moment
Lilith Savor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #191
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Start your own tradition, then. Throw a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" party, complete with props. Or do an actual Hallowe'en party, complete with costumes, and have your friends bring the kids. Just say you felt like having a good old-fashioned "American-style" Hallowe'en, if anyone asks. (Hey. We 'borrowed' democracy from you folks, so why can't you 'borrow' Hallowe'en blowouts from us?)
That's a brilliant idea! I own the DVD complete with 'participation prompter' & singalongs. So all we need is newspapers, rice, water pistols etc etc.

Touch-a touch-a touch-a touch me!!! hahaha
Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #192
Saya

Man I looked around work for a Halloween costume, they're all like 70 dollars. WTF?

But there's a Halloween store now across from the mall where I work, so I shall go over there and look tomorrow :3 My budget is small though but if I find nothing I can afford I can put together a witch costume no problem, just need a hat.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #193
creature6

Is renting one not an idea ?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #194
I_Zik

ZOMBIE!!!! I'm going to try, and I mean try, to pull off a zombie costume this year. Bloody shoulder, stomach all hollowed, guts hanging out. I think I'll probably have to make a couple gallons of fake blood because I'll be wearing it for like 4 days. Why only dress up on the one day? Those Santa thumpers get away with hamming it up Nov 1st.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #195
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
Is renting one not an idea ?
I don't know of any place that rents, and I'd rather have something I can keep.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #196
creature6

then what about if you make your own?
or ask a friend to help you making one that way it will be cheaper and you can keep it.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #197
I_Zik

I just bought some clothing from the local thrift store. Like 10 bucks bought me an awesome white shirt, pants, shoes, and belt. I've spent more on fake blood ingredients and condoms to make intestines. Making one is always the best option unless you plan on going as a wookie, or something of similar difficulty. I wish I could make a whole ensemble for halloween every year, and then sell them the next year.
When you make it, "it will be cheaper and you can keep it."
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #198
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
then what about if you make your own?
or ask a friend to help you making one that way it will be cheaper and you can keep it.
Thats what I'm keeping in mind, I have pretty much everything for a witchy costume (again, minus the hat) but I'm thinking Rebecca Chambers would still be easy to pull off. Just need to see whats at the Value Village.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #199
Jaye Jang

Saya, do they have any 'dollar' store equivalents where you are? I mean, some of the stuff is kind of el-cheapo, but the make-up and props would work -- and the stuff is only 1 dollar. End of story. Here we have Dollar Tree, Only $1, Honk's and Family Dollar Stores, most of which have web sites, BTW. (I mean, I buy all my lunch stuff at Family Dollar Stores, because the cafeteria where I work is REALLY expensive -- although they do have a great salad bar).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #200
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Zik View Post
Those Santa thumpers get away with hamming it up Nov 1st.
HA! I WISH my mama would wait until Nov 1st.. >_<
I'm so glad I won't have to suffer though another winter of Christmas music..