Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
DefinedRapture

blowout.

Okay, so I was upping my 2, to a 0 on my birthday the other day, friday -> and well, I've never really had a blow out THIS bad. It doesnt hurt, to me, but it is really icky.

Icky in the sense that there are the open wounds and bleeds all the time, and its sorta manglely

I dont want to get rid of it, its taken me forever to get it this far, and i dont have any gauges to up my ear back to this after. Will it actually heal do you think, just keeping it how it is *cleaning every few times a day*

I mean I clean it with Antibacterial soap, hoping it will kill any potential infections.. but how about Neosporin and the other spiffy cleaning products?
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Solumina

I'm a little confused as to what you are talking about so I really can't be of any help
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
DefinedRapture

if there is a certain way i should clean a blowout. If it'll heal okay, or if i actually Have to take it out.

has anyone else's blowouts *if they've had one* got really bad, or ect. stories are nice. how they treated their ears. how far theyve gone in gauging.
which upping was the hardest. *mine, 2 -> 0*

sorry i made it confusing.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
lostintranslation

Solumnia-DefinedRapture was attempting to put in a larger size gauge into thier ear when they blew out their ear lobe, now DefinedRapture needs to know what to do about the blow out.

DefinedRapture-I do not have gauges, so I do not know. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
DefinedRapture

thanks anyways. <3
Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Stormtrooper of Death

Ouch, that's got to fucking hurt. I would recommend Hydrogen Peroxide and keep the wound clean as much as possible.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
AngelikDemonik

Don't use neosporin. Wash it several times a day with antibacterial soap, keep your hair away from your ear, and be sure to not get any hair product near your ear (wash out shampoo and conditioner well, and avoid using hairspray/gel/mousse). Keep it clean and dry (get some sterile 2x2's and some medical tape if needed).

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Xombie

Don't keep the gauge at a 0. Put the 2 back in and let it heal using AngelikDemonik's advice, then once it has fully recovered you can try stretching again.

As for stories, I'm currently at 5/8" in both of my ears, and I've been stretching for two years. I've done my best to space out each "session" of stretching so as not to damage my earlobes at all. The only complication I've ever had was wearing 7/16" metal tapers much too heavy and they got ripped out at a show. I bled for a few days but it healed fine.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
lostintranslation

As in it ripped your earlobe completely??
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
Xombie

No, it didn't rip through my earlobe. Hah. I don't think that would "heal fine." =P It just tore the inside enough for it to bleed a bit.

On another note, if my lobes ever got icky after stretching, I would use H2Ocean. That shit is bomb.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
korinna5555

Instead of antibacterial soap, I've always used warm water with sea salt. (H2Ocean is just that, but more expensive, lulz)

On another note, I just stretched to a 6g. I'm planning on getting a pair of these when I get to a 4g. I stretch REALLY easy, but I still take it slow.
http://www.anotherhole.com/store/pro...p?productid=30